Pittsburgh-ish Area Gathering

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by chiptimus_prime, Jun 13, 2012.

1. chiptimus_prime

chiptimus_prime Superfluous Trailer

News Credits:
    Checking to see if there's any interest here for a weekly or monthly TF gathering. I manage a comic book store at Century Three Mall - which would be a good location to start out - lots of space, etc. This would be a free, casual gathering to hang out, talk about TFs, trade, review, etc. What do you guys think? Interested?

~Chiptimus

2. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I take it you're talking about New Dimension?

I am game if we can setup a date/time far enough in advance. Century 3 is a bit of a drive for me.

At one point I was trying to get my friends to start a Bot Shots drinking game... maybe we could setup some kind of tournament instead of a drinking game. Perhaps a small prize donated by the store? Or everyone pop in $5 to claim the pot as winner?

The idea of having a meet has always been on my mind to meet some other TF fans. I also tried this type of meeting before: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-conventions-get-togethers/392642-where-all-pittsburgh-area-members.html. Hopefully this time we generate some interest.

3. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

Dude you need to come back to the mills and have it there! :D 

4. cutrookie

cutrookie Well-Known Member

I wish this happened a couple years ago, I use to live closer to century 3 and stop into new dimension all the time. Eventhough I live in the north hills now, i'll still make the trip to century 3 for a TF gathering I'd need some notice on the date though. I can make a list of TFs I'd part with, or just talk TFs with other local fans.

5. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    No further progress in setting something up?

I saw that the Pittsburgh Mills store is having a $5 graphic novels sale until the end of the month. I was planning on heading there Friday to see what they have. Do the stores run sales together? Or is each store operated independently?

I'm pretty much in between Cranberry/Ellwood City stores. The Cranberry store seems to have much more TF related stuff than Ellwood City. But for a TF specific meet I'd travel to any one of them.