Planet X PX-11 Apocalypse (WFC Trypticon)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jul 16, 2016.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    The Starscream he is pictured with is 7" tall, so I'm estimating that he is 15" or 16" at the tip of the two spikes behind his head. The display space I have for him is 18" tall, so I'm happy.

Also, there had been concerns a while back about him having flat feet. In the photo from the rear you can see his feet are articulated and posed more appropriately.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. chris92010

chris92010 Active Member

Ebay:
    This is where I think we have been let down....
    They said due to the size and cost, to make things easier he's coming in 2 parts.....I fail to see why they did this. Throughout they have declined or ignored the masses of requests for measurements of size of the figure and I think I'm starting to see why. In the game we see the ship Andy station with no city mode so if they kept that mode out and allocated more size for this then I think this would be ideal for everyone. If a company makes a koi oversize of him then holy mother......that's guna sell like hot cakes in Iceland but I'm sure there will be plenty of bits and bobs upcoming so fingers crossed

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't see the issue; he looks about as big as Genesis was.

• Like Like x 1
  4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Looking at the picture, I think he has to be smaller than Maketoys Utopia.
    I am not expecting TR size, but as big as Utopia would have been nice.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Huh. Yeah was expecting him to be taller then Genesis at least.

No biggie though. WFC Trypticon is one hell of a bulky bot. Even if he doesn't have the height, the overall mass will still have it feel like it's worth every penny.

6. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I hope the tail is not just there for show i.e. it's static.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    not impressed at all. I gotta say was honestly hoping he was going to be almost as big as FT's omega supreme. especially at the price both halves are in total cost.

Oh well money saved.

I'm sure other companies are hard at work on their on Versions of the MechaGodzilla.

9. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    In one of the other modes it is straightened out, so it does have some articulation.
    13661924_1081742665226215_5800314341806787210_o.jpg

10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    That tail really deserves a bigger figure. It's a good thing there are Legends figures that can go with this. Perhaps Planet X should also get into the Legends scale figures.

11. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    1. I think the figure is far too along to change anything. But they do need to increase the size for 360. He needs to be bigger than GENESIS by a bit!END OF DISCUSSION LOL
    2. The more I think of it the mire I doubt a company will do an oversized ko. I doubt companies will do oversized ko on any large figure. Remember tht company who was gonna os ko Utopia? They just disappeared huh? I'd love to see Ko's of Maketoys Pandinus and Apocalypse but I think it's a gamble companies are scared to take

12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That or work in conjunction with Shapeshift Inc.

As long as it is at least Genesis sized is fine with me :wink: 

People's obsession with size *smh*

• Like Like x 1
  13. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Large figures are expensive to create and I personally don't think there's a big market for them. Not everyone wants something that takes up a lot of their space or eats a big chunk of their budget.
    It'd be rad if he were three feet tall but I don't know where the hell I'd put it then, and I'm a homeowner.

14. rodney2000000

rodney2000000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    still really want this bad boy sadly still no uk pre orders up might have to bite the bullet with robot kingdom risk customs getting me this end

15. trey carter

News Credits:
    I think there's a substantial market for all transformers (obviously) and while I don't want a 3 ft apocalypse is just shy of 2 ft to much to ask.

Another thing that annoys me is their lack of customer service or consumer knowledge. The did a poll to see if people wanted Trypticon but that's it.many people on here have expressed contacting planet x about size confirmation or other questions to no avail. The reason a company like Fanstoys is so successful is because of communication, they adhere to the customers wants and needs

16. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Why? Why does this need to be out of size of the figures Planet X has produced? This isn't meant to fit in with any other company's scale/size, just theirs. Nor is PX working in conjunction with other companies to produce Apocalypse. All this needed to be was at least Genesis sized. They complied.

Though communication has a part to do with it, the reason FansToys is successful is because they're catering to a G1 fanbase, which is currently the largest Transformers related fanbase about. Planet X is covering a different, still well desired, niche.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

Yeah, they aren't trying to fill yer GeeWun Trypticon needs. It's the foil for Genesis and will look great with the rest of their figures, which is its entire point. Dudes expecting otherwise are confusing. This was never going to tango with your Titan Metroplex.

• Like Like x 1
  18. trey carter

News Credits:

You miss the entire point. It not about being in conjunction with another company it's about matching the game the character was taken from he wasn't Genesis size he dwarfed Genesis. And while a 4 fr Trypticon is not needed it would have been nice to have a 18-22" one to somewhat tower over Genesis. Which leads into communication. Many have asked about size or requested a larger apocalypse , they have neglected the lines of communication and basically said WHATEVER were gonna do wht we want. While I'm still going to pick him up because aesthetically he looks amazing, I'm a bit disappointed they aren't listening to what fans are talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    TFGenesisOmega21.jpg
    I saw this pic while my son and I were looking at Genesis reviews and wanted to share with you guys. Trypticon should go great with him, being either the same size or slightly larger, since Omega's height is in his wings:
    "Genesis stands at roughly 13.5" Inches, or 15.5" counting the highest point of his wings."
    My man, they are making this to sell. To make some money. To make the most money they need to make it appeal to as many as possible. If enormous Trypticon had been what was, erm, largely wanted, then I'm sure that's what they would've went with.

If they just wanted to make their own Trypticon, then why even sell it?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Those requests for a larger Apocalypse were to have it at TR size (or some other larger size that would put it out with PX's current figures), which wasn't going to happen. PX went with keeping it around Genesis size.

While they haven't adhered completely to the game's actual scale (honestly, they couldn't. Genesis and this would have been even more massive, thus making it much, MUCH, more expensive), they have done a great job of keeping the size of their figures to each other. Had this been smaller than Genesis, then I could see a reason to complain, but such isn't case.