Plans for the Prime toyline?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Prime, as a show, sort of has a small cast as it stands now. While they can make a decent amount of molds from these characters, with some characters with no announced toys remaining, Hasbro may also create non-show characters to fill out the line. If they did so, what characters would you like to see made in the Prime toyline and aesthetic? What pops to mind first for me is Bludgeon, and maybe Drift. Also the Barricade and Prowl designs from the video game. They could proceed to make a Bluestreak and Smokescreen from Prowl.

2. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I'd imagine designs from both the Tf Universe MMO and FOC could make it into the line as their all apart of the new 'aligned" continuity.

3. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Shockwave, other seekers, and COMBATICONS!!!

4. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    Shockwave... and STEVE!!!

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Well it's almost a sure thing that in addition to well known show characters, the MMO will have its own characters to guide you through things like tutorials, sort of like Bella Goth in the Sims, so I'm sure they'll try to make toys out of those characters eventually.

And Steve.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for a larger Ironhide. Preferably Voyager, but Deluxe would be ok too. I don't plan on getting much from the Cyberverse line, and I would like to see what they could do with his design at a larger scale.

I would also absolutely love to see Sky-Byte make it into at least the toy-line, if not the show too (and FoC game & toys, lol...). If it made him more likely to happen, I would be fine with him being a repaint/retool of Skyquake. I dig a quick digi of it, and it would work decently well (can be seen in my sig). Though if possible, a mold of his own would be great. Most especially if it was a Voyager, and retained his mechanical shark alt-mode.

I'd like to see a Deluxe class Chase figure made (the bot from that new Rescue Bots line). Would be nice to see this character integrated into other parts of the Transformers franchise.

A stealth themed Bumblebee repaint is also something I would like to see. I know most people would moan over the fact it's yet another bumblebee, but I would love to see how the Prime toy would look in the black w/yellow stripes paint-job.

I would also be interested in seeing a Soundblaster themed repaint of Soundwave. His mold looks good in his show-accurate blue as it is, but I can imagine it looking pretty cool in a black & red deco.

Also, add to that a light gray/white & blue repaint of Soundwave. Simultaneously reference SG Soundwave and make his alt-mode look like it's real-life inspiration.

The FoC toys that shadow has mentioned are apparently falling under the Generations banner like the WFC ones did. Which makes sense, as even though they are in the same continuity as Prime, the aesthetics are really different. As for MMO, I could see some of those getting made in the TFP line (same aesthetic).

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice suggestions...

but aren't we supposed to discuss all toy lines in the Toy Forum even tho it started with TFP wants??

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd imagine Prime, Universe and WFC/FOC would all be sold under the Prime toyline as an efficient means of cross marketing.

Also, Steve.

10. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    I don't think so, i believe the FoC figures (if there are any) to come out in Generations, just because of the aesthetic.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Yeah the aesthetic is too different for them to be in the same line. I believe Hasbro will keep them separate.

As for the Prime toyline itself, I believe we'll go the route of Beast Wars and the Movie, both of which had a very small cast, and that is getting a lot of non-show characters. If Hasbro's intent on keeping their trademarks going on and maintaining certain characters' brands, I believe we'll be getting some big name characters from TFA and TFM - most likely Prowl, Jazz, Blitzwing, Lugnut, Ultra Magnus and even Sentinel Prime.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    What are you all talking about? The Prime toyline doesn't need any padding for the line. Take a look at the roster:

1. Optimus Prime
    2. Bulkhead
    3. Ratchet
    4. Arcee
    5. Bumblebee
    6. Cliffjumper
    7. Wheeljack
    8. Megatron
    9. Starscream
    10. Soundwave
    11. Knock Out
    12. Breakdown
    13. Airachnid
    14. Skyquake
    15. Vehicon Car
    16. Vehicon Air
    17. Vehicon Miner
    18. Unicron

Okay, that's eighteen characters/body types. Characters # 1, 5, 6, and 9 are known to be getting at least two molds, with #8 being a likely candidate as well. Granted, we haven't yet had confirmed toys for 12, 13, 16, 17, or 18, but I think they're pretty inevitable. In short, Hasbro has at least 23 molds to milk from season 1 alone. And what was that they said about new characters in season 2? Oh yeah, at Botcon they essentially said the cast is going to double because they have a bigger budget and a lot of the technical kinks worked out. Thus, 40+ molds. All from in-show characters.

Let's compare with Animated: about 33 molds for the whole 3-season line (granted, with an episode count equivalent to a season and a half of Prime, but the general point stands. 3/4 of the molds from 3/4 of the episode count). Prime doesn't need toy-only characters to fill the line any more than the previous series did.

And this isn't even accounting for repaints *cough* Tailgate *cough*...

13. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would be a bit of a waste if they relegate the FOC to Generations, given that line is largely aimed at adults whereas the Prime toyline would have greater kid appeal whilst still attracting the same adult fans.

It would also be a good cross marketing opportunity for Hasbro if they use the toyline as a means to push the FOC game (which seems very much targeted towards the G1 generation) to the younger crowd.

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

What Wheeljack Prime said.

Otherwise this thread is just liek every other wish-list thread - everyone just lists their favourite characters and very few people bother to read each others posts.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Prowl and Barricade are the likely canidates for later waves in the TFP toyline so far but I'm prepared for any surprises all the same. But it would be awsome that if we don't get all the Dinobots from FOC at least we might get them in the TFP line!!! Shockwave would be awsome too!

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With talk about a 4th and possible 5th live action movie I've got a rather bad feeling that like so many other Transformers lines that the Transformers Prime toy line will get put on hold for movie related toys.

If Transformers Prime keeps introducing more characters each season then it's going to to make it hard for a Transformers Prime toy line to keep up with the show characters if the line gets put on hold too often.

17. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm sure Hasbro wants to focus on the Prime countinuity first before making plans for anymore Transformers movies. I mean why go through all the trouble of trying to make a solid and strong countinuity if you then just chuck it away for more movie toys? I mean Hasbro's a company sure but I doubt they'll want to make the same mistake like with the Animated toyline going crash coarse with the ROTF line. Maybe they'll not introduce many characters in season 2 and let's not forget about the budget to animate new characters so we may not get as many toys for them for a while.

20. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    You know, I hope they have for the Transformers Universe MMO something like a "create your own toy" thing for it. Like how most characters would have a general similar partscheme to create a viable alt-mode with different heads, molding for the vehicle mode, and colors for both modes. Albeit, that would cost a pretty penny, it would still be awesome to see.

Also, I want to see all the dinobots from FOC and at least a Voyager Megatron from TFP even though the Deluxe looks spot on, I think it would be better in scale.