Planning on picking up Leader Prime today (hopefully)...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jun 15, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Can't wait, I mean he really does look to be one of the single best figures in the line.

What's the general consensus on him? I've never been big on the whole lights and sounds gimmick thing (or gimmicks in general, though automorph has grown on me), or really the larger transformers (voyager being my personal favorite size class).

So yeah..also, is there any diecast on him? I know his shell or whatever is plastic but is there metal on him (not counting screws and what not)?

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    No metal barring pins, screws, and electronics wires. He's still quite hefty and an extremely nice fig. The lights and sounds are fairly unobtrusive and if you absolutely hate them, easily removed by taking out his batteries (which will, in fact, make him slightly less backheavy in bot mode as well).

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The feet automorph is awesome. There are 3 automorphs in all: 2 in the feet, 1 inthe chest, and a 4th if you count the sliding blaster. I think the chest/windshields are diecast, as well as the body. If you don't like the nipple lights, you can take out the batteries in the smokestacks.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I plan on getting him too, and I would have by now, but the only two that I've seen so far had the crap beat out of them.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

What do you mean?

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The two that my local Walmart had, literaly had the crap beat out of them. The boxes were extremely smashed in, to the point where it was basically wrapping paper around Prime. I could also tell that there was some damage done to the actual toy, because neither one of their automorph gimmics worked properly when I tested them.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    nope.

8. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

It's a superb figure. One of my very most favorite TF's of all time. Also the most complicated one where I don't find transforming him tedious at all.

9. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I love Leader Prime. I have 6 of the movie toys so far including prime (all the Voyagers, Prime and Japanese Bumblebee) and I would say Prime is the best of that group. He's lots of fun and his automorph is among the simplest and most effective. He looks great in both modes and he's just a great toy.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yep, perfect figure and tied with Leader Megs and Deluxe Bumblebee as my all-time favorite. I also think it's funny that his feul tanks hold the batteries, which are power for his electronics.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Leader Prime is definitely my fav of the movie toys thus far.

12. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Yep. I love my Leader Prime. He is definatley my favorite of the movie toys.

13. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I initially didn't want to get any of the movie toys. I didn't, really. The designs didn't initially grab me. But my friends worked on me a bit, and I decided to grab Prime. After all, if I missed a Prime that was good, I'd likely regret it. That, and he has rubber tires and articulated fingers. I'm a sucker for both.

Holee cow does he rock!

The Transform is brilliant. It's complicated and challenging, but all the parts have clearance during the transformation, meaning you don't have the kind of frustration you do with, say, Alternators Grimlock. You can move everything where you need to with a minimum of difficulty.

Both modes are excellent, and he's definitely a figure pictures don't do justice. He's as 'chunky' as the pictures make him look, and is very poseable (And as long as you don't get one with loose ball joints, stable. His feet are very well designed).

The only way to improve him would have been to make the wrists rotate, or even put the hands on ball joints, and give him a ball-jointed head. But aside from that, he's an excellent figure. I only hope Leader-class Brawl is up to this standard.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Great figure. Best of the line.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Still stuck at work for another...6-ish hours or so (been her since 5-ish), hopefully I:
    a) Have enough for him
    b) Can find him

Watched a video review of him, OMFG he looks so damn amazing.

16. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Dude, you'll love him. He is my absolute favorite transformer I own. And I have 20th Prime. Yeah, you heard me: I think he's better than 20th MP Prime. He's that damn good. Hope you get him!

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hope your able to get him NGW, you'll be pleased.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is a great Prime and my favorite movie toy. I will say that his electronics are a bit loud for an office/cubicle environment... not that I would know...

19. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

Hope you find him, NGW; I just got mine today and he is as awesome as everyone has said so far. I definitely put him up there with MP01 and both the Hybrid Convoys. The only quibbles I have of this figure are that his blaster should've been painted instead of just leaving it as it is (dull gray); it doesn't add to the look in alt mode. Would've bee nice if the wheels were chromed as well.

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Bah, gonna be 15 short -_-..mom is making me give her 20

And of course I'm doing work tomorrow..only this time I get jack shit for doing it.