Pictorial Review Od CDMW-15 The Kings Foot Parts

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Terrorcon_King, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Effectly this time it's very disappointing... also for me that like their stuff ! The full visual result is a very bad ass Predaking, so I'm happy by the way this set is coming here, but CD has to understand that they have to test very well their add-ons before to put them on the market... it's unacceptable that it's happened a second time and also that they just knew this !! Very disappointing, really....

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trying for objectivity:

Don't get me wrong, I am no well-versed businessperson. But I am really feeling that CrazyDevy have nearly wrung dry the good will that'd continue to support the piecemeal release model they're following. I'm totally ready to believe there's an overarching reason for these ankle extensions for structural stability w/ all the other add-ons and such, but at a glance as a bystander, I'm seeing over $30 translate to a couple inches of height and an extremely minor aesthetic touch-up.

Ditching the piecemeal parts sales as a main marketing push, and bundling things together would be a really good decision IMO. It would be ideal for folks to be able to pick and choose how much they want to upgrade, but this release is a perfect example of something that seems incredibly weak by itself. These packed w/ the wings in a box would have made much more sense, I think.

Then again, I also dunno what CrazyDevy's long-term goals are, so maybe all is going according to plan(??).

Also it's good to hear that not everybody who went for these got damaged Headstrongs as a result, but I would be lying if I said the opening review's scratch report didn't make me sigh "Oh CrazyDevy" a little.

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    On balance I'd prefer an undamaged Predaking.

4. The Wombat King

The Wombat King Ruler of a distant land

This is for those that are actually here looking for info on this set.

The gray is a little different from the color of the newest reissue's feet. Not really noticeable or a big deal imo. It seems to match more the color of Tantrum's tanks and hands. Tantrum's gray does not match Predaking's feet either btw. I don't know how it matches the original Predaking or the first reissue. I do know this new reissue of Predaking has changed some of it’s colors from the original. The red and black are different. This new reissue’s Predaking feet and hands seem to have more of a sheen to them I do not remember the original having. Someone else would have to confirm that though.

My Predaking does not lean with Tantrum’s legs extended. I do not have an original G1 Tantrum to test it on. This is just speculation, but if your Tantrum’s legs are loose and slide in and out with little effort this could possibly be a problem. If you are like me and leave your Predaking on a shelf for display only you could probably put a piece of any solid material behind Tantrum’s legs to hold him up. Again, I can’t say for sure if this would be an issue or not.

I’ve removed and reattached the piece for Headstrong several times now to see what could potentially be a problem. If you line the bumps on Headstrong’s feet up to the tracks on the CD piece it slides down and pops into place with no trouble. Once on it is a snug fit, and when pulling it off it slides slowly. The only thing I can see is if you don’t line the bumps up to the tracks it will not slide on unless you use a lot of force. Maybe that is what CD meant on his instructions? I don’t know, but mine is having no damaging issues what so ever. Not saying this was the issue with the original poster. He very well could have got a bad CD piece or a faulty Headstrong.
    I also tested it on an old G1 Headstrong I have and ran into a problem that was my fault. I couldn’t get the CD piece to connect. I was lining everything up properly, but felt a lot of force would be needed if I were to go any further in attaching the piece. Then I noticed that little stability piece on the back of Headstrong’s legs was folded down. Once folded back up the CD piece popped right on easier than it did on my reissue.

I’m not writing this to defend CrazyDevy as a business. I think that company used extremely poor judgment in dealing with Optibotimus and the wings issue. I’m writing this to inform those that may see the front page of TFW (imo they should not have quoted anything and just said this was a review thread) and assume this is another piece like the wings. It is not. I hope this has helped.
    Oh and thanks to Vangelus and others that have tried to bring some objectivity to this thread.

5. MethKitty

MethKitty it's about the podcast!

News Credits:
    i think the feet look really good, sure they may be high priced but i think they really help to fill out the foot area of the king.

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    so basically you are paying $40 plus to get about 1/4 to 1/2 additional height on predaking?

Nice gimmick crazy devy :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :drunk  :thumbs2: 

and yet people keep spending $$$ on their "crap"

the sword is the only thing that is 1/2 interesting to me --if they had made it 1/2 it's size...what they made is freaking crazy rediculious

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The predasocks are 30, not 40.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    their still in business because the "cult of crazy devy" still seems to harp and fawn over their products...wtf i have no clue?

Back when i was growing up...if someone made something that broke or caused harm to your property...you did not reward them by buying from them again....crazy devy just seems to have "fucking crazy ass customers" it seems

9. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    here is what will be epic....

a year or two down the road...when the crazy devy craze dies down...how much do you think someone will get for all those new crazy additions added onto a predaking set they decide to sell?

$10. $20> $50 more than a non gussied up predaking?

I am willing to be not damned much.

10. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    If you're buying these to scalp them in a few years, then whatever, good luck to you. But what's wrong with the people who buy CD parts and "keep them in business" just wanting a genuinely better looking Combiner to display? Me, personally, I only keep up with all these CD threads because I like seeing how they upgrade the original G1 combiners and are pretty much the only thing even keeping me interested in collecting TF toys right now.

All the stuff CD has released so far and I can honestly say I can count the number of people who's posted about problems they've had with their stuff on one hand. People are always gonna have problems with toys, but it's no different than ANY other toy that gets reviewed anywhere but I'm guessing the only reason they get so much hate is because the threads are pretty small to begun with.

Other people have already stated their foot-parts work perfectly and when I get mine, if I have any problems with these feet add-on's, I'll be sure to post it, but so far I have no complaints with the parts I have so far and everything works as described. I'm still trying to find out why people sound so personally angry at them though?

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    here is a picture stick drawing via internet bulletin board...

1. company sells over priced add on parts.
    2. customers that buy said parts have problems with said company accusing the customers of breaking the transformers when they file complaints about said parts.
    3. company personally attacks said customers for "badmouthing" said company

do you really need it any clear or plain than that??

12. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    It's funny how some people get on this thread and bitch about the quality for someone else. I understand if it is a mould defect but seems like its only a few that have the problem versus everyone who has it has the problem.

13. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    1. don't buy it then
    2 & 3 are about clearly about ONE board member and yes, it was pretty bad and kind of immature of them to do it

so, if that's all it takes to get you guys riled up then ok, you've made it pretty clear and there's no point continuing this discussion:thumbs2: 

14. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    if you dont like crazydevy fine, but do not insult us who do enjoy their upgrades and spend our hard earned money on them, what right do you any of you have to insult someone for likeing something you do not, by the way does that mean we have a ton of trolls on this thread?
    ( Im not saying to not talk about all the pros and cons of the upgrades, just dont personally attack those who do buy them)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  15. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    amen bro

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yoh,

I don't mod Feedback but if you'd like my take?

-CrazyDevy caters to a niche, and despite a crippling PR blunder they still have that niche and there are a small number of people who are interested in their product. Heavily scrutinizing CrazyDevy is fine and within reason, but taking the first swing at directly denegrating people who choose to give them business is only going to make these threads unpleasant and pointlessly combative. It drains the objectivity out of the discussion.

-CrazyDevy has made enough questionable business decisions to objectively warrant a lot of the criticisms they get. If you like their stuff it's your right, but sometimes I feel like people can at times get a bit overdefensive and misconstrue a criticism of CrazyDevy as a company, as a personal attack on themselves as buyers. When you start taking a crit of a product as a crit of your character, it's really recommended to step back and type in midair for a bit.

I'm sure we can all agree that the entire tone of these recurring CrazyDevy discussions would be more uplifting if the posts stayed closer to the topic of the company and their product, and not deviate too deeply into the character of people who do or do not support those products, right?

I don't want to cause the thread to derail any harder (ie: please don't start quoting and replying to this post in here), so let's all be awesome and refocus onto CD and their wares.

17. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    and that is why he is a internet personallity... "he's so well spoken" hehehehe

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  18. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    first off i love it, i will love to take comparisson pics to find out exactly how much height he gains (appears to be around 2inches actually, when foot plates and extending the legs are considered) but just like the devy you can see that instead of being super short and stocky like his original self his overall appearance is gettin elongated and more cartoon accurate, bigger and badder :)  oh by the way he looks way better with stickers :) 

19. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Come On Guys,
    i just wanted to give my feedback for this addon,
    basiclly it comes down to this ether you like it or you dont like it.

lets all stay on track like Vangelus said.

Personally i like these addons, just the price and what happened to ME (theres the key word there) is a downer. that all.

if anyone has any questions or requests(ie: comparisson pics or whatever) ill be glad to take it.
    This thread is really getting out of hand, lets just focous on this item not the company or wether or not if CrazyDevy is stealing everyones money and not careing for QC or whatever

20. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    if you have another preds, i would love to see a stock preds next to crazydevy upgraded preds with the feet, wings and preferably the head, i understand your still waitin on the sword if you even plan on gettin it :)