Pilotmaster70's CHUG (ish) collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by pilotmaster70, Jul 22, 2018.

?

Rate my collection on a scale of 1-5

1. 1 terrible

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. 2 fair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 average

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. 4 good

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. 5 excellent

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

So a while back I decided to start collecting CHUG. I chose this because I didn't necessarily want über G1 accuracy, I wanted more of a 'concept' of a particular character. So I started collecting by buying up a lot of the CHUG figures of the crew of The Ark and The Nemesis. Since the 'Cons felt a bit lonely I got some Geniricons from other lines to beef up their forces.

1986 ONWARD SHELF
    Contains the cast of Transformers: The Movie minus Blaster and the Junkions (Because I dislike that concept). Also included are the Jumpstarters and some Vehicons. Ultra Magnus is currently in the paint shop.)
    86 onward Shelf.png

AUTOBOT SHELF

Contains primarily the crew of The Ark with some additions. Also LEGO figures of Spike Witwicky and his father.
    Autobot Shelf.png

DECEPTICON SHELF
    Contains primarily the crew of The Nemesis with some Genericons. G1 immigrant characters such as Lugnut, Lockdown, and Knock Out are also on this shelf. Thunderwing is a custom based off of IDW Thunderwing's big body
    Decpticon Shelf.png

DEVASTATOR SHELF
    Consists of CW Devastator plus the combined form of the Dinobots, Extinction. (also Slash)
    Devy Shelf.png

SCRAMBLE SHELF
    Consists of CW Menasor, UW Superion, CW Bruticus (Soon to have Amazon Blast off), and CW Defensor (sans Groove). I plan on upgrading this shelf post college to also hold POTP Abominus and UW Computron (Once they are obtained).
    Scramble Shelf.png

EVERYONE ELSE SHELF
    Contains Wreckers (Sandstorm, Roadbuster, Hardhead, Warpath), Drift, Some dude that looks like Roller could transform, Sixshot and Overlord.
    Rando Shelf.png

Not Pictured: Metroplex because he's fucking enormous.

Notes: I am getting the PPT Not-Reflector and also a Nova Prime (SND X-Mortis or whatever) that ends up somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  2. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Dude nice setup so neat and clean. Nice collection great selection of figures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skywarp23

Skywarp23 Well-Known Member

Nice set up. I can't make out what type of ironhide you have there though. I'm curious about him.

4. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

That's a custom CW Ironhide that I should really get around to posting at some point. (He's standing on a riser so he's taller.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I like your CHUG setup. The combiner shelves are particularly nicely displayed.

6. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

Thanks man! I can't wait to get the Terrorcons and Technobots... Somewhere.

7. Optimugatron

I hear great things about the Terrorcon from POTP. I'm skipping them because I have Unique Toys Ordin, but I do have UW Computron though and it is my favorite CW styled Combined (Titan Devastator is my favorite overall).

8. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

Personally Superion for me. He's the only one (that I own) where the torso mode isn't shit.

9. Optimugatron

I actually like most of them. The Motormaster and OP mold, however, was not very good, and really did not work on many levels as the torso. Thankfully, the Perfect Effect kit made it much better. Currently I am debating on whether I want to invest in the TDW upgrade kit for UW Computron to make him more beefy. I think it would make him a lot better looking in general and a bit better when paired up against my UT Ordin (Abominus). I already have PE feet for all my CW combiners, but passed on the kit for Computron, which I regret, I even have the single release of CW Scattershot (got him in the case with CW Onslaught).

Superion was my favorite until I got my UW Computron, but Takara nailed it in my opinion, and the extra touches they gave and the nice mix of new and updated molds, plus original weapons, really made the set worth it. Combiners are hand's down my favorite gimmick from G1 and it feels great having every American/Sunbow team finally. I admit I forked out big bucks for my Predaking and Abominus instead of waiting, but having them in hand, I just can't bear the thought of settling for the POTP releases now.

10. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

Yeah, my approach is quantity and quality equally prioritized. That's why I generally shy away from expensive 3rd party releases. (Also any tips on how best to get a UW Computron?

11. Optimugatron

Sadly, I haven't seen any reasonably priced for a while. I try to find a balance. When it comes to large purchases ($40 and up), I research extensively (usually on these forums) and watch multiple review videos before purchasing. I wouldn't say I have a lot of 3P figures, but I love most of what I have with very few regrets (my biggest being the MMC Elita 1, that mold is horrible). I don't mind paying extra for good figures, but I want poseability, durability, and it has to be a character I care about (or a total badass like my MMC Overlord).

Lately my TF funds have been a lot more limited so I am very particular about what I am getting. I honestly don't see many more 3P figures I will be getting in the future, though that MMC Sky Lynx seems like a must have.

I hope you can find a UW Computron and if I see anything decent, I'll PM. I would check the forums here if I were you.

12. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

Yeah, Seems like I missed the boat on them. So many have been sold already.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimugatron

Well, you could settle for this... Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Collector Coin I'm a bit miffed mine didn't come with it. I never even knew they had them!

Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure | eBay Best deal I could find sadly.

If I ever am forced to sell my collection, I'll hook you up. (my wife tries to make it happen at least once a month)

14. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

Holy fucknuckles that is expensive! At that point I might as well get MT Quantron! Thats something like 45 dollars per figure!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Optimugatron

Agreed. I would have done that if I hadn't gotten the UW one. The price for these has gone up since I got mine too even at BBTS and TFS (the newer sets).

16. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

Yeah... I might be able to get one at some point if I put that in my sig or something

• Like Like x 1
  17. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Good job!

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd say great collection here so a 5 I'd say.