pirates of the carribean 5 discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

so I got my buccaneer's bicorne today during team fortress 2 (BEST.DAY.EVER.) and that got me in a pirate mood so I started listening to pirate music, specifically pirates of the Caribbean music. then it got me thinking "how could they pull off a fifth film?" so, I decided to post this poll to get people's ideas out. I'm pretty sure they'll expand on jack's "fleet" and how to get them big again. I hope they expand on the mermaid theme a little more, I felt they were under used in the fourth film. maybe they could throw in Atlantis or the leviathan in there as well, that'd be nice. what do you lads 'n lasses think?

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the last movie had good premise but came out flat to be honest.

But yah uncovering myths/legend is always interesting. How abt a neverland crossover or summat?

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Nice to know a fellow TF2-Player also likes POTC.

I think we'll definitely see Blackbeard again, follow my lead: First off, it is goddamn Ian McShane, you don't hire him just to kill him off in one movie.

Then, they left Angelica alive, and if I know that character, I'd bet she'll try to bring Blackbeard back somehow.

Then, he is also a Voodoo Sorcerer of doom [it can even be noticed ONE RED RING was all that remained of his body, rings always do magic shit].

Atlantis is a possibility I think, since they left a major Sequel Hook with the "Phillip and Syrena dive in the sea".

4. Crazy Ramjetty

don't forget jack's "fleet" maybe he asks will (who lest we forget is captain of the flying Dutchman and can go underwater) for a favour because maybe Atlantis has this mystical object that reverses the fleet's miniature status

that I did not notice until you said it

5. Overlord Balder

I noticed that the first time I saw it because I was looking EVERYWHERE for Sequel Hooks :lol 

I doubt we'll ever see Will again, mainly because Orlando Bloom says he doesn't want to see his character not even painted in gold, but there's also the fact Jack doesn't have a way to contact him.

I'd also bet we'll see The Spaniard again, and probably the whole Blackbeard crew of the earlier movie [That old man with a cockney accent that told people about the Mermaids and even tried to kill one, that chinese dude who mentioned Whitecap Bay as "the garden of lost souls", the hilarious Indian Guy of "Made by the English! [beat] so let's not get our hopes up", e.t.c].

I also pray they bring back Pintel and Ragetti [the two pirates, one of them had a wooden eye] and Murtogg and Mullroy [the two marines who became pirates].

6. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the fourth film was a bit on the lazy side, compared to the other movies. I'd still see another movie, just get a different director (or get Gore Verbinski back).

7. Crazy Ramjetty

my favourites

1. curse of the black pearl
    2. on stranger tides
    3. at world's end
    4. dead man's chest

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

POTC4 was alright, but just didn't have that "something special" like the other 3

On a side note, one of the supervisors at my work is completely obsessed with POTC. Here's him from Halloween. The dreads are real

[​IMG]

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats a good look on him!

4s kind of funny actually, on paper it should be decent if not great, but watching it just seemed like theyre going thru the motions (which is funny since half the main cast is new)

My fave is 2. I like 1 and 3 equally. 3 has the amazing set pieces while 1 feels fresh/no baggage/not draggy. 4 felt like watching phantom menace for 1st time.

10. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Is Jack still hung up on being immortal? I haven't seen OST in a rather long time so I can't recall if he lost that yen or not, but quite frankly if he's still hung up on it then there is the possibility that we'll be seeing more Legends/Myths of attaining Immortality.

To tie in Atlantis a bit better to what we've seen so far in these films, perhaps we'll have a bit of a Greek thing going on where Jack tries to find the Golden Apples of the Gods said to grant immortality. And funnily enough the only way to reach it is by traveling to Atlantis, where our Mermaid friend and her new Merman hubby are located.

Personally though I hardly think Neverland is going to show up in this, PotC is all about realism in a fantastical setting and Disney isn't going to start making Crossovers in their Movies. Leave that for Kingdom Hearts.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I hope that they move forward with it, but they need to cale it back a bit. I liked the 4th one, but I agree that it was a bit wishy-washy what with the Bible thumper and Mermaid weak subplot.

My desire would be a Prequal. A rise (and fall) of Barbosa and Jack in the early days of being Pirates.

12. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

They just need a really fresh new idea.

The 4th kinda failed, simply culling down the cast and trying to strip back the bloated feel of the 3rd part might have sounded like the right direction but it ultimately didn't work. It felt pretty flat.

First two are my favorite, third was too much and no direction and the fourth was just uninspired.

13. Overlord Balder

My favorite is the third, ironically.

You see, it's actually pretty funny: No one liked the third because no one was convinced by the "EPIC" feel of the movie, thing is: I was convinced. And so it became one of my favorite movies.

14. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only watched the last one because of Ian McShane as Blackbeard. I found the movie really disappointing, especially since I felt they underused Blackbeard and McShane as an actor.

15. Crazy Ramjetty

me thinks you don't have anything to worry about venksta, I had no idea they'd bring barbosa back in dead man's chest so bringing black beard back seems like a safe bet

16. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm probably gonna get punted around like a football here, but I think the stories worked best when Jack Sparrow wasn't thrust into the spotlight.

That's why he worked ok in the first film: he was the glue that tied all the plot threads together. But is often the case, suddenly a secondary/supporting character gains a fanbase, and someone claims they need to give this guy his own show.

I can't help but think of the previews for OST to be somewhat like how people felt with Episode 1: it looked so awesome- but in the end, the final product was just alot of flashy set-dressing.

17. Overlord Balder

I think yes, Sparrow needs supporting cast to work properly, but the thing is, there is supporting cast better than Will and Elizabeth, such as Capt.Barbossa [who I actually like more than Sparrow himself], even Pintel and Raggetti could be more used.

18. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the next one has to probably start off with Jack getting The Black Pearl out of the bottle. Then a lot will depend on what Barbossa is doing with Blackbeards Sword and ship, we may see a conflict there and I think the Way Jack and Barbossa play off each other is one of the best things about POTC.
    Ultimately I want the next movie to have some more ship based combat, there was not enough in 4. The Black Pearl vs Queen Anne's Revenge has to happen somehow.

19. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    The third is my favorite too.

I can see them possibly bringing back Blackbeard in the fifth movie. Blackbeard seemed rather underwealming to me as a villian after Barbossa in the first movie and Davy Jones in the second and third, but he was better than Beckett. Angelica no doubt will return, the end credit scene makes me think that she'll be one of the villians in the fifth movie. I think Phillip and Syrena should come back so their storyline can be resolved. Also I think it would be nice for Will and Elizabeth to at least be mentioned by Jack or someone in the next movie.

20. Crazy Ramjetty

the only way will's coming back is if jack needs a favour from him (which he probably will)