Playstation 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Haloid1177, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well thanks for the clarification. I see no reason to buy a Pro anymore because I only wanted it for the ability to play UHD. I'll just put that money towards a standalone UHD player.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

from the sounds of things, it's not even going to support UHD blurays anyways. you are better off getting a standalone player.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well yeah, that was what I was checking. I don't see what the point is when it is just going to play regular BDs.

4. Dolza_Khyron

neither do i. which is why i am just going to go with either the original, or the slim, and just add a hard drive of my own. since i have been meaning to pick up a ps4 anyways. and i do not care at all about 4k. since i do not have a 4k tv, and do not plan to buy one anytime right now. not until it is the standard for everything.

whether it is 4k, 1080p, or 720p, i really do not care. i just want to play the games.

5. Dolza_Khyron

after careful thinking, and research, I got concerned that the next version of playstation 4, will be so far advance that the original/slim games wouldn't function on it, that I just decided to go with the Pro. I'll probably still add my own hard drive, though. Being that, eventually the pro will become the standard, when the original, and the slim disappear from the shelves, and then the pro will be replaced.

So yea, then i got concerned that the Pro's preorders would sell out, and be scalped to hell. So I went ahead and just preordered it. Sure, it is more than I need, and more than my tv will display, but, it was only a 100 dollars more. I'll worry about whether or not to upgrade the hard drive when it comes out.

i am especially worried about it being scalped on ebay, considering i can see the playstation VR, which is sold out at most places, on ebay, for upwards of 750 dollars. some people are selling it for as much as 3,000 dollars.

i also must add, this is the first time i have ever preordered a console. or anything, to be honest.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  6. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

You'll be good with any choice you get a little more bang for the buck with the pro with the extra features. In the end though as sony themselves have said any ps4 game released after the pro will work on the current ps4, slim, or pro, and any past ps4 games will work on the pro so you really don't need to worry about any games not workin on certain versions of the system.. The only thing with the past games is unless a developer patches the old games the pro would be playing the game with the same look and performance as a current ps4. If however they decided to patch past games to take advantage of the extra power of the pro they can do that as well with the higher resolution, and graphics. Some games like uncharted 4 are scheduled to be upgraded but they would still play without the upgrade.

As far as ebay goes that's just the sad thing about how some people are. The free silent hills P.T demo was actually being scalped to the late and gullible for $2000 and up by some after the game was canceled and it was no longer able to be downloaded

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  7. Dolza_Khyron

yea. but i can't just take sony at their word, face value, though, right? just because they say so now, doesn't mean they change their mind later. the difference is only 100 dollars. it's the cost of the ps4, in 2013. it's not a huge increase.

depending on how big the updates are, i may or may not get them. being that a 20 gb download on my ps3, takes a long time to download on my wifi. So, I try to avoid it. now if these patches are on the discs, which they will never be, then i might use them. But, i probably will not. not if they are just improving graphics in a way i will never use.

with that said, i am considering replacing some of my old ps3 games with ps4 versions. like Last of Us Remastered. considering it is only $13 at walmart right now. I haven't really gotten around to play it, and i have been meaning to. But, now that i have a ps4, i think i'd prefer to play it on the ps4. I'm also interest in Resident Evil Origins; I haven't played a resident evil game since code veronica, and i'd love to play another one. I'm also considering the Dragonball xenoverse game too. since amazon has it for really cheap. actually, most of these games are games i have been wanting to play for awhile now, but just won't play very well on my 6 year old computer. And, it is much cheaper to buy a ps4, than a new computer. and as for upgrading, i have no idea what i'd be doing there.

As for the reason I went with ps4 vs xbox one, is mainly due to the fact i like the exclusives on playstation, more than i do on xbox. So, PS4 it is. even if the scorpio is revealed to be 12 times better than the ps4 pro, it doesn't matter, if there aren't really any games on it i want to play. In fact, I made a list of exclusive games for both ps4, and xbox one, along with the WiiU, that i wanted to play. only exclusives, and the only exclusive game i could find that i wanted to play on xbox one, was the Rare Games Collection. I love Rare, but it isn't 400 dollars love. well, I love the old Rare. WiiU, barely had any games i wanted, that were not on the Wii. So, I went with ps4. Basically, because i just want to play some modern games for once. lol Not just games that came out 10 years ago. although, i will continue to buy games for ps3/xbox 360. mainly focusing on exclusives/console only titles though.

other games i am looking into are the collections, like the return to arkham, uncharted, kingdom hearts, final fantasy 10, and various other games that either came out for ps3 or 2, that i never gotten around to playing. especially the Arkham games. my last PC couldn't run them, and i just haven't picked them up yet for the PC. mainly worried they will probably run terrible. lol while graphics don't mean too much to me, better quality gaming, such as complete collections, and remasters, possibly with bugs fixed, does matter to me. So, that is why i'd probably would prefer picking up these for ps4, even though i think i can find most of them for ps3.

as for scalpers, yea; it is because of that VR thing that i decided to go ahead and preorder it. as otherwise, it might be a 6 or 7 months before i see it at walmart again. especially if people start selling it for 1000s of dollars on ebay, like they are the VR headset, which isn't even out yet, as far as i know. I just predict, the ps4 pro will be gone until Januray at least, after it's release in November.

ps4 is region free right? so if i bought the import version of bloodborne game of the year edition, it'd run right?

8. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, the PS4 is indeed region-free.

9. Dolza_Khyron

now the question is; will it run it well? or am i better off buying the game, and then all the DLC PSN?

10. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Why wouldn't it run well?

Also, about DLC... if you're buying games that aren't from your region, one important thing to note is that the DLC and game must be from the same region, otherwise the DLC won't work. Let's say I import a JP game, I would need to buy the JP DLC since the US ones won't work on it. Same if you're buying US or UK games; you have to get the matching DLC from the same region PSN store as the game you have.

11. Dolza_Khyron

just because it runs, doesn't mean it is a complete 100 percent compatible with the american version.

or am i wrong on that?

i understand that part about the DLC, i was talking about buying the american version, with the american DLC.

12. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No issues there then. Will work regardless of the console, so long as the game and DLC match :thumb 

13. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I did the same with some of my ps3 games upgrading to the ps4 versions.

You are probably right about the pro being hard to find for awhile after its launch. I bought my ps4 at the end of march following its release and it was really hard to find even then. I got lucky and a Gamestop had just got a shipment in a couple days before telling me they only had a few and had a hard time even getting them in

14. Dolza_Khyron

i would love to play last of us remastered for the 13 dollars *new* amazon and walmart are asking for. even if it came with my ps3 console. i haven't started playing it, and i'd much rather play the superior version. some of the remasters, i am probably not going to go for. like the tomb raider remaster, I honestly like the way she looked before the remaster on my PC version. yea; the ps3 version, doesn't look as good as the ps4 version. but the PC version of that 7th gen game, looks amazing. completely unnecessary for them to go and edit things for the 8th gen.

but, a lot of the games that came out at the end of the ps3/360 era, i would love to buy remasters of. since at that point 7 gen was showing it's age.

i predict the Pro will be sold out, for around a year. and Sony knows this, so that is why they released the Slim too, so they would at least have a console on the shelves during the holiday season. although, they really could have just released more of the original models. or perhaps just put some of the minor changes in the slim, in the original model, and then released that. but, maybe they thought that might cause confusion with consumers.

but with the VR headset, being released within a month of the ps4 pro, i predict both will be sold out until at least march. they will be selling for 1000s of dollars on ebay during the christmas season.

Why? because who is going to spend $400 on a vr headset, and buy the slim? lol just spend the extra hundred at that point.

i recommend anybody who wants the Pro vs the Slim, preorder it now. as Walmart will allow me to buy up to 100 of them. while everyone else will only allow me to order up to 3. bestbuy; amazon, and gamestop.

speaking of gamestop; gamestop, you are hilarious;

PlayStation 4 Slim 1TB FINAL FANTASY XV Limited Edition Bundle - Only at GameStop

the ps4 slim, only 150 dollars more than the slim, and 50 dollars more than the pro! LOL

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  15. Dolza_Khyron

it appears that ps4 pro is actually now sold out at walmart. 2 days ago, they were allowing people to buy up to 100. so not surprised. just thought i'd let people know who want one.

16. Primus1998

Primus1998 Professional lunatic

I own both Xbox One and Playstation 4, all I can say is that PS4 is better than Xbox One in ways, for example Uncharted.

17. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Quick question, are the motion pegs on a ps3 controller swappable with a ps4 controller. My puppy, destructive little thing, gnawed on the right stick of my ps4 controller. I could order a replacement, but have a broken ps3 controller so if I could just swap them out...

18. Dolza_Khyron

may or may not be; from what i have read, is that the ps3 controllers have gone through many different variations over the last 10 years since it came out; and none are compatible with each other. So, if that is true, your ps3 controller's parts, might not be compatible with another ps3 controller. And What I have read, the only way to tell which one is which, is to open them up. I have no idea how true this is though.

whether it is xbox, ps, nintendo, or pc, what really matters isn't the hardware, whether it can do 1080p, 4k, 10k, 100k, none of that really matters. what really matters is which one has more games each individual actually wants to play.

and for me, the only xbox one game, that wasn't available on any other platform *physically*, that i could find that i actually wanted, was the Rare Games collection; which i am betting i can find the games in the Rare Games collection, on xbox's store, and play them anyways on my 360. or just buy the older versions. i mean, i really just want to play perfect dark again. lol

nintendo wii-u, had just a handful of games, that were NOT on Wii, that i actually wanted to play. and most of them were still going for prices, i didn't wish to pay.

my pc isn't able to play many of the newer games anymore, and i have no idea what i am doing upgrading, and with ps4 having a lot more games i actually want to play, both multiplatform *most of which, were on xbox-one*, and exclusives; especially exclusives, it just made more sense for me to go with ps4, instead of upgrading my computer.

whether xbox or ps, or nintendo, or even pc, it really does not matter which one is better. the only thing that really matters are the games.

19. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PS+ October Games
    • Resident Evil, PS4
    • Transformers: Devastation, PS4
    • Mad Riders, PS3
    • From Dust, PS3
    • Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~, PS Vita
    • Actual Sunlight, PS Vita

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm getting both of the PS4 Plus games before I have to cancel my subscription due to the price hike. I'll renew it when I get another multiplayer centric game.