Planet X PX-11 Apocalypse (WFC Trypticon)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jul 16, 2016.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    People are just so petty.

Apocalypse is a really great interpretation of the character.

TR Trypticon is just a blown up G1 Trypticon, with the same overly simplistic transformation. :p 

Sure blah blah blah size blah blah but Apocalypse was the ooo and aww for fans until TR Trypticon was announced.

Honestly, they are both great, and both have their flaws.

Neither is better than the other. they are both completely different toys made for different lines etc.

• Like Like x 4
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is arguing with you about GenMetro or TR Trypticon or TR Fort Max. Compared to Apocalypse those are a POS. That is a false choice. I think the main point is as great as Apocalypse is we need an option for ones like these that can satisfy MP scale. Planet X is designing, as they should, for their own line. As an MP collector, I just can't stand it next to FT Phoenix and have it be believable. I think FT Terminus Giganticus tells you where the citybots need to be.

As to the price, this is effectively like a combiner. If it was at MP scale, the price is not an issue with this complexity. I may have two Megatrons but I am not going to buy two $400 Trypticons is the point. I have to make a choice. The example was Genesis vs Terminus Giganticus. TR Trypticon vs Apocalypse is not the choice or GenMetro vs Apocalypse. For $400 I have to get what I want and be completely happy to justify it. It's not a placeholder. Everyone that has Apocalypse should enjoy it. It looks like a great figure. This isn't about devaluing your opinion of the figure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I was getting ready to make this purchase and then the FT Omega Supreme reviews rolled in and now I don't know how I justify paying about the same price for those two. Unfortunately, it's going to have to come down in price for me to get this. I just wouldn't feel good about the purchase. I already feel retroactively kind of bad about my Genesis purchase and I LOVE Genesis.

4. GAUGE

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    well, let's see....

Obviously Parts count is the factor for both their prices. also Planet X is far smaller and hasn't produced as much as Faaaaaaaannnnns Toooooooooooys. and then there's the fact Apocalypse actually Transforms into not 1 but 3 things.

5. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fail to see the relevance. Even if Apocalypse was taller, he doesn't fit with the MP aesthetic at all. Don't get me wrong, anyone is more than welcome to put whatever they want as part of their collection. But speaking on a strictly MP collector's term, PX's Apocalyse will never be it even if he was 30th Gen. Metroplex's height.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a Cybertronian Trypticon, Apocalypse is the only game in town. We're lucky to have him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SmokePants

I'm not trying to accuse of PX of overcharging. I'm just stating the unfortunate reality of the situation. The Apocalypse price is hard to swallow in the presence of the Terminus Giganticus price. Let's face it, P-X was never the best valur for dollar in town. Now with all these crazy price wars in the 3rd Party MP market, the disparity has only grown.

I still imagine I'll be getting Apocalypse in some Black Friday sale (if it goes below $300). But if it doesn't happen, so be it.

8. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, Terminus Giganticus is a relatively simple figure, with virtually 100% parts-forming. Nostalgia and size are its strong points.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GAUGE

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    you must have forgotten FansToys original price before dx9 omega announced their price. (It was actually higher than Apocalypse)

Also, let's not forget that Apocalypse came out long before Terminus Giganticus.

many facts determine cost. let's not open this can of worms that's been beaten to death already. :p 

10. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Has anyone tried to change the batteries in the LED units? I had a half-arsed attempt at pulling one apart a few weeks ago and it looked like it'd most likely destroy the wiring in the process. I'm just wondering what I'm going to do in a few years when either the batteries go flat or start to leak.

11. SmokePants

How many times do I have to say I'm not trying to price shame Planet X? I never said there weren't reasons for the prices being near-identical. And yes I do know that Terminus was higher-priced before DX9 announced their version. My only point is that from where I sit in the summer of 2017, with my wallet out, it's very hard for me to go in the direction of Apocalypse vs other ways I could allocate that money. That's it. And that shouldn't be hard to understand. The reasons for the price points are irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GAUGE

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Plus there's the fact Hasbro's Trypticon is cheaper so folks will def be more inclined to get that instead which is valid considering that's the Trypticon most are familiar with anyway. :)  Terminus and Constructor has changed the game, now everybody seems to be making things bigger while keeping price points fair. We live in great times atm. :)  even KO Companies are starting to produce really superb quality stuff at half the price. I'm honestly blown away at just how many options we all have atm. Hopefully it stays this way for awhile.

Also, apologies. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was invalidating your points. both of us were just sharing good points. :) 

13. chonosmoon

chonosmoon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    FT omega supreme is just a large parts former with nothing special engineering or design wise. its pretty basic. maybe masterpiece scaled but its not a masterpiece when compared to the designs and engineering of most official mp figures.

Hasbro is for children, come on guys why even compare.

14. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apocalypse sold out at BBTS,

• Like Like x 1
  15. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

This guy will surely have a reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, and maybe you think any combiner does parts-forming is also a problem?
    G1 Omega Supreme in cartoon and in toys are both parts-forming, in fact Omega Supreme should get a title: HASBRO CERTIFIED PARTS-FORMING EXPERT.

17. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a strict G1 fan, I'm even less of a MP fan. But I truly do not agree with this statement. Granted, Hasbro does tend to cater to kids more often than not. But Hasbro MP was definitely not designed for children in mind. Credit where it's due, folks.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Jeez, I can't figure out how this guy is supposed to be oriented to get his top half back into his box.

Are there any shots of him still in package so I can see how he's supposed to go?

19. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

its arms/boosters need to be mistransformed from alt mode.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I definitely have them mistransformed. :lol