Planet X PX-11 Apocalypse (WFC Trypticon)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jul 16, 2016.

1. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to accuse of PX of overcharging. I'm just stating the unfortunate reality of the situation. The Apocalypse price is hard to swallow in the presence of the Terminus Giganticus price. Let's face it, P-X was never the best valur for dollar in town. Now with all these crazy price wars in the 3rd Party MP market, the disparity has only grown.

I still imagine I'll be getting Apocalypse in some Black Friday sale (if it goes below $300). But if it doesn't happen, so be it.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    you must have forgotten FansToys original price before dx9 omega announced their price. (It was actually higher than Apocalypse)

Also, let's not forget that Apocalypse came out long before Terminus Giganticus.

many facts determine cost. let's not open this can of worms that's been beaten to death already. :p 

3. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Has anyone tried to change the batteries in the LED units? I had a half-arsed attempt at pulling one apart a few weeks ago and it looked like it'd most likely destroy the wiring in the process. I'm just wondering what I'm going to do in a few years when either the batteries go flat or start to leak.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

How many times do I have to say I'm not trying to price shame Planet X? I never said there weren't reasons for the prices being near-identical. And yes I do know that Terminus was higher-priced before DX9 announced their version. My only point is that from where I sit in the summer of 2017, with my wallet out, it's very hard for me to go in the direction of Apocalypse vs other ways I could allocate that money. That's it. And that shouldn't be hard to understand. The reasons for the price points are irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Plus there's the fact Hasbro's Trypticon is cheaper so folks will def be more inclined to get that instead which is valid considering that's the Trypticon most are familiar with anyway. :)  Terminus and Constructor has changed the game, now everybody seems to be making things bigger while keeping price points fair. We live in great times atm. :)  even KO Companies are starting to produce really superb quality stuff at half the price. I'm honestly blown away at just how many options we all have atm. Hopefully it stays this way for awhile.

Also, apologies. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was invalidating your points. both of us were just sharing good points. :) 

6. chonosmoon

chonosmoon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    FT omega supreme is just a large parts former with nothing special engineering or design wise. its pretty basic. maybe masterpiece scaled but its not a masterpiece when compared to the designs and engineering of most official mp figures.

Hasbro is for children, come on guys why even compare.

7. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

This guy will surely have a reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, and maybe you think any combiner does parts-forming is also a problem?
    G1 Omega Supreme in cartoon and in toys are both parts-forming, in fact Omega Supreme should get a title: HASBRO CERTIFIED PARTS-FORMING EXPERT.

9. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a strict G1 fan, I'm even less of a MP fan. But I truly do not agree with this statement. Granted, Hasbro does tend to cater to kids more often than not. But Hasbro MP was definitely not designed for children in mind. Credit where it's due, folks.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jeez, I can't figure out how this guy is supposed to be oriented to get his top half back into his box.

Are there any shots of him still in package so I can see how he's supposed to go?

11. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

its arms/boosters need to be mistransformed from alt mode.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely have them mistransformed. :lol 

13. briag45

briag45 Well-Known Member

So the top of the right hand of mine just broke off sitting on the shelf. I looked at it and the piece that broke is a thin grey plastic rectangle with a piece that connects to a spring on the inner hand. It reminds me of mp-09 rodimus shoulders all over again. Wonder if planet x would send me a replacement piece. Either that, or I could try to make one from wood. I can't figure out why there is a spring. The piece seems to be needed to rotate the top of the hand, not pull it out or put tension on it.

14. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

Still loving this guy!!! No complaints or regrets. What an awesome well done figure! :D :D :D 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Huh, thought it was just a custom. Does this mean they're doing a battle damaged Sentinel too? And if yes, why not Omega Supreme?

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    That's a horrible choice. Sentinel as is didn't even sell well. Is this just leftover stock they gave a weathered paintjob and repackaged? :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer this over the original

• Like Like x 1
  18. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    PreOrder up for the battle damaged version ar BBTS for $349.99. They also took down the sold out listings for the regular version.

I think this guy and Gammadim look great, but I already have Genesis and the regular Apocalypse.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I agree, on the other hand once you get "metallic" and "battle worn" versions, they stand out like a sore thumb with the rest of your Planet X shelf. I appreciate Planet X is munging its molds as much as possible, but I would REALLY like them to move on and give us a FOC Jazz...

• Like Like x 3
  20. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Hahah. I remember seeing this at the con and thinking "Why'd someone go to all the trouble of a custom paint job and not put a Decepticon insignia on it?". I thought it was a custom job, not a variant.

This is very tempting. I think the paint job (which pretty much completely obscures the original's purple tint in person) makes it a better representation of Trypticon in the game, but as @rikkomba said, it'll stick out with figures that aren't painted like it.

Have they completely stopped producing the original? I wonder if this variant has the fingers fixed so that they close better in Nemesis mode.

• Like Like x 1