Picture showing all Prime Masters including the missing ones

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by rikaldomario, May 22, 2018.

1. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 23
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    YES!

• Like Like x 5
  3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wheres @Deadend? i believe he told me yesterday that not all of the primes were ever intended to be made. id say this pretty definitively proves him wrong

• Like Like x 4
  4. King Glurch

King Glurch Damnit, Starscream!

YouTube:
    But which Pretenders would they be?

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    And as I said, they were originally not planned to be finished in POTP. You don't see them on releases as yet do you?
    Prima, Amalgamous, and Nexus were originally set aside for after to do something else with. But depending on how bad fan demand for them would get, may get a release sooner. This is also why Blastoff comes with a Megatronus repaint instead of one of the remaining 3, and wreck Gar doesn't come with one at all.

As I also stated, plans also change. But I can 1000% guarantee you as originally pitched, those 3 were intentionally left off per the reasons I stated. Prima's spark is in the Matrix. Nexus was left off to let his club figure feel more exclusive(per the story, his spark is divided up among 5 bots and couldn't be redone into a prime body), and Amalgamous was left off because he can hide better than a decoy suit. They did each still get their own emblem though per the iconography.

And as I also said, you're welcome for getting POTP at all and thank you for your passionate support. :p  xD

Seriously though dude, not mad at you at all. I love the fact you love it this much and think that's awesome. I kind of really needed to see that after the constant hate streaks that's been going on. So thank you. I love seeing the work that appreciated.

When originally pitched, it was before the TR packs had done so well. So they were only allotted enough space for 8. With the 9th getting placed in Predaking. So those 3 in particular were picked to save for something else in case fan demand wasn't strong enough. That's also why Prima's looks like the actual Prima face and the others don't. Last minute addition for that one if they could make them.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 11
  7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Waverider i reckon to be one, since we know the tooling exists already on account of Grand Maximus.
    i could also see Stranglehold happening since he'd complete the 89 trio with Bludgeon and Octopunch
    maybe Longtooth for the third? he's a pretty unique design. allthough I wouldnt say no to a Thunderwing or Spider Bandito

• Like Like x 11
  8. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    except what you say clearly doesnt track with this image, which is for power of the primes since all of them are tagged as predaking and theres a big ole power of the primes logo at the top of it. if prima is the matrix then why does he have a primemaster on this image that is clearly not the matrix? if prima is the matrix why at toyfair was it said that the matrix represents the 13th prime? also the club nexus has zero bearing on what hasbro does. theres a counterpunch coming out when the club just did combiner wars counterpunch. also its not like funpub holds the license anymore and hasbro took nexus away from them after they completed him so that they could do whatever they wanted with the 13. nothing you have said about this tracks logically or with information we've been told from other sources

• Like Like x 6
  9. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    the Matrix isnt Prima though, it represents "the 13th" otherwise known as "The Arisen", "Optimus Prime", or "the dumbest fucking idea from the Covenent of Primus".

• Like Like x 10
  10. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    exactly, this was told to us by hasbro. this image flies in the face of the idea that all 12 werent supposed to be released and it flies in the face of the idea that the line didnt get cut short

• Like Like x 2
  11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm guessing this is off the Pedaking box, currently on show in Japan, or some material within?

• Like Like x 1
  12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unhelpfully there's some light obscuring the image of Onyx at the bottom left but to my eye that looks different colours to the one with Predaking:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yea, the one on the box looks like it has no orange

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Yeah that was a Hasbro ad-lib. It's getting retconned. Not one of the better ideas. Made no sense anyway. The matrix is literally Prima's hilt. So why would it be the emblem of the 13th, and if Optimus Prime is the 13th, why does he need a matrix as his emblem. That one seriously made no sense at all. But they wanted to work in a reference to TFTM with that entire "arise rodimus prime".

Corporate culture of old Hasbro took a long while to get to this point. So some aspects had to be yielded to over time to get where we are now. Which is also what led to the three new combiner limbs like Alpha Bravo, the new protectobot, and the new stunticon. Was really happy to see the entire football helmet protectobot went over so well though. It's been a long struggle to get to this point.

It didn't get cut short. It was pitched short. So they could switch to a yearly system after it. All of this was before CW even started. Then CW took off. TR did too. So POTP was given more development room and was going to fit those 3 in later. Originally they weren't pitched as to finish it. And were going to find other outlets later. But thanks to consumers loving it so much, the side backup for them got used so they could be made. When all this was pitched was before any of it hit shelves. Hasbro plans that far in advance.

The fact they are this loved that it's doing this well is amazing though. Glad you're loving it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like you’re full of it still. This image clearly shows prima as not the matrix and it shows the other missing primemasters as well, on a power of the primes image. Literally everything about this image even existing calls your credibility into doubt

• Like Like x 2
  16. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YES

• Like Like x 1
  17. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    12 molds for 12 Prime Masters confirmed!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    Everything you are posting is entirely your own conjecture. While all of the evidence does prove that POTP was planned to end earlier for a yearly reset system early on, there was nothing every proving that all of the Prime Masters weren’t going to get figures in some fashion. John Warden said there are Twelve, and the Matrix is weilded by the 13th. While Prima did wield the Matrix of Leadership in the hilt of his sword, he was never the Thirteenth Prime, that was always Optimus. What Warden meant by his statement was that the Thirteenth Prime(who is traditionally Optimus), would just be signified as the current wielder of the Matrix(because there was no point in an Optimus Prime Master when he has the Matrix and his own larger figure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Calling it now
    Prima-Waverider
    Nexus-Catilla
    Amalgamous-Finback

Those are my predictions if they even get decoy/pretender armor/suits.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Wait, this was leaked by Raffy Rodriguez himself this time?

• Like Like x 1