Pictorial review/preview of Duel Model Kit Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tekmen, Jun 10, 2011.

1. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

wow comments saying how this is hardly any better than a deluxe makes me think most people dont have the ability to look past it being a yellow robot! this thing is FAAAAAR better than ANY DELUXE HA VOYAGER AND LEADER (they ALL suck) as far as accuracy goes! and even a comment saying the whole thing is stylized?!?!?!??! YEAH Magoo in the style of a Transformers film! ARE MOST TRANSFORMER FANS CHILD MINDED? have NO observation skills and just want cheap toys that look only REMOTELY like their subject matter ! YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!

2. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Couldn't agree more. Nearly purchased this the other day and so glad I passed.

3. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    Bee is meh...i already bought Prime though. can't wait to get a hold of it and really paint up that skeleton.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Easy to achieve accuracy when your Transformer doesn't transform...

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh you so mad.

It is stylised, dude. Look at the shoulder pads next to the car front. No fucking way is that accurate. And his torso is looooooong. Like longcat says "holy shit."

Plus, the regular toys have to actually transform, which this doesn't, and they still capture the proportions better.

6. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 screaming internally

Another d-x sized bb? Pass.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee turned out better than those promo pics, hope the same happens with Prime.

8. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Among the best TF movie toys ever, in my book. One that, together with Optimus Prime, I'm eagerly awaiting. Will snap it up the moment I see it in my local specialty toy store.

With a little hands-on detailing like metallic highlights and drybrushing to give contrast to raised detail, and perhaps some weathering or clear gloss, this is gonna be awesome.

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree that bumblebee is a bit stylized. prime on the other hand doesn't look like that's the case. prime looks super accurate all the way around. i really can't wait for him.

the point of this comment would be? it's a model kit.

looks like boston is heading towards another year of playoff disappointment.

10. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

cool!, but im probably gonna get optimus

11. sh002

sh002 Banned

chest piece looks too flat. looks like bumblebee is on an energon diet.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    He bitches about transformable figures not being movie-accurate and then call ******s the ones not jerking off to non-transformable "accurate" (not 100% true) figures.

Mr. Epic Fail himself (Roberto Luongo) will make sure this doesn't happen.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm passing on this for now; I prefer buying the cheaper model kits. I'll probably get this if it ever goes on sale on HLJ or something.

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What? Seen a lot of recent kits? Just like any Gunpla model, this one included, any amount of paint is going to go a long way to improving how it looks. It still stands that you're paying Master Grade price for something that is around 1/144th.

15. unlikelyhero

unlikelyhero FOX HOUND RETIREE

Been waiting for this review for awhile, the fact that these have not sold out says alot about the asthetic and more importantly the price. Given the nature of the kits these are way over priced. If they produced a prime akin to Buster prime that would justify the asking price and as for Bumblebee he is just outsold by his 12 dollar deluxe counterparts. Pass for now

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

you got to love how they jump right back on that bandwagon the second there is one win.

EH HEM Oh ya

Really like the BB model better than i thought i would but I am still awaiting the Perfect grade prime which has me all a flutter

17. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It's a neat, but overpriced, model kit...Not much else I can think of to comment on.

18. Crazy Ninjaman

Crazy Ninjaman TF fan since 1993

I understand that, but you pay alot of money on how the product is packaged. This model has the part trees individually painted and wrapped where as gundam models have 2-3 trees of un-painted parts in one bag. gunpla are almost always packaged in a cardboard box with print on 5 of the faces. the box bumblebee is in however is made out of thick cardboard and with print on every face with a plastic widow showing the the parts inside. it also has a plastic tray housing the frame of the robot and im guessing it has a full color instruction book. gunpla kits always (with the exception of Perfect Grades) have black and white instruction booklets with 1 or 2 pages showing off the kit after it has been painted by a professional. But I do agree with you that the price is steep compared to many gundam kits and that Hasbro/ takara have yet to learn how to make lower end/ cheaper model kits.

19. parraman

parraman IRONHIDE FTW!

I think the stomach area should have been a little bit bulkier but great scale with the Human Alliance Sam.

20. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh okay. i'm glad we are getting these. i'd much rather have the opportunity to get these model, than them not existing at all. it's nice to get, what is basically a poseable statue with a gimmick and far cheaper than a true statue would be. sure the gimmick isn't transforming, but it's getting to put all of these separate pieces together to make a screen accurate robot (in primes case). i really hope we get a megatron, starscream, or shockwave.

it's nice that there are fellow transformers fans/hockey fans in this world. let's see.. boston is home on monday.. so i assume the canucks will get blown out. but wednesday should be a different story. the first two games of this series were awesome games, and i bet you'd agree with that if the bruins had won. first goal in game one scored with 18 seconds left, then an overtime goal (what, like) 11 seconds into overtime.

and tim thomas pulled a total hextall when he nailed henrik sedin. that was awesome.