Pics of Darksyde Tarantulas/Scorponok/Terrorsaur?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nkelsch, Oct 6, 2006.

1. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I was wondering, now that the BOTCON comic is out, if someone can post pics of Darksyde Tarantulas/Scorponok/Terrorsaur?

It was hinted that they were unique designs that may or may not correspond to existing toy recolors.

I would love to see some kitbashes or digibashes so we could see what a complete set would look like.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No scanner on me, but from my recollection...

I couldn't figure out who Terrorsaur or Tarantulas were, but Scorponok appeared to be Armada Smokescreen. Also, Air Razor was a brown+gold Energon Slugslinger with a new head (same shape, no derangement).

3. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Scorponok looks like Scrapmetal to me, but I could be wrong. The closest thing I can see that Terrasaur could be is Armada Thrust. I'm open to any other suggestions. As for Tarantulus, I'm seeing hints of Cybertron Sideways (what appears to be a Planet X force chip on his right shoulder). That mold would be fitting since both are actually Blendtrons.

4. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

Actually Scorponok looked pretty close to Energon Scorponok to me, but that is just what I saw.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I believed it was confirmed Tarantulus was descended from G2 Decepticons, not Unicron, as Megatron's "Unicron's Spawn" insult after his death was similar to calling someone "son of a b*tch". As for Cybertron Sideways, no such thing as Blendtrons there, and it's just the poorly-dubbed US cartoon that linked him to Unicron in any way.

Someone showed me a digibash of the Wreckerhook mold (MW Hoist, RiD Tow-line) as Tarantulus and it would work, they are very similar in head sculpt and a tow hook does make good substitute for webs. I wish they went with that route, we could have had another figure.

6. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Well, at the con I saw what looked like a collectors club comic that showed Soundwave aiding Unicron in receiving his new body (the tank). He even refers to him as "master." Likewise, there was a page from what looked like a Cybertron version of the MTMTE books, and in Soundwave's profile it says that he searched for the secrets to Planet X and found them, including the planet's real name, which was Unicron. So, as far as I can tell, these pages hint that the Planett X-formers are, in fact, Blendtrons. Hence, why I thought I thought that would work.

Having Tarantulus descended from the G2 cons is neat, but I've never heard that rumor before. But still, they are the descendants of the G1 cons and bots, are they not? (Unless they are directly descended from the Liege Maximo, and I don't think they are.) So, if the G2 Hub Decepticons are the descendants of the G1 bots and cons, then Tarantulus' line that the time storm would wipe out "Only those desecended from Autobot and Decepticon," would not make any sense, since that would kill him. So by saying he had "other origins" and with Megs' insult of him as Unicron's spawn, made me think the whole time that he was an agent of Unicron, sent by the Chaos Bringer to monitor Megatron, then at the right time, destroy the Ark and all of Primus' children. But that's my take.

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Like I said, that's US storyline that the Planet X Transformers were aligned with Unicron, so the US produced comic follows it as well. In the original story for Galaxy Force, Planet X was never related to Unicron. I dont even think the Chaos Bringer was brought up in the show at all.

Actually it would only wipe out the Transformers that came around after Optimus Prime's death and it was made clear G2 Decepticons were created long before Prime was even around. Tarantulus and the Tripredacus Council were thus immune to the time storm.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Come to think of it, you might be right about Scorponok. The only real thing I was seeing was the shoulderhook and forearm kibble, aheh.

...we need confirmaaatioooons... ;_;

9. nkelsch

Someone for the love of god post some pictures!!!!!!!

10. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Scorponok, upon review appears to be his BW body, with some "techning" done to make it have harder edges and details in line with mechanical forms. They then used the tail and claws from Energon Scorponok.

...Hmmmmmm

11. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

I don't think it was ever confirmed whether or not Tarantulas and the Tripredacus Council were indeed descendants of G2 Decepticons. If I remember correctly, Larry DiTillio's opinion was in support of the G2 Decepticons, while Bob Forward's opinion supported Unicron. I don't think a general consensus was ever reached. I could be wrong though.

12. T.K. Sunglasses

T.K. Sunglasses -

That's a possibility, but I always interpreted what Megatron was doing as not just for the immediate affects; i.e. with Optimus dead, I think the idea was that there would be nobody to stop the original Megatron and basically all the Autobots would be killed off. But since nobody knows how things would have gone without Optimus it's speculation either way.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  14. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

thanks dude

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They look like vehicle mode versions of their older versions. Scorponok has some cues from Energon / Cybertron, but his overall design is the original. Not a clue with Tarantulas, but Terrorsaur is spot on to his original transformation scheme. The booster chest and cockpit match up perfectly with the tail and head of his beast mode.
    With a lot of remolded parts, you could turn the original BW Terrorsaur into this one.

16. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I am disappointed, I must say. I wanted something I could kitbash.

I think I might just ignore those.

17. nkelsch

Thanks for the pictures...

Any picts of Airazor?

18. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

buy the originals and do an extensive kitbash, that is aways possible (except maybe Tarantulas, there's not much of him in the picture, maybe he is a cycle again?)

I actually prefer the looks of them than the real exclusives (only Rattrap looked decent enough IMO, but that's because I love that mold)

19. nkelsch

Yeah, I kinda agree. I think it would have just be friendlier all around to do a comic kitbash of those characters by picking existing toys.

Tarantulas seems to be some kinda hovercraft as he has giant turbines for his back and wheels on his arms.

I suspect he follows his spider transformation as well.

That teh sucks.

20. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I could make of the pics, Scorponok is a modified Energon Scorponok. Tarantuals is actually molded from a BM Strika. But, I think Terrorsaur was just a jet version of his beast mode. All of which are cool, but not as cool as the 4 Predacons that were on display at the show.