Planet X PX-C01 Ismenios

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 21, 2018.

1. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Nice and clear, you don't see this enough

Ah, so they're skipping the chain and making it a straight mace (which the toy had). MMC is making the chain useful so it's a proper flail (which the toy implied). Pick you're poison.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Enfin

Enfin Destron

This add-on kit looks good. Can't wait to see the bot in full colour with this kit on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Looks pretty great, especially in dragon mode. I'm still gonna wait to see reviews of the MMC version before pulling the trigger but Planet X did a fantastic job here regardless of how that one turns out.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Damn it, I think I'll end up getting this one, its upgrade kit, and both MMC versions. Each version has something I like.

• Like Like x 6
  5. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    oh man 4 figures :bowdown: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    We’ve all waited 30 years for more Deszaras figures so I’m buying everything, as well.

• Like Like x 4
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    TCP (through their calendar) is saying that this figure will be arriving next week.

8. xcorpeo

xcorpeo Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't know if this has been answered/addressed before, but do the alt mode feet on the back of forearms bother anyone, or is accurate to any source? They seem to protrude rather incoherently. That's my only bugbear with Ismenios. MMC's sculpt just looks disproportionate in all modes (tiny head and giant hands in bot mode, fat body and tiny head in alt mode).
    The PX add-ons really give good display options too. And the gold paints looks glorious.

9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I don't think the alt mode feet is accurate to any source. Are they somewhat of an eye sore? Sure, but it doesn't bother me enough.

10. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    THIS is the shot that sold me on getting this guy (well, that and the blue energy inserts for the wings), though who am I kidding? I'll end up with both MMC versions as well.

They bothered @Sun Of The Empire: Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 2.43.04 AM.png

I kind of like those for their super-robot-esqueness, though that is more of a plus for me for D-Zef Continuum version (I LOVE how it's a Gigan cousin in dragon mode) than IDW.

I do adore how spikey D-Zef is, tho. It's interesting how different the two takes on IDW Dez turned out.

I'll probably pick up the add-on set for Ismenious anyway, but I think D-Zef Continuum has the G1 spot on my shelf sewn up.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Yeah, the claws hanging off the robot mode forearms is one thing that spoils the design for me, along with the whacking great hole in his chest when the Breastforce creature isn’t plugged in.

12. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This made my decision easier of which one to get. I still will probably like the MMC version better but that's over a year away (probably) and can't wait that long!! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

That's my one issue. I'd be fine with a separate piece, just the notion the robot can be separate from his chest buddies by choice.

• Like Like x 2
  14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    A leader class Deathsaurus would've been a great addition to the PotP line or Siege's... But oh well more Leaders class OP's instead so that 3rd party can continue eating Hasbro's lunch regarding what could've been.

Continue feasting 3rd Party..... They look great!

• Like Like x 4
  15. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Considering we got characters from Headmasters, Victory and even Zone represented on the Hasbro lines I’d say Hasbro did quite well appeasing the fandom by literally giving us a variety of characters we wanted, much to our surprise a few times.

Could we have gotten Deathsaurus, Road Caesar or even Monstructor? Sure!!
    But they’re certainly not done, and I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they visit those seeing as how they still haven’t put out the Autobot Targetmasters.
    So hang on. I’m sure there’s more to come.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I sure hope so.
    We got lots of 84 characters in those Hasbro lines to appease the 84 addicts as well.
    Not sure why we have to hang on while almost every toyline and fiction is turned so 84 centric at the same time when history shows it is perfectly possible to have a more balanced mix.
    The irony is that there is hardly any chug being made anymore by 3p, so we have little choice but to hang on.
    At least the future is hopefull where it concerns legends scaled BW toys :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I the only person that thinks this should be included with the other release or available as an alternate version instead of costing extra as an upgrade kit???

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    It would still cost extra, and some people that want just a idw deathsaurus would be forced to pay for an included upgrade they don’t necessarily want

• Like Like x 1
  19. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm guessing this was an afterthought and they realized they'd lose the battle with MMC's Victory-based version. But then again, they did this pretty fast. I'd prefer just the Victory version and maybe they'll do it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

Deathsaurus was actually rumored a couple years ago. I'm convinced he was meant to be a wave 4 or 5 heavy retool of Voyager Grimlock. Plans undoubtedly changed when the line was foreshortened - that same move also cost us Piranacon, Monstructor, and Dinoking. Star Saber too - Optimal Optimus was clearly a pre-tool of him. But we appear to be at least getting a complete Elita Inf1nite thanks to the Select Series, so there's still hope some of this may show up later down the line.

• Like Like x 2