Picture Request - City Commander Vs. Reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to put this issue to bed once and for all, for me. I keep reading comments that the CC reissue is actually screwed together and not glued. If I could see pics comparing the two, or even just the reissue as I have the original, I would really appreciate it.

Also has anyone carved out the solid pieces of CC's rims in attempt to match Magnus's?

2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
  3. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I haven't, but if you get the Reprolabels G3 trailer upgrade set it has enough stickers to fix the problem.

You can see the result here:
    [​IMG]

4. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    are you talking about the real reissue version with the gun / missles? or the ko version? if its the ko version, wow i didnt believe how bad it was until i saw the fp website. im a big fan of ko. but no way i will buy the fansproject ko sets. they are even bad for people like me who like ko reissues.

5. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

as far as i know, the original/1st run of cc was/is glued together. the recent re-issue is with screws as it was made from the mold where shadow and dia commander came from. hope this helps.

6. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you guys find it more sturdy than the first run City Commander?

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both releases. Are you looking for any specific comparisons, or just a qualitative overall evaluation?

I'd like to do this, but I'm not confident enough to take a drill to my not-so-cheap toy.

8. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much, as well as if the reissue attaches any more securely to Magnus since it is screwed together.

I know the first release is kinda durable. My dad wasn't looking and it took 6 ft. nose dive off the shelf. I think the fore arm pieces are a little looser now.

9. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I took a look at both armors just now. Screws and glue aside, they're almost identical in terms of fit, quality and integrity. In my case, the only appreciable difference is that my first release CC was pretty much perfect, except for a loose right gaunlet; the second release does not have this problem, but the hinges on the back of each shoulder are looser, which is a common problem among SC and DC as well. Also, the first release has light blue eyes, whereas the reissue has white eyes, which I presume was done as priming for custom painting.

Get the second release. From what I've seen, it's cheaper, and the accessory packs (missiles+gun) have begun to sell out, making it harder to complete a first release set. All things considered, there's simply not enough reason to get the first release.