Planet Master

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Jun 24, 2006.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    What exactly is the Planet Master? It was mentioned in Headmasters and Masterforce.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    About four million years before the series started, a group of Transformers, tired of the war on Seibertron, departed into space, looking for a new, peaceful world. Somewhere along the line, they went off course and crashed on an arid and inhospitable planet, Master.
    They triumphed over adversity, though, and built a civilisation there. The TFs there did not Transform, they were mostly human-sized android robots. However, seeking to protect galactic peace a small number of them built Transformer sized bodies and mastered "Head mode". They're the Headmasters. Not all of the TFs who went to Master accomplished this transformation, in the second part of the Targetmasters introduction episode we meet a character who tried to master Head mode but simply did not have the ability in him.
    As well as the seven Headmasters (the four Autobots and the three exiled Decepticons) other notable inhabitants are Scorponok, the mastermind of the Decepticon Headmasters who was slightly bigger than your average Master Head warrior. He was nearer TF sized, since he formed the head of Megazarak. Fortress is another notable, since he built a double-head formation body (Fortress' small form is never seen, outside of flashbacks, so perhaps he rebuilt himself to TF size to act as the head of Fortress Maximus?). His entire battleship serves as his larger body, with an unbreakable, G-Metal alloy sword as the robot mode's main weapon.
    Three other notables from Master are the bounty-hunters Apeface and Snapdragon, who mastered a deeper level of the Headmaster powers, and Sixshot, who was active on Master long before joining the Decepticons (he murdered one of Chromedome's best friends before the series started, see the episode "Terror of the Six Shadows")

Some of the inhabitants of Master were like Minicons in that they communicated in a binary code. These guys were caught in an accident with an elite team of Autobots, leading to the creation of the Targetmasters.

The Transformers of Master possessed a number of powerful abilities above and beyond the typical Transformer ones. Their "Transform" was powered up into a "Transform Dash", which has very little distinction on screen, but presumbably allows for more power in both modes since on occasion Weirdwolf was willing to take hostages to learn its secret.
    Cross Head On is another techinique, which allows the Headmasters to swap heads to better suit a situation, or in one episode to relay vital information across a battlefield.
    Lastly, Head Formation is a technique where the masters, either in full robot mode or just the heads, link arms in a circle and summon incredible energies between them, to either recharge a wounded ally or to inflict serious damage on an enemy. Notably, this technique finished off Galvatron, and it also recharges and powers up Fortress Maximus at the critical moment of the final battle.

The Masters of Masterforce, the Godmasters and the Headmaster Jrs, have no connection to Planet Master. The latter, the Headmaster Jrs, are humans who make use of the Headmaster technology, but to my knowledge lack all the enhanced abilities like Cross Head On.
    Godmasters, on the other hand, are more interesting. While not of Planet Master, they have access to a wide variety of awesome abilities. I've not seen enough Masterforce to properly comment, but from what I have seen it seems they can summon the very powers of the universe and life itself to aid them. It's more spiritual then the Headmaster powers, and it seems to be far more devastating, too.

Hope that answers your question and doesn't just confuse the heck out of you even further!

3. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Great explanation... Indeed the Godmasters are awesome with their devasting aura and increbible speed.

4. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No that is a pretty good explaination. Thank you for your time! :thumb 

5. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I really need to watch headmasters, which version should I buy?

6. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you can understand Japanese I say the Japanese version. The dub was so horrible.

I am hoping that if the movie goes all way maybe they will release re-dubbed version of Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory. Or at least ones in Japanese with english subtitles.

7. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I really need something subtitled, understanding Japanese is not really I skill I possess. I would prefer not to get a dubbed version, over the years I have read nothing but terrible things about the dub version and have been putting off buying it for that reason. Seems like there was some version that came out in the last year or two that was decent quality and subtitled, not sure what that was or where to find it though. Any guidance is much appreciated.

8. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have only seen fan-subbed.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I own the Metrodome DVD set for Headmasters. It's Region 0, subtitled with optional English dub, the only catch is you need to be able to play video in PAL format (50 Hertz) since that's what it is optimised for. But it'll run on your computer just fine if its got a DVD drive.
    It's too bad its a Europe only deal right now, since (although not flawless) these are some much-appreciated sets. Still, provided you can play them there's nothing to stop you importing them! Masterforce is going to come out very soon, and Victory is to follow as well.

10. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  11. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    that explaination made my head spin.

man I hate japanese G1.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The dubbed version is bad, but not that bad. If you can get past the bad acting and wrong names, it's actually better than trying to watch and read what they are saying.

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It says english subs in the description, I guess the seller doesn't know that it doesn't? well thanks for clearing that up.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

TV Nihon is also doing the Headmasters series. I think they're up to Episode 15 now. It's pretty good.

Their site is down right now though. :(