Playing with TFers and your kids

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My niece is 3 1/2 and I've been steadily getting her into Transformers. She owns Cyberverse Bumblebee and Ironhide, has specifically requested an Optimus Prime toy, and the couple times she's been to my house she's played with Animated Leader Bulkhead, Universe Inferno and Cybertron Jetfire. Her dad is both a pilot and a volunteer firefighter, so she likes big planes and fire engines. I refrained from cringing as she drove Inferno over the rocks on my patio, scuffing his plastic and smoothing his wheels, reminding myself of the beat-to-hell-and-back collection of G1 toys I played with when I was a kid and realizing I probably wouldn't be the fan I am if I'd left them in their boxes.

The toys are worth money, but you know what? The memories are worth more.

Sadly I have thus far been unable to train her to say "Sorry, my bad!" and "Time for the big guns!" Just as well, I suppose... her mother wants to kill me already.

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the stories here... My daughter's first birthday is this sunday, and since she loves playing (read: eating) daddy's transformers, we bought her the playskool prime and bumblebee for her birthday (wanted to get her the whole line but my wife suggested we see how she does with those 2 first).

Can't wait to see her reaction.

3. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I have a son just about to turn 6. For the last year or so, when I get home from work every night I hear "Dad, I want to play with YOUR toys..."