Plastic variation on reissue Alt. Meister?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dasaffe, Oct 22, 2006.

1. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

I was one of the (I guess very few) people who missed out on Meister in his first Alternator release, and picked the toy up recently. In the store, I noticed that the colors of the triangular hood flap and the trunk pieces were more of an off-white than the polar white of the rest of the car. I bought it anyway, thinking I'd find another later on with a more stable color scheme and I couldn't really have too many Jazzes floating around.

But every subsequent figure I've seen in the stores has been similarly afflicted.

In photoshoots of the first release toy, it seems like the colors match very uniformly and I haven't read any negative feedback about color matching from that release.

Has anyone noticed this?

It almost looks like Hasbro mixed up some off-white to match the Binaltech release, but the color only wound up in the triangle hood piece and trunk.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the colors on them are the same. the original release has the same off-white parts.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

What Valkysas said. I have the red box meister and waited almost a year to open it, it was in my closet and when I opened it I thought it had gone that way. They are all like that :( 

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I got my red-box Alt Meister in a trade some time before the reissue, and the triangular piece on the hood is also off-white. It's just been like that.

Perhaps the pics you saw were of the Binaltech version, or the "error" isn't noticeable on film.