Planet X PX-11 Apocalypse (WFC Trypticon)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I just sent them a message to find out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

Selling mine. After having the entire thing for a little more than a week I'm just not happy with him. Clearly lots of other people are. Going to sell him for $300 shipped. Has 17 LEDs since they sent me extra apparently.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Damn, I wish I had waited now. :lol 

Seriously though, sorry you don't like him bud, and to be honest I STILL have no idea where mine will be going since I have no room for him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bainreese

Eh, I came to a place in my collecting a couple of years back where I don't need to have a figure on my shelf if I don't like him. There was a time, like others, where having something to wow people or being complete about a certain line was something that would guide my purchasing decisions. But not anymore. I actually bought this guy on impulse when the first half released. I should have stuck with my original gut feeling on him.

It shouldn't sadden you. I don't like the figure. I'm not sad. For roughly $100(with shipping) I got to handle and transform it and figured out I didn't like it. $100 to me is nothing. It was an hour's entertainment. Now I'm selling it off because I don't like it enough to keep it and I get my $300 back to spend on something else and someone else gets a chance to appreciate it like you do at $100 less than they'd have paid for it somewhere else. It's a win win.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

People can like, dislike, and change their minds all they want. What I am more interested in hearing about is what made you ultimately realize you didn't like owning this figure. Did you maybe think it would have a quality that some figures do where you would like it more in hand than you felt you would from pics? What turned you off it? Just curious.

I can honestly say that I personally spent a lot of time looking at photos of the final figure's pics to try and identify if it was going to let me down anywhere, and there were things I noticed that I still feel are a bit lackluster. One of those things is that I kind of wish the yellow popped a bit more... I would have sacrificed the translucent effect for some glossy, metal-flake yellow like on FT Lupus. The figure also has a bit of a narrow range of colours / paint, though that was something I underestimated as, in hand, the paint apps where applied are gorgeous, and there is a fair bit of grey and silver in areas that would have definitely suffered had it been unpainted, so checkboxes ticked there despite my early worries. Finally, we all know the somewhat unfinished areas of the figure, but to me they are easily forgiveable due to the other amazing things this figure does for me. I always knew the tail would not have any side to side action, gleaned from even the earliest real figure photos...
    Actually having the figure, he does so much for me that took me by surprise.

I would never give this figure up unless there really was another Trypticon or beast to ship transformer that somehow also beats PX's in the many other areas that this figure excels in.
    Maybe this isn't the same feeling for other collectors out there, but having this Trypticon in my collection makes it all seem so much more substantial. It also gives all my Decepticon figures a sort of HQ / Base / ultimate fall back weapon, and makes all of them seem that much more meaningful and cohesive within the collection.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    this comes in tomorrow and I'm actually intimidated to shoot it. It's crazy. I feel like it's another one of those ones that's going to make me scoff at other 3PTFs for a while.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

And you wonder why people speak bad about you...

• Like Like x 1
  8. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd take it but there's no way I'm paying to have this bitch shipped all the way from the US lol

I mean I don't have the toy yet and I can tell you it coulda been better. Nix the unecessary LEDs, give him like, spreadable fingers like Pandinus, maybe integrate those missing chest details that were in the game. Also its like they couldnt make the toy bigger, so they just made his head bigger a bit

• Like Like x 1
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Replacing all the semi-worthless (IMHO) "have to remove them entirely to turn them off" LED's, with a single normal on-off yellow LED for the eyes, would have been a big improvement.

• Like Like x 4
  10. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Is it still available? If so, can you post a pic of his nose, showing that it has the screw cover in it on his left? The last time you posted pics it looked like it was missing.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. cabutler

cabutler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I didn't pre-order this but purchased it from Toy Dojo, as they tend to be pretty good about these things.

Apparently they had extra sets of the LEDs that were pre-order bonuses and sent me a set. Seriously, what nice guys. I need to do more business with them.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I suppose somebody could always make a new head for it with pre-installed Orange LED?

Only way I could see it working well though is if they removed the head and mouth cannons, unless of course they went with orange translucent plastic for them so they'd look good lit up as well?

I don't use any of the Purple LEDs either tbh. but it's nice to know I can if I so choose. but yeah, not having any light up feature on the head is a shame.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  13. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

I look at the lights as a bonus. Put them on to take some photos and leave them off for display. I am glad they included them. It would be nice to have glowing eyes and mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    There's plenty of room in the head for SMD eye LED's. The battery would be far larger than any other component. But something small like a 348 should do.

15. Bainreese

I wouldnt waste your breath. He is a Planet -X sycophant who thinks your dissatisfaction with a figure somehow equates to telling him he shouldn't like it. I'm kinda done with him.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Bainreese

Effort to come in here and crap on a figure? I've been participating in this thread since long before the figures release and was just as excited to get it as anyone else. The figure didn't meet the expectations I had when comparing its fit and finish to other Planet X WfC and FoC figures I have and I came here to share that as anyone else would.

Yes, I don't believe the figure is worth its price tag. That's a value statement I'm making on my like or dislike of the figure. I'm entitled to it. I've never said I'm rich. I said I was in a higher income bracket that allowed me to enjoy nice things and that pricing wasn't an issue. Just because I CAN buy something expensive doesn't mean those things have no value to me or that I keep money wrapped up in a thing I'm unhappy with. I don't buy stuff and keep it that I don't like. If I find I don't like it I sell it so I can have something else. And yes...$100 was not something I worry about as most people blow that on a night of entertainment. So taking a $100 loss on a figure as opposed to keeping it and having an addition $300 wrapped up on a shelf in a figure I don't like is a no-brainer to me.

And as for all the rest of your retarded rant....I'm posting my previous posts on the figure below so that others can judge for themselves should they find any value in this retarded exchange.

People are going to come to different conclusions about figures you like and these threads are here so we can discuss what we like AND what we dislike. If you can't handle people disliking something you like I suggest you find a different place to express yourself. Nobody crapped all over your hobby. The fact that you translate my issues with this figure as 'crapping all over your hobby' is mildly disturbing.

Enjoy your figure. I'm glad you like it. I'm selling mine because I don't. Deal with it.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    @dxp, man you gotta learn to accept that not everyone feels that every Planet X figure is the best thing since pizza was made (mmmmmmm, pizza:drool: ), and they certainly have the right to express it. Heck, while I personally think these guys are great, I by no means think they're the best toys ever made, and that everyone should love them no matter what, and I certainly won't call someone a hater even if I personally can't understand what they don't like about a figure I love.

So take a deep breath and relax man, we're all friends here. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Typical reply from someone that doesn't respect other peoples opinions. As much as I come here to enjoy the pictures and release information, I spend the ridiculous amount of time I do here because I value the interaction between other members and I LEARN from them, especially in cases where people have a different opinion than mine. That knowledge comes from the combined, vastly different experiences that we all share. If that holds no value to you, why are you wasting your time here?

• Like Like x 1
  19. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

I got around to applying my stickers today. After considering a couple different options I have from them, I decided to go with ToyHax's Holo Glow stickers.

DSC_0750-picsay.JPG

I was going to put one of their silver outline symbols inverted, inside the chest light, but for as rare as I'll have a light in the Holo Glow makes more sense.

I'm a little perplexed as to what stickers Planet X had in mind when they designed the chest area because nothing I have from ToyHax fits it as perfectly as one would like (and I've got like 5 different kinds of Con stickers from them here). With it being WFC, and ToyHax being the only company I know that sells stickers in that style, I would think that PX would've designed that piece with consumers' convenience in mind, but alas.

I also put a large one in the middle of the long yellow strip on his backpack, but forgot to get a pic before putting him back in place.

These stickers work really well because they are translucent and allow light to pass through from the LED in the chest, but their die-cut edges are not very precise. I had to use an X-acto knife to even out the black border on all of them.

I'm just passing this info on for anyone looking for stickers for theirs.

• Like Like x 7
  20. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they wanted people just use black outline ones, or it was just an after thought.
    But hey Reprolabels will probably make a set specifically for this guy anyway.

I gotta say though this toy is the bane of my existence currently, no matter the issues i have with it, i can't pass a WFC Trypticon
    I was gonna get both him and the Titans release, but instead i'm thinking get a Maketoys Utopia to fight Titans Tryp.

idk im thinking out loud.