Picture and text theft/Ebay policy question

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by DaiRyu, Mar 2, 2011.

1. DaiRyu

DaiRyu Crazy about the Big Bots

I searched the ebay forum for an appropriate thread before opening one but my special question seems not to be there ...

How is Ebay's reaction about a reported picture and text theft - a.k.a. a rules violation in your country(s)?

Let me specify:

I'm a seller in Germany.

This was my auction
    Transformers - God Ginrai/Powermaster Optimus Prime bei eBay.de: Action-Figuren (endet 23.01.11 19:51:42 MEZ)

And this is the auction in question with two of my pics and part of my text
    Transformers - God Ginrai/Powermaster Optimus Prime g1 bei eBay.de: Action-Figuren (endet 06.03.11 20:00:32 MEZ)

First I grumbled, than I reported to Ebay. Asap I've got an automatically generated message with the advice to contact the seller and talk to him/her nicely. In almost every issue that would be enough to get the seller to remove the stolen pics/text. Ebay wouldn't interfere. (So, practically I have to take me a lawyer ...:rolleyes: )

I grumbled more and send the seller a nice message. All that came back was

............................... (yep, a lot of dots, I interpret that as some not so nice thoughts :D )

and my pictures and my text are used further.

I'll let it be (and feel suddenly love for watermarks), but I'm interested if any of you have experiences in such a case.

2. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    No experience with this specifically.... but with EBay doing nothing except collecting money? Yeah, plenty.

3. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

I had my auction pictures jacked, and when I filed a complaint, ebay said I had to enroll in their VeRO program.

Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (VeRO)

4. DaiRyu

DaiRyu Crazy about the Big Bots

Thanks for your answers.

I found that in Ebay.de under the name "VeRI-Programm".

But ... in my opinion that program is for companies, artists, whatever - not the ordinary ebay user (correct me, if I'm wrong).

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    basically you can complain till the cows come home...will ebay care or do anything...nope/

6. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I have to say I really could care less if someone jacks my eBay pics or part of my description. I doubt it effects what my item will sell for and really don't find it worth the grey/white hairs to stress over it.

The bottom line is, if someone does steal another pic and description they set themselves up for a negative feedback if the item doesn't match what is pictured or described in their listing. So in the end people that steal pics & descriptions can shoot themselves in the foot, let karma run it's course.