picture request, classic prime, and Cyb vector prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mike, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    can someone please take a picture for me, of Classic prime, and cybertron vector prime next to each other? I'd like to see the size comparison.

up here, prime will be the same price as the voyagers, $35 dollars after taxes, but he seems pretty small, I dont know if I want to spend that much on him, I might have to wait to get him used

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I won't be able to post a pic until later, but I can tell you Prime is a pretty small Voyager, but VP is also pretty large in robot mode for the size class as well, so it might be a little harder to make a comparison keeping that in mind.

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    yeah, see I like vector prime cuz he's so big, he's taller then some ultra class figures. he really seems worth the money to me *even though his transformation is not that complex* he has sounds, a sword, and even a minicon! for 30 bucks, he's a good buy.

but classic prime, I dunno, just looks dinky!!! classic megatron takes up almost the entire package in alt mode.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Classics Prime - ~6.5" head to toe, ~3.5" wide at the shoulder.
    Vector Prime - ~7.5" head to toe, ~6" wide at the shoulderpads.

5. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    thanks

I guess he's not that small then

6. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Is size the only thing that matters? Really, thats crazy logic.

By this logic G1 Soundwave must be a really bad deal because he is so compact in alt mode.

I really regret buying Vector Prime. But I was riding the "Galaxy Force is cool" craze when I bought him in Japan.

Oh well everyone is different, I value a Transformer by how good both modes are, and how clever the engineering and attention to details are.

Vector Prime has a lot of detail on this mold, I'll give him that.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    6.5 inches, thats a tall Cybertron Deluxe, I know theyve gradually been getting smaller over the years, but c'mon, you cant charge $20/£20 for a tall deluxe.

8. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well this is the "Classics" line and G1 transformers were tiny. G1 Prime would be a definite deluxe today if not for the trailer.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Abit off topic but the GF Vector Prime sure has a cool colour scheme!

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    That's true, but that's also one of the main reasons I prefer today's toys to G1. In Beast Wars, the G1 characters were depicted as larger than life, not only because of their physical size, but because of their importance to the franchise, and I think that's an appropriate depiction. Ah well, I guess that's what Alternators are for.

11. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    prices and classes though, have more to do with plastic weight than actual height ~ like Cyb Excellion/Hotshot might be onw of the tallest deluxes ever, but he's very thin front to back, and almost skelatal ~ where as CybD Hot Shot is a lot bulkier, but also shorter.

and Vector Prime was REALLY big for a voyager, i believe this is part of why he had such limited Paint aps in the states ~ IIRC in Japan he actually had a unique pricepoint between Mega/Voyager and Ultra. looking at him on my shelf he's a head taller and WAY bulkier than CD Scattorshot and Live Convoy.