Picture Request

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He all. Just a simple picture request to help me with a kitbash I currently have planned:

http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/digibashes-3/classics-megatron-digibash-165971/

What I need is a picture comparing the head of a 10th Ann. Beast Wars Megatron (or it's Cybertron repaint) to that of the head and chest of a Classics Megatron. I'm thinking about using BW Megatron's head as a replacement for my Classics bash, since I don't have the Classics head as an option. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this. Bellow are links to pictures of the two figures I'm speaking of, just to make sure you know the specific figures I'm talking about.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=3102
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=7074

2. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

Like, as in, side by side in one picture, or 2 pictures closed in and put side by side?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just one picture. If I was meaning two, or more, I would have said pictures.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Bump: Anybody? :popcorn 

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . Looks like his head will be the right size for my project. I vaguely remember someone telling me that the 10th Ann. BW Megs head is on a ball joint like Classics Megs is where the ball itself is attached to the head and goes into the body. It'd be awesome if his head would fit into the joint already there on Classics Megs, but I have a feeling that it won't withought some modding to it.

7. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Hey, I have just caught your reply when I was about to pack up.

[​IMG]

Sorry Megs.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the additional picture :D . It looks as though it might actually work, as the ball appears to be about the same size, if not a little smaller. the neck is shorter, but that'll only mean it'll be closer to the body the Classics Megs original head was, and will more than likely just loose a little bit of movement. Now all I have to do is track down a head from someone. Might not be too hard, as I've seen some people do kitbashes of the mold as Grimlock where they use a different head. Megs can take it. He's becoming more accustomed to having his head separated from his body :D 

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I have another picture request. This has to do with another one of my planned kitbashes:

http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/digibashes-3/custom-character-kitbash-idea-164508/

This time I need a picture of Cybertron Ultra Jetfire and Cybertron Voyager Starscream. Any one of their repaints will do, just as long as it's those two molds specifically (the Legends or Supreme versions won't do). I want to see if Jetfire's head could fit onto Starscream's body. It's probably too big, but I want to see them next to each other first. Thanks in advance for help with this. Bellow are pictures of the specific molds I'm talking about (just to make sure you know what I'm talking about):

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=4798
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=5163

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Bump: Anybody? :popcorn 

11. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Hey mate, it's me again. I'll see what I can do over the weekend if no one posts a pic by then as I have GF versions of those.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. No rush. I really hope Jetfire's head is the right size for my idea. It's the perfect head for the job. Looking at pictures of Jetfire, he looks like his head might be small for an Ultra. Then again that could just be me hoping. Also, anybody else like to use this smiley? :popcorn  It's really well made.

13. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Yeah his head is tiny.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's good. Looks like his head might actually be the size I need it to be. Here's hoping it isn't too hard to get a hold of just his head. Even better yet if I can get a similar deal to tho one I got on that Binaltech Shockblast head I got a while back.

15. SydneyY

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I don't do kitbashes, so I have no idea if they are compatible. Looks to me like some disassemblings are required to take their heads off.
    Good luck with your customs :) 

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . Just looking at the picture as-is, it looks like his head will be the correct size. I'm going to go into paint.net and see if that's true. As for how I'll get his head on the body once I have both in my hands, I'm not 100% sure at the moment. Would be really awesome if their heads were on the same kind of joint. From what I know of their articulation, that could be a possibility. Again, thanks for the help.

17. SydneyY

News Credits:
    No worries :) 

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was just working with it in paint.net (didn't take all that long to do), and got this. I am a little worried about the wing/ear parts of his head. Those might go out far enough from the head for it to fit in. I'll resize the head in my bot-mode digibash to see if they will be in the way (I made the head a little bigger in my digibash than it actually is, lol).

[​IMG]

19. SydneyY

News Credits:
    That's a nice job. I took a ruler out to check and Dreadrock's head is about the same width as the gap on Starscream's shoulder. So even if the head fits, it wouldn't be able to swivel much, I suppose?

You are going to make the TF in your sig? He looks very nice. Again, good luck :) 

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I might just shave down the wing/ear pieces on his head a little then. Shouldn't really cause any major problems though, as only the points will be that close to the shoulder pieces. Yep, the main bot in my sig, and the one in my avatar is the bot I'm going to be making :D