Pics and Review of MegaZone23 Garland

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Matrix Soul, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Megazone 23 is what some considered the father of the Macross series, this Garland figure, made by Yamato, is one of the most faithful transformation to date.

I wasn't exactly shocked to find that this figure had no diecast parts on him, but for his price point ($110) I would've liked some, for example, the leg would've been a great area for it.

Garland utilizes magnets for many of the figure's connection, so there are no visible pegs on the figure, which might also be the reason why the figure has no diecast, might be too heavy for the magnets.

I was not thrilled with Garland's hands, they are bit flimsy, can't really hold his gun as well as the Binaltech figures, and his left hand has a permanently extended index finger, it can get annoying, I would've like a switchable hand to pull off other poses.

The figure itself is pretty heavy considering how light the box is, but like the seller said, the weight was distributed well in the packaging.

The figure is quite poseable, although he had trouble holding certain poses, especially his right arm when holding the gun.

The pilot (Shogo) can sit on Garland in the Motorcycle mode, and he can also sit IN Garland for the robot mode, definitely a plus for me. Shogo also comes with different pieces that can allow him to emulate the look of wearing shades and communitcator, also shoulder pads, he's pretty articulated himself, but is not able to stand.

The gun can extend, though not far, and the gun pack can be detached.

While transforming you should handle with some care, some areas are bit fragile.

Now, the Pictures:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Pretty neat. He looks really killer, though I've never seen the anime so without knowing more it's hard for me to get excited.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    No metal parts? Wow, that's a kick a$$ model for sure.

6. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    well, there are the obligatory metal parts, screws etc, and the part that connects the two halves of the front wheel that swivels to form the shoulders are metal, just found that out today, other than that's about it

7. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    I guess I just noticed the similarities Garland had with other Valkyries, like the vents on the thigh, arm shape, even the body shape resembles the YF-19

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

thanks for the pics. while I do like it, I'm definitely not getting one now. seems kinda blocky, and for a hundred bucks, I want my 'bots detailed! not too keen on the fact that the driver sits inside like that, although I realize the macross world is of piloted mechs.