Pirated G1 boxed prime. questions and review

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wheeljaxx, Jul 10, 2006.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

So, i recieved my pirated g1 boxed prime today, and have 2 black versions on order, and here is what i think.

the quality of the plastic is super. just like the original. the box seems to be a bit thicker cardboard and is easlily distinguishable for an authentic one.
    the main thing is the trailor stickers are un-applied. inside and out, but comes with a sheet, in identical quality to the originals. the cut however is slightly off where it curves up, so there is a part wich remains uncovered.

the big issue with prime cab is that the head has no screw to keep it on, not even a hole in the plastic to put one in. another thing is the sticker around the cab seems to have been 1 solid piece, then cut with a knife at the joints.

the joints are tight, and moldimg detail is awsome. if i didn't know my transformers, i could never tell this was a pirated edition. Even the mold used is an early one, as the front wheel hubs are short, like the pre-ultra magnus and re-issue ones

my question is this: does anyone else have one, and do yo uhave the same issues?

for $45, i'm extremly happy, and can't wait for the black ones to arrive

2. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    $45?

Please tell me where you got it, because at that price, I'll have to order a few!

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pics.. Also does it come with a parrot and a peg leg?

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

seller off ebay had a make offer option, i made the offer and he accepted. half the BIN price

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

That means the seller makes about $15-$20 profit which has the toy's manufactured price at $25, just like in the '80s. How cool. We need to make a deal with the manufacturer.

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Wow for that price I would buy a black one to use the Decpticon reprolabels on.