Heavy/Scratch: Plastic Model Cars, votes?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rumsawatti, Sep 16, 2011.

?

Which model do you like better?

1. Revell Acura Integra, Silver, My brothers

75.0%
  2. Fujimi Nissan Sil-Eighty, blue, Mine

25.0%
  1. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

Wow havent posted here in a while...
    Feel Free to skip past all my writing if it bores you :D  just vote and comment! :D 

So, here's the story, me and my brother both bought each other plastic model cars, the goal? To make them look sweet! So, now that our hard works are done, presenting The Blue Sil-Eighty from Initial D created by yours truly(There will be an update with the driver, Mako, when i find a @#@$% head to use for her!) :D  and The Shiny and Silvery Acura Integra created by my brother. So i will list the details later, However if you guys could kindly take the time out and vote which you like better and possibly give a few comments, good, bad, random, or bizarre ;) 

Both cars are built from plastic model kits skill level 2 :)  This is my brothers 5th model, but his first in about 7 years. This is my first ever build-able model car :p 

ONWARD!:

[​IMG]

Now as i said, blues mine, silver is my brothers, we will start with my brothers: Revell Acura integra, hood opens with fully built engine. Not much chop work or hard modding done. Car was put together with taste choosing all the right parts. The addons include a custom visor over the rear windshield made from a piece of plastic. An intercooler in the front bumper. custom stained glass windows. This car did not come painted, my brother painted the car and everything on the car himself. Also, the wheels were taken off a different car and had to be "modded" to work on this car. Also the tires had to be cut and refixed to fit the rim. A lot of work was putt in to making this car sit as low as it does :D  Nothing special about the interior, sprayed black that's it. The headlights and taillights were made by him and are beautiful.

Cons: Not much A few paint blotches, and some glue stain not a lot though. Beautiful car!

Here's some singular pics :) 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There was a picture of the engine, but my brother didn't like how it came out :( 

Now onto the next car Mine: My car is a Fujimi Nissan Sil-Eighty(hopefully my future car) :eek: ) Unlike my brothers car my car came already painted, a good thing for me, but also bad because i wasn't able to let paint fix my errors :(  anyhoo Although my car may be a bit more choppy than my brothers i have a lot of work in it. I cut a hole in the roof to put in the sunroof, Cut off the original front bumper and put on this one to make it look lower. Changes the wheels to bigger lower profile wheels and made it sit as low as i could. I also replaced the exhaust and stole my brothers idea :eek: (the rear window visor). I also added an intercooler in the front bumper and custom painted the front and back taillights. Changes to the interior include custom painted black and blue striped racing seats, A custom racing steering wheel, a nitrous bottle and a mini model of the car. I couldn't get a good picture of the interior :(  Final touches were the stickers on the intercooler, windows, and wheels.

Cons: MUCH glue stain on the windows. Some of the parts that i had to paint(interior, back windows and the side-panels) are kind of sloppy. There are a few rough edges where i cut the sunroof and bumper but they can be fixed with epoxy, again much glue stain on body and window(hate super glue)

Singular pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cute mini version of the same car! :D 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, Like i said, vote comment and let us know! This isnt a competition to see who is better, just having fun :D 

Comparison pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its beating me!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm not digging the blue and gold colors on the Integra. I like blue better anyways :) 

3. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

I like how they really look like ricer kids cars hahaha. I understand if its unintentional but nevertheless... the silver one does appeal more. Add some duck tape motif holding the bumper on the blue one...oh and a coat hanger to keep the muffler on hahah.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I have to base it off of execution and for me the silver gets it. Both have neat ideas going on, and both have mishaps that could be refined on the next go round.

They look cool nonetheless and you got to have a good time with your bro, I count that the most important part.

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking cool man! :)  i dig the silver better, dunno why, just looks more sleek :)  like a lil car show in the making :) 

6. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

Thank you guys for the great comments, I do agree,, the silver is much cleaner and sleek :D 

7. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm drifting to the sil eighty !!! What's underb The Hood SR or RB?

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    they both look good, and I love the little mini version you got in the back window of yours there....neat idea.

but...

I gotta go with the A.I.

9. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I think the silver Accura looks better. Nice job on both though.

10. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

Thanks for the comments!

I shouldve seen this coming! his is so much cleaner :banghead: 

:lol ...definitely the sr20det baby turboed! ;) 

11. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    His, the wheels on yours look like they are about to snap off, but for your first kit, you did really well. Maybe straighten out the intercooler as well.

12. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

Thanks for the comment, the wheels had to be done like that because they were too big, it was either tilt them, or cut up the fender to make it sit lower, so id rather tilt them :) 

13. MASON2345

MASON2345 Well-Known Member

I will admit I'm bias towards Nissan, and the blue silvia is SICK lookin! just needs some suspension tweeks to straighten those wheels out!

14. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

Weeeell...vote up!!! i need the votes to catch up ;)