Pictorial Review of TFC Madblender (Mixmaster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by pingth, Jan 20, 2012.

1. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't quite make the legs closer together due to the grith of structor and madblender (both being voyager figures) and the ratchet count you are able to adjust on the thighs (ie from heavy labor).

2. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

So, Neckbreaker is in at bbts and I presume several other places... anybody have an idea when Madblender's coming? I was under the impression the last two were originally coming in March and April respectively. If this was true, I wonder if they pushed to get ahead of Giant's release dates.

3. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The stability is good as far the feet are concerned. Joints seem ok for me so far except that the elbow joint / swivel of my neckbreaker is a bit loose compared to exgraver, not sure if it is just my figure. If it is just my figure, I guess I'll try to figure out much later how I may try to tighten it or something.

I have seen people posing hercules on one foot and the other making a kick, I am not really a huge fan of that but I guess it can be done. I haven't done any ratchet joint change to the heavy labor as well, just keeping it as a spare at the moment.

4. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally do not own THS Optimus Prime, so can't fulfill that request for now but I can try to take photos of other similar figures of similar size to THS Optimus Prime. I think perhaps the more appropriate figure to match the Hercules may be the classic Optimus Prime, I can try to take a picture of Hercules with classic Optimus Prime but I think most people would have already seen that in some preview pictures of Hercules whereby Hercules was handing the classic Optimus Prime by his head etc.

Otherwise I think another tfw member did mention that he owns the THS Optimus Prime and he will be able to post picture of that with Hercules at a later time. I have to be out today, so will try to get take the picture of Hercules with some other classic figures much later on.

5. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess each to his/her preferences.

6. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The mixing drum on madblender can actually be split into 8 parts, I like to attach them in the manner I did in the pictures but you can use the quarters of the mixing drum and you'll have 8 quarters altogether to attach at the many ports (mech tech ports ?!?) they have on the madblender figure, then each piece may then appear to be smaller.

7. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm, I didn't think of that. Good question, I'll explore much later on and let you know again as I have to be out today.

8. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess it is a goodwill Chinese kind of thing. They tried and I guess they managed to complete the entire set before Chinese new year or before all of them go for their Chinese new year holidays, which can be an extended kind of holidays for the Chinese especially at the china side (about 15 days which equals to half a month). Hence that was why they factor it some buffer and state the date of release to be much later, but they did it and everyone can enjoy this epic set much earlier than expected.

Also thanks to Robotkingdom where I bought my entire set from, they are the online store based in HongKong. I (and I believe many others as well) am able to receive our Hercules set before the Chinese new year is also because of the effort they put into packing and shipping before the festive holidays!

9. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    One more to go!

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is the last one. can we see a pic in his g1 configuration? (drum on back, center of the chest shield as guns above his head, and wheels along his arms) looks great though, i can't wait to get mine

11. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, am out so I am not able to take pictures of madblender in this configuration, will try to do so when I am able to if other members who has madblender has not posted the picture in requested configuration.

12. maxirod

maxirod Well-Known Member

This is beyond my wettest dream......

13. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been out of purchasing tfs for a while amd am in the mode of downsizinf my collection to those items I really want, but this beast just dragged me back to the spending table. Just pruchased all 6 figures...4 from toy arena w/free shipping, 1 from BBTS, and 1 from robot kingdom for only a few dollars more w/shipping!

So excited! Hoping this doesnt reopen the flood gates!

14. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Looking at the 5 on my desk right now, hoping Madblender shows up today. I've resisted the urge to combine them so far. Havent even transformed any of them into their "limb" modes yet, but damn it's tempting.

15. wontonbot

wontonbot Active Member

i preordered both from robotkingdom and apparently they shipped both on the 17th...its out for delivery for me today...cant wait!!!

16. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi, when I got home, I tried to see if the cement drum can be fitted at the back of madblender and I guess the answer is no, but for the laser / guns (which is the chest shield) to be attached over his head, that is not a problem. Please see the picture:

[​IMG]

If I am to mis-transform madblender, then the drum can be fitted at his back but it just make the robot mode looks stupid:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I guess for myself personally, I don't see it as a big disadvantage or problem fitting the different parts of the mixing drum as laser / canons elsewhere etc.

17. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The picture below shows the closest distance I can possibly put the feet of the combined mode. I don't have a THS Optimus Prime, but I do have a DOTM cyberverse Optimus Prime, I think they are of similar size if I am not wrong. So it size difference looks like this:

[​IMG]

And more than that, I used a classic Henkei Optimus Prime as size comparison which I thought is the more appropriate scale:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for the pics, the mixing drum was the lowest of priorities out of the three things, the arms look ok, and the lasers over the head help the bot mode incredibly. mixing drum can stay as guns lol

19. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I am a bit disappointed that the drum can't store on his back without looking ******ed. Oh wells, life goes on.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a way to mistransform him so he actually has light piping?