Playing with Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The touch79, Aug 12, 2010.

1. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Does anyone besides me here play with there toys like the very beginning of toy story 1 or 3 where they create a whole story with them? I feel if I don't create stories/scenarios for them, I don't get the full value of them. Your thoughts?

2. GUNRAPT0R

GUNRAPT0R Aerialbot

Heck, I'm 17 in a few weeks and I do something like that when there's nothing to do. I'm not afraid to admit it.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    hell I'll top that I am 37 and i still do it. and proud of it.

4. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I'll be 20 next month and I have been doing it more often than usual because it's summer time. lol. I hear people say they display them and pose them, but I think "That's all you the fun you get out of your toys?" I mean sure, there may not be enough time to actually "play" with them, but when it's love, well, you know the rest. lol

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Yep, 36 years young and I still play with them. After all, they get kind of bored sitting on the shelves, they need some exercise!
    I especially do this when there is absolutely crap on TV and nothing worth watching. Then it's TF time!

6. GUNRAPT0R

GUNRAPT0R Aerialbot

You beat me X_X

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I do, but my version of playing is changing up what TF's I have on display (I don't display everything), changing up poses, getting out TF's I haven't seen in a while, transforming, etc.

8. Pulverize

Pulverize Predacon

Heck yeah, well I am still a kid, but yeah.

9. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

No story but on the rare occasion, I take a lot of transformers and pose them in a battle for a photo shoot.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, this is what I do pretty much. I love Transforming them and positioning them in action poses on my shelf. Can't really play with toys... I feel silly making the noises:lol 

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    To those members who do actually play with their toys...do you make the sound effects and everything? I think that's pretty cool of everyone, by the way.

12. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

totally, the wife gets a kick out of me making the TF sound, the voices, and gunfire, lol..

13. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

What's playtime without sound-effects?

14. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Cool.. do you have them online? Mine didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.

15. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I used to put on some pretty epic stories when I was a kid, but now I just can't. Part of it is that I have too many. Some of them take too long to transform (I'm looking at you, WfC Optimus). Finding the time when the wife isn't wanting me to do something, or the kids aren't around ("Who's this guy, Daddy?" "Can you Transform this for me?" "Stop taking those, those are mine!") is pretty difficult. I'd really need like a full day or two just to get my head into the game.

Plus, I feel pretty silly talking for them in suitable voices. :crazy: 

There should be a spin-off thread where we could share some of the stories we've created while playing, but it would probably be moved to Fan Fiction.

16. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I do. I haven't in a little while, but I plan on doing it again very soon (c'mon Armada Optimus, arrive already! :tongue:  ). Hell, it's the main reason I buy TF's. I love playing out stories with them, especially when I get a multi-part arch going. Oh, and I always write it down afterward, so I can remember what's going on and in hopes of using it for fan-fiction. Oh, and to the person who asked about the sound effects, yes, I occasionally do them, but I always talk in the voice of whose talking in my stories (Starscream's always the most fun. ;)  )

17. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I pose and transform them, but not "play" with them.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I don't. I can't risk the chance of being caught by my girlfriend. LOL

Really though, I'll sit around with a figure and fiddle with it while I watch videos on YouTube or TV or something. I won't make like a big battle scene, as that is already what my display basically is anyway.

19. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I play with them, sure.

What I really like to do is take my flip Camcorder and make stopmotions with them. I have I don't know how much footage on here of me making a stopmotion series of my movie Legend toys having an epic battle. :lol  It's hard, but the end result of transformers fighting eachother on your computer screen is amazing.

Heck, watching Youtuber nightslash2020's stopmotion series is what got me into the toys to begin with! :) 

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I play with my Legends figures, both because they're quick to transform and I have guys from both factions.

I'm rough on toys, though. Bots can only "kill" each other by ripping out every one of their ball joints! (and bending any other joints the wrong-as-in-not-correct-for-robot-mode way) :lol