Pictures in News Articles...

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Sidecutter, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

Aug 15, 2004
    News Credits:
    Two things which have been bugging me more than usual today with the onslaught of pics from SDCC, so I thought I would bring these up as suggestions that would make the site friendlier.

1) Would it be possible to scrap duplicate pictures from news post galleries before uploading them all? By "gallery", I'm speaking of the array of thumbnails that show below the story itself when you click through the headline of a story. The SDCC Hasbro toy images are a good example of this - there are tons of pictures that are all equally clear (or not), and identical in every way that matters. It's very frustrating to try and eyeball the thumbnails to avoid clicking on five pictures of the same slide of DOTM DX Soundwave when there's no flash slideshow available to make it easy to flip through and past the duplicates.

2) Why is there no flash slideshow in this mode? It's pretty annoying to have to click a picture, resize a window, view it, close the window, and repeat. The site uses flash lightboxes in other areas, how about implementing it here as well?
  2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

Apr 6, 2003
    News Credits:
    The photos in the panel news stories go live the instant they are taken. No way to filter before hand. Best that can be done is to delete them after the fact, but that's sometimes easier said than done.

The frontpage news system is custom built on top of the forum software. Adding a light box to it to replace the standard attachment system would need to be tested to make sure it wouldn't mess anythign else in the custom code up. Just didn't have time pre-convention season to make sure that was working, wouldn't crap out and wouldn't interfere with the instant uploads.