Pla-Kit Grand Convoy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hook, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Got the Superlink Grand Convoy Pla-Kit from the local comic book shop. I knew that Pla-Kits were similar to Gundam models, but I didn't realize that the thing wasn't painted!

I've never painted models or kits like this before... It could be a fun project, but I don't want to ruin it by using inadequate paint or brushes.

Suggestions?

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    is it all a uniform color as it was molded? I would suggest if not to do a layer of primer or something of the like, to get it all the same, and use krylon fusion spray paint for the base colors (if you use Krylon you wont need a primer, since it bonds to the plastic), with testors model paints to do the high lights and details, 'n top 'er off with a nice clear coat to make him shine and protect him

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    There are different coloured parts, but it's all very basic. For example, there are white, blue, red, orange and yellow parts. There's a sticker sheet included, for windows and such, but it looks like the painting involved is mostly for the smaller details, I.E. Convoy's head. Unpainted, it's all black, so I'd have to paint the helmet blue, add silver to the mouthpiece and yellow or blue to the eyes.

4. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    so they are the base colors already? well then just paint with testors paints which u can get pretty much anywhere that has models. Then when I paint by hand I usually do a thin layer, sand it down lightly after it dries to make sure its perfectly level, so the paint has filled in little tiny cracks and imperfections in the plastic, then I will do one more layer, and clear coat it.

the biggest thing to do is make sure you give it plenty of time to dry before you handle it, or else you will get smudgy marks on it and thats a no no in my book :) 

good luck with it man, I can't wait to see it if you get some pics up, I wish i had a digital camera, I have plenty of customs I would love taking pics of