Pissed

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by megatroptimus, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    1-Got scammed for $141 on Ebay. Sold my Victory Leo to afford SOC GX-31 Voltes V, but seller is scammer. Will never see the color of my money again.

2-Supposed to get CMs Gaofighgar but seller is sending like an email a week. That transaction will never happen I guess (haven't paid yet, but I fear that if I do, it's going to take forever to get it).

3-Supposed to get SOC GX-03 Combattler V. Same problem, seller is taking forever to complete the transaction. Ithink we've been emailing for like 6 weeks about that toy. Jesus. Same thing here, I haven't paid yet, just waiting to get the invoice.

4-Won a Godaikin Vavilos on Ebay. When I got it, I realized I got the non-transforming version. Fuck.

5-Was supposed to get Leader Brawl today based on tracking but it's not happening. Arg.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With regards to Voltes...was the seller feedback good and did you use Paypal? By the way, I didn't know you were into Japanese robots! :D 

Oh yeah, sorry to hear about your news on Voltes...I've been sitting on him for quite sometime...he seems to be well made with the combination gimmick at all.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Dammit! Hope it works out and you get the stuff

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When you sold the Victory Leo, did you do it outside of eBay?

5. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Seller's feedback was perfect (+29) at the time. He started piling up negatives yesterday (but he got a few more positive too for cheaper items, so he's still à +31).

Yup, I dig Japanese robots.

No, I sold it on Ebay. I already filed a complaint with Paypal to get my money back, but I already know it won't work.

6. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

dude that fucking sucks!
    I got put off buying anything big from ebay when a CM's GGG got lost from here to HK, seller wouldn't give me jack as he rightly had proof that it'd left HK without issue, post office here wouldn't pay out for it and neither would paypal as it had just crept over their time limit.
    Anything of high value like that I always buy from bigger reputable online shops now and ship via EMS, even if it does cost me more.

Get any claims you can in with paypal early and only cancel them once you get your stuff, failing that if you used a credit card go to your issuer and see if they can help at all, they've usually got much more of a clue about stuff than paypal and are very helpful as they're insured up the wazoo for any losses.

With the Godaikin did the seller describe it correctly?

7. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Yes, there's a version of Vavilos with electronics. In my head, US Vavilos = no electronics, transformable and Japan Vavilos = electronics, transformable. But that version only transforms from spaceship to gun, it doesn't have the robot mode. Anyway, I sold it back on Ebay the day I received it. Still, I'm out of $10 for the shipping I paid. Live and learn...

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! Sorry to hear about yor CM GGG also - so the HK seller showed you scans of the postal slips etc? Although I'm from Singapore (Asia also) I'm wary of HK sellers also.

megatroptimus - for such expensive items...I won't trust sellers with less than 100 positives (which isn't fool-proof either). Naybe one of the things to look out for is how successful expensive the items are being sold?

9. Scourge_151

Better than nothing i suppose.
    Reminds me I've got 2 or 3 Beta Boosts to get rid off, seller sent me a bunch by accident and didn't want them back.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've never been scammed--not 'cause I'm clever, just haven't done enough business yet, I imagine. Just curious: why won't it work?

11. Scourge_151

Yeah I had the tracking number from the HK post office, checked their site and it definitely left so it got lost at the incoming depot here.
    HK sellers have been totally solid with me except for this once and to be fair it wasn't the guy's fault, he was checking everything he could his end but all the HK post office could find out was that it definitely got to the UK.
    All I would've needed to send him was a letter from my post office saying that they never got the package and he could've reclaimed the cost of it from insurance and refunded me.
    But, of course, my post office wouldn't give me anything in writing to say they'd never received the package and so I got jack.
    Can't go wrong with EMS though, nothing like being able to track your stuff every single step of the way online, I regularly get stuff from the post depot before it even goes on the delivery truck as I know it's there before it gets processed due to the tracking :) 

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that sucks man

13. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Because if you "win" your case, they only retrieve funds from the seller's account. And for sure the money is long time gone. Paypal has zero customer service. You pay insane fees and nothing gets back to you. If anything, Paypal is the scammer's best friend.

14. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear you got scammed. I've been scammed twice so far and they happened within a week of one another. :-/ Ebay sellers with perfect feedback, just like the one who scammed you. The one guy turned bad like your scammer did. The other guy apparently did real business on ebay and scammed people off-Ebay, because he knew it wouldn't affect his Ebay feedback. He even sold the items he scammed off me (it was a trade) on Ebay! It was incredibly frustrating, and it took me a while before I regained confidence in the Ebay buying/selling system...

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Wait, I don't get it - did you get taken on the Victory Leo sale, or buying the SOC?

16. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know that seller-joe mccabe aka collectorstoystop, what a loser, and I mean loser big time. piece of shit. ok, i'm done.

17. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I first sold Victory Leo $150 to raise money. Successful sale, no problem here.

I take the money ($140) to buy SOC GX-31. Scam.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You made a good point about PayPal's fees. While it's convenient, I do think they're excessive. I'm looking forward to them getting a little competition from Google. Hopefully that'll help establish a little parity in their pricing schemes.

19. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I got scammed on three items last month :p . CM's GaoGaiGar, a model kit, and a wok. Fortunately, I got all the money back aside for the $30 for the Wok. Wasn't a good month for buying stuff, I guess.

20. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    That's why I don't mail anything out, until Paypal transfers the money to my bank account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.