Planned story arcs for upcoming Ongoing issues.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bass X0, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    They're intentionally vague but here they are:

IDW Publishing Forums :: View topic - Transformers Ongoing #11: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

This takes us up until #25.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    So he's basically got the next year planned out.

Wonder what's with all these three issue arcs? Why not go 8-12 months of continuous story; does he feel the audience can't keep up?

3. Repugnus

Repugnus ActionMaster

News Credits:
    In other words, Costa has lined up about three issues worth of actual material. Ba-zing!

Oh well, it'll be worth it for shocking twists, like another combiner team combining exactly as telegraphed! Humans making small talk for multi-page stretches! Minor characters showing up only to die ignominiously! And best of all, stilted dialogue as far as the eye can read!

Wait a minute...
    :p 

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I prefer shorter story arcs like they have stated instead of long arcs over the course of 10 or 12 issues. I would probably drop the ongoing if they did that. I really wouldnt want to pick up an issue and then not get the whole storey until a year later. It's bad enough at the moment having to wait a month between issues. This is probably why I never got into comics when I was young.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer shorter arcs, but with lots of seeds planted. The Marvel Comics Transformers are still my favorites, no matter how corny things could get (Micromaster Wrestling, and Hollywood Skullgrin, I'm looking at you). I dropped the IDW comics after Furman got booted and AHM pretty much started over... I loved the cast the way it was.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Shorter arcs are better for casual readers. They're more likely to pick up part 1 of a story than part 6 of 12, especially with things the way they are right now.

Sounds interesting at any rate.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    So he'll be there another year? I'll duck back into my back issue boxes then.

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not just this but comics are pretty much made for Trades these days, so 2 3issue arcs will fit nicely in a trade.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    What's with the pic of Drift and Lockdown, what's it from? That is just awesome. And does this mean Lockdown is in the same continuity now as Drift, not Animated or Movieverse?

10. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Lockdown become part of the IDW/G1-verse in Drift #2

I hope issues 13+ of Ongoing pick up the pace. The last few have been very slow-moving and human-centric. Kind of annoying when there's a long wait between issues anyway.

11. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I don't see the short issue arc as bad... everyone complained about AHM being too long for the amount of story. I actually like the on-going and think Costa is doing a good job.

12. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really wish that the Ongoing would pick up the pace also. It seems like the Ongoing has suffered from lack of story from the onset. Then we had that abysmal 4 parter Bumblebee story that honestly could have been told in a one shot, if it needed to be told at all. To me that story was so bad and so poorly thought out that I literally shredded the issues and handed them back to one of the IDW guys at Botcon. Furthermore the art in that series was horrendous.

I will admit the idea of the Autobots on Earth while the Decepticons are in hiding, seemed intriguing at first...but then it has now progressed for so many issues I am completely bored with the story arc. most of the past 4-6 issues could have been summed up in 2 or 3. Nothing epic has happened since, idk, Megatrons head being blasted open. Yeah that was like a year ago.

I am dying for IDW to wow me again. Don't even get me started on their lack luster-I dont give a fxck-why are we even here presentation at Botcon. Pathetic.

Honest to God, if it wasn't for stories like Last Stand of the Wreckers, Ironhide and so far Drift. I would stop collecting IDW comics all together.

I hope they read these forums too, because their attitude towards the fans as of late is, and I quote, "Can't please everybody". Nice IDW, really nice!

13. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

Drift and Lockdown?
    I don't read the comics, but I'd read them for that!

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's the cover to issue 3 of the Drift miniseries. I was trying to find a picture from an upcoming issue where
    Starscream is fighting Hot Rod
    but couldn't find it, so just went with one of my favourite covers from the recent issues.

I'm hoping that when this Revenge of the Decepticons arc hits we'll see a shake-up in the status quo and get Megatron back in the picture, get the Decepticons back to being a major threat rather than just random pockets of resistance.

15. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

You answered your own question. AHM was proof of that.