Planet X Apollo (FOC Ultra Magnus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Jul 15, 2017.

1. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What you see an inaccurate, I see as bonus item. *shrugs*

• Like Like x 1
  2. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

Ok.Let's clear this up.I don't dislike it,ok?It's a bonus item yes.I'm not good at clearing my thoughts on forums such as these.I'm sorry if I struck a wrong chord or said something that bothers you.Whatever,let's just end it.I do like this figure,I just want to get in a little perspective of how people may see it.I DON'T DISLIKE THIS FIGURE.I never have,probably never will.Maybe it's a bit of a stretch to say I try to voice other people's perspective because well,i'm not a freaking mind reader.I don't have anything again't this figure.I swear I do try to voice what I think other's think.But I am neutral/positive.Only negative when I truly hate something and the only thing that I do hate is my existance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Don't even know why i'm trying to debate.I am the epitome of "too much time on your hands".Exams come back.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 9:10 AM
  3. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Apparently the one who struck a wrong chord was I :lol 

I'm not getting on your case (pardon if it appeared as so). I'm not chastising you for your personal opinion, that's kind of the whole point of debates online: to discuss, be them different/opposing opinions at times. I never said you disliked this figure nor did I get that impression. You just stated your opinion on the subject.

... as did I. We just happen to have different views on certain aspects regarding this fig. Debate on, man :) 

4. stormflash

:D  I didn't think you were getting on my case.I just felt a bit frustrated because I can't seem to get my actual point across including now,you still don't grasp what i'm trying to say(blame my brain for that it's still not functioning properly after exams).It's not even an opinion I believe in I just think that's what others will think so I say it.I guess that's whatt you do when you're really really extroverted and you really want to talk to people but you're at home alone.You go to forums and debate for the sake of it for no apparent reason.I am neutral with this figure,I do not judge until the final product has been show;usually.And quality outweighs appearance for me.I guess I was just brought up that way :p .

5. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    They said it themselves. Maketoys said that the price would reflect the fact that it’s a repainted Jupiter. That’s what i was referring to

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Maketoys?

7. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Um Planet X:p 

8. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Dincha'know? MakeToys is Planet X. Planet X is MakeToys. Finkle is Einhorn!

:lol 

9. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    I do believe the disconnect here is what the issue is with the hammer. It's not that it's unrealistic (as you say, in reality hammer weapons were not usually the huge things often seen in fantasy), it's that it is wrong for the representation. Magnus never used a Hammer in FoC, and if you go by Hasbro's idea that FoC Magnus is the same guy as Prime Magnus, then the hammer he did eventually wield was stupidly massive (and also sported a rounded head). So while the hammer here is realistic for, say, a medieval soldier, it's incorrect for Aligned/FoC/Prime Ultra Magnus to have such a hammer. I'd be like if Jupiter came with a hatchet instead of his massive axe.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I just see the hammer as a small nod to Animated and it's not like you need to have the hammer displayed with him. You can just leave it off and it wouldn't change anything/

11. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the WFC/FOC games, isn't Magnus just a character to choose in multiplayer? As in, he doesn't appear at all in storymode? So would that make him almost non-canonical anyway?

• Like Like x 2
  12. stormflash

I see right my bad.My knees are hurting from jumping to conclusions

13. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It’s all good

14. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    But Animated Magnus also wielded a bigass two-handed hammer. Heck, the hammer used in Prime was basically just a rounder, different colored version of that one. That's how you do an homage, not this. There's no version of Magnus, that I'm aware of, that wields this sort of Mjolnir-like single-handed hammer. It's always a long-handled (practically, if not actually, a pole arm), two-handed, massive hammer. It just seems like a very odd choice.

And, based on the pictures, the hammer forms part of the alt mode shell. So you probably can't just leave it in the box if you're the sort to transform your Transformers.

No? He's not in the FoC campaign, but in addition to being in that game's multiplayer, he was also in the DS WfC game. And as a character Hasbro insists that WfC and FoC are a sort of prequel to Prime (and, by extension RiD), so Magnus is certainly canonical to that universe. You could maybe argue that his FoC design is sort of, less, canonical, I guess. But... why?

15. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it. I will pre-order multiple.

16. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Exo, no longer can anyone claim the Aligned Continuity. As of 2015, the concept was done away with (source: Aligned continuity family - Transformers Wiki. scroll down to "Clashing Visions"). FoC/WfC and TF: Prime/RiD2015 are not related to each other (and thank Primus, cause it was just silly to begin with).

Concerning the smith's hammer. Every character in FoC/WfC got a melee weapon of sorts to use in Escalation & Multiplayer. I don't think it was revealed what Magnus' weapon was. Consider the hammer it.

17. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me, this is close enough (despite I'm not IDW/Roberts MTME UM fan. The only thing I like about S2 is Lafuente colored UM with white thigh, so she's my hero, lol):
    Magnus of Justice.jpg

18. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What was FOC UM's melee weapon anyways?

19. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think Destroyer class in multiplayer just punched and kicked for melee.

20. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    Well, not sure how I missed that (probably by not paying attention to RiD), but good. FoC -> Prime never really made sense.
    That's... still large, long handled, and likely two-handed. The hammer Apollo is rocking is a little one-hander with a head that looks like one of the cores from the Power of Primes line. The hammer in the IDW comic is only similar in that it has a square-ish shaped head. It just seems like an odd choice, which may have been made entirely to fill in an empty spot in the alt mode "armor" covering. Heck, Neptune's hammers seem like they would be a better fit, at least they're longer handled than this.

Which, mind, still isn't a major problem I have with the figure. My big issue is that it clearly appears to be a kind of half-assed partsformer/armorformer saddled on top of an Optimus Prime, instead of the all-in-one Transformer than FoC Ultra Magnus should be. And with all that, you still look to get a very lackluster alt mode. The little, unbefitting-an-Ultra-Magnus hammer is just the another odd choice for this figure.