Planet X (cybertron)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by grunge, Jan 27, 2012.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    when sideways was describing planet x, how it was the pinicale of technology in their universe ... did anyone else get the vibe that perhaps he PlaneX could have maybe have been the cybertron version of Nebulos? since it seems Nebulos brought about new tech to the transformers race. (Head/target/power(?) masters) and it seemed like planet master (sure different continuty but ....) was where all the new tech was coming from late in G1. it even seemed to take the place of cybertron ... sinc it was blow up in a particular continuity ...

also as a side note of interest, anyone know where i might find any unused ideas or concepts for the show? (aside from TFwiki)

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Planet X was actually meant to be the remains of Unicron, but I might be wrong.

For unused concepts, the Wiki is probably the best central repository at this time. Everything that's been posted reliably ought to be archived there by now.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Planet X:

The technological scale outnumbered Cybertron's, Speedia's, Animatros', Earth's, and Gigalonia's tech from what I got. However, Planet X was this clouded, shrouded mysterious and literal "X Factor" that never got explained, other than the fact that it was the hub of technological empires, even besting the then present day 2005-07 tech of all five planets and the homeworld of Noisemaze and Soundwave.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Isn't their a real Planet X?

I wished they explained more in the show. Too bad the show had to rap up before they could get into it more.

5. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

primus is in his planet mode [cybertron]

6. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    I was thinking Planet X was an homage....

Yeah wiki did say it was unicrons corpse.... but ... thats not in US continuity

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    While I have no idea what this thread is talking about, I can answer this question.

Planet X was a name given to a proposed but undiscovered planet in our solar system. I want to put this in the late 19th century or first half of the 20th. I could very well be wrong and that Google bar in the corner of my window is whispering to me but dag nab it, I don't need to be completely accurate.

This planet was later shown to not exist but the concept of another planet in our solar system, especially the name Planet X, has been a popular one for fiction. Look at Looney Toons. Planet X appears often.

Also in before Pluto comment.

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    Greetings my good friend, The Grammar Nazi! This post is typed with you in mind!

The Planet X I'm refering to is within the Transformers Cybertron/ Transformers Galaxy Force animated series produced by Gonzo, I believe. Planet X is a Transformer homeworld, in a sence, that exsisted within another universe parallel to the one the show takes place in. The planet was home to both Soundwave and Sideways, and had was said to the top of the line when it came to technology. My initial question, was a wonder in reguard to it having any connection, whether it being a scrapped idea or plained just a homage, to the G1 planet of Nebulos (a.k.a. Planet Master, Planet Micro, and Planet Zone.) Since it seemed Transformer Tech made a leap when Nebulos was introduced to the plot. I also wanted some information on any unused concepts for the show in general, such as unused planet ideas, scraped key designs, etc.

As for Planet X within our universe, Pluto lost its planet status beings its too small to be considered a planet. as for the mysterious tenth planet, I believe the planet follows a somewhat different orbital path than the rest of te planets in our solar system. I remembered my high school science teacher when i heard about this and wondered what he might of thought of it since he was 1 of the few teachers that made science class fun instead of a bunch of boring facts.

9. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Sideway's Planet X is Unicron's headless body in planet mode

10. The621

News Credits:
    It was never established if you're referring to Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

11. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

i'm guessing cause Armada Sideways and Cybertron Sideways are the same guy (in America)

12. The621

News Credits:
    It's confirmed by Vector Prime on the defunct Cyb. site.

Yet their mannerisms are not the same. Sideways of Armada set his agenda as a loyalist to Unicron.

Conversely, Cybertron Noisemaze was out for an age long grudge with the idea of revenge, like Soundwave.

13. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

The rings around planet X could (with some imagination) be debris of unicron's "wings"?

14. The621

News Credits:
    That's a good speculation, actually. Thinking harder, if Cybertron was legitimately the sequel to Energon/Superlink...

We could claim that the destruction of Unicron split that universe in two. The main universe went on with life going on it's normal direction. The other/Galaxy Force set in motion for the debris of Unicron to become the foundation of Planet X. And Planet X's destruction spanned into another universe that we know as Galaxy Force/Cybertron. Thus the black hole was created!

15. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    you just made someone at hasbro smile and theyre not sure why.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You know I never thought of that before.

I guess that could work with continuity. Still doesn't mean i need to watch Energon right?

17. The621

News Credits:
    Really, then?! I feel special about myself! Glad to know I did!

No. Only one episode if you follow the Cybertron/Galaxy Force scenario. And that's only the last episode.

Even then, the only episodes needed involve the pivotal point of the Energon Wars and Unicron's revivals.

18. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe you could find some on the TF artists' deviantart pages

19. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

^
    Yes, Planet X is the home of the Hypno-Toad

Short answer: No
    Long answer: Maybe

Planet X was originally a placeholder for a mysterious planet beyond Neptune that was making the orbits of Uranus & Neptune not behave as predicted. Some kept hunting for this mystery planet, notably Percival Lowell. Clyde Tombaugh at Lowell's observatory managed to find Pluto in 1930.

Despite Pluto's demotion, it was quite an amazing discovery by Tombaugh. While Pluto is among the largest KBOs (Kuiper Belt Objects), Eris larger (though its sizes has fluctuated from much larger to just barely larger), but consider this. The 1st KBO (besides Pluto) was discovered in 1992, over 60 years later with huge leaps in technology then. He found something 60 years before it became readily able to be discovered. There seems to some reconciliation going on, that despite Pluto's change in status, Tombaugh belongs with the likes of Le Verrier/Gale & Herschel (lucky he found the planet in the 18th century or else he wouldn't have heard the end of "Hey Herschel, have you found your anus/Uranus yet?").

When Pluto was found, it was thought to be 1 Earth masses (would explain the orbital anomalies) but it quickly got revised down to 1/2 if I remember correctly. Decades later, by the '70s, it was basically refined down to where its mass is now, far too tiny to be the Planet X. The Voyager 2 probe formally ended Planet X by giving a better reading on Neptune's mass. This revision removed the orbital anomalies.

It's formally an archaic myth, though there are some nagging mysteries beyond Neptune. The Kuiper Belt, a 2nd asteroid belt made up of mostly ice & rock as opposed to rock & metal, spans from about 30AU (just past Neptune's orbit) to 50AU (1AU= distance from Earth to Sun). The issue- it's called the Kuiper cliff, a sudden drop off in large objects when all indications are it should gradually fade out. Such an edge would only be produced by a 'large' planet (Mars or larger) or some kind of gap due to resonance with a large planet farther out (Asteroid Belt has gaps at resonances with Jupiter). Unusual gaps are usually tied to objects, either within (gaps in Saturn's rings are due to shepherd moons clearing the path) or from afar (Jupiter). Neptune contains the Kuiper Belt on one side, so what's up with the other side?

And then it gets weird further out. There's a Scattered Disk of very spread out objects, some getting kinda big with no rhyme or reason to it, then there's Sedna. Its discoverer has a blog, even he doesn't know what the hell it is. It has a long loooong orbit. It spans 75-900AU. Pluto is basically 30-50AU from the Sun, Jupiter 5AU, Saturn 10AU. So Sedna is far far out and orbits like a long period comet. 1 full orbit of Pluto takes 248 years, 1 full orbit of Sedna takes 11,000 years.

Yeah, it gets weird past Neptune. You can look up Varuna, Haumea for some weird dwarf planets things or whateveryacallem. Overall there's been a nagging suspicion from a bunch of people since before 1900 that something else is out there beyond Neptune from stuff based in empirical but ultimately faulty data (Planet X) to dart in the dark guesses (Nemesis) to pie in the sky nonsense (Nebiru). We have a bunch of small planetoid things out there past Neptune but some new unexplained mysteries.

And Planet X has been used in more than Looney Tunes. I believe Godzilla and some Japanese films used it. Its post prominent usage in many decades was here in Transformers: Cybertron. Maybe following the nation tradition (Uranus- Britain, Neptune- France/Germany team effort, Pluto- America or Eris- America), it should be a Japanese telescope to find Planet X.