Pictures of Henkei C-16 Dinobot and C-17 Hot Shot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobreadticon, Nov 1, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, the arm kibble is better than on the original figure, but only a bit. Other than that though, he looks pretty awesome. Like many others have said, I'm not a Hotshot fan... but I am a fan of cool transforming robot cars!

I'm not sure if I would go that far myself, but it's a very nice picture. I suspect he's still exuding that magic monochrome glow that grey prototype pics always seem to have. Why do they always look so much sexier than the final product?

My theory is that without distracting decos, the matte grey highlights all the detailing in the figures.

zmog

2. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    The original didn't have a missile launcher - it had a spinning tail and a sword.

Now, I'm going to suspect that the missile doubles as the sword, given a) it's stored in the same place b) it looks like the sword in its sculpt and c) Dinobot is iconic with sword and shield.

On a related note, I'm glad I preordered Henkei Dinobot - though I'll still pick up the original I think. If this proto reflects the base color on the Henkei version, it will be FAR more accurate in deco than Hasbro's.

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I know people keep on saying they want headmasters(which is cool), but there's still the question of "which headmasters?".

Chromedome would be pretty obvious, although seeing one of the Horrorcons would also be cool.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hot Shot looks fucking awesome, now THAT'S the way I like to see Armada toys! I hope we at least see Prime, Starscream and Megatron redone too, always liked their character designs, but didn't like the toys as much.

5. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Why is Hot shot show acurate and dinobot is not? Hasbro sucks give us cartoon acurate toys like hot shot.

6. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    I think this Dinobot is pretty show-accurate. More so than the original toy at least.

But the fact is that Classics/Universe isn't necessarily about giving us show accurate versions of characters, but giving us updated versions of them.(although it's really about making toys with realistic alt modes to fill the gaps between movies)

Just look at most of the G1 classics/universe toys, and how accurate they are.

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if it does double as a sword, I hope Fansproject/TFClub/other will make a custom sword for him.
    I want to see a Hardhead or maybe even a Scorponok.

8. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    For some reason I always wanted to complete the original Armada cast, but with new figures (since the originals sucked). Universe Hot Shot will look great with Cybertron Red Alert. The Autobot team is all set!

Dinobot? I'll stick to the Hasbro version, as long as it's cheaper. He might look nice next to Classics Grimlock.

9. NintendoVG13

NintendoVG13 Well-Known Member

NOW! Thats what Hot Shot should of looked like! :D 

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i like hotshot.....

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    He mentioned it on his Shortpacked blog. I assume it's reliable since he knows some of the Hasbro team.

12. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    That still raises the question of what those little, clear, plastic bits behind Hot Shot in the pictures are.

13. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope they do all the characters that were in the game.
    God, i'd love to see a Supreme Class Tidal Wave!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Both of these are passes but for different reasons. Dinobot looks really lame which is a shame since he is an awesome character. Hot Shot looks decent but he is such a lame character from the show I don't want him. Ah the irony.

15. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

I think that an Armada-inspired Voyager Starscream would be absolutely fantastic, and Megatron and Prime would make a decent Ultra case assortment somewhere down the line. Heck, throw in Wheeljack as a U. Sideswipe repaint (with mini jet-mode Wind Sheer remolded from the booster if you wanted to go crazy), and I'd probably buy it.

16. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's hoping for:
    Deluxes Hot Shot and Cyclonus
    Voyagers Starscream and Red Alert
    Ultras Optimus and Megatron
    Supreme Class Tidal wave + One or more legends class autobot.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm REALLY liking Hotshot, and I'm REALLY not liking Dinobot. Which is a shame bc I was REALLY looking forward to Dinobot. =(

18. OMEGA PRIME12

OMEGA PRIME12 Sentianl Order Leader

the reason why there are 2 missle like things is because they are holding down the cannon for hotshot's and jolts linkage. it opens up the cannon on the back so he'll look like if he is carrying a missle lauancher and for his alt mode when linked up the 2 things will become like boosters almost like how the old specs were on the origional armada toy. oh yea the little kibble at the end of hotshot's arms are suppose to be lasers like on the cartoon

19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Man, that is what Armada should have looked like from the get go. Amazing mold ~ I'll get it despite my utter loathing of 95% of anything from that series. (Bendy Prime and the Sports Car Minicons are the only things worth owning from the entire line IMHO)

Someone needs to do a stop-motion animation of New Hotness Hot Shot lighting Old and Busted Hot Shot on fire.

20. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

Hot Shot looks good unpainted. He'll probably look like crap once he's painted. Seems to be the trend a lot of times now a days. Looks great in the unpainted grey, worse once painted.

Dinobot just looks bad-period.