Plastic brackets for posing flying/jumping figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jpizzow, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jpizzow

jpizzow Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly sure what these are called but I'm even more clueless on where it is one buys these brackets. I've got ideas for displays of some TF's flying or jumping through the air so a few of these would be handy. Anyone know where to purchase these?

2. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Well-Known Member

There's some different types listed here:

Gundam: Imported Action Figures Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

This might work for you:

Tamashii Stand Support Stage ACT 5 for Mechanics - Clear - Gundam: Imported Action Figures Stands & Accessories

It's a pack of three for $16.

They've also got light up ones, mirrored ones, different colored ones... etc.

Searching a store like HobbyLink Japan for Gundam stands will get you an even wider variety - they're typically associated with Gundam models, it seems.

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I think you should google acrylic flight stand. Those are fantastic and work better with figures other then Gundam.

iDD

4. jpizzow

jpizzow Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. It's a bit surprising to me that with all the articulation featured in many 3rd party figures, that some 3rd party company has not designed any sort of stand yet. It would really go a long way in diversifying the action scene in one's display, i.e. bots jumping, kicking or flying.

5. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Well-Known Member

Well, they really don't have to make their own. The ones that are out there work really well.

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I'm pretty sure that the ones in use by Fansproject in their pictures are clear gundam stands. If they haven't, I know I've seen them in lots of pictures posted in the various "cool stuff" threads.

I have a pack of the Stage 5 ones (the 3-pack I linked above) at home right now, and I can say that they're perfect for getting dynamic poses or just putting a flying character in the air.

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been eyeing the Tamashii Act 4 stands for a while for my Classics seekers.

Anyone have experience with those?

7. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a bunch of Obitsu flight / figure stands that work really well for deluxe / voyager sizes. Bases are not as large or obvious as the Tamashii.

8. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still need to pick some of these up.