Picked up TF 8&9

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by KupDidntCThis, Apr 28, 2008.

1. KupDidntCThis

KupDidntCThis Autobot Smoke-a-Blunt

for 8 bucks together. yes the original series. i guess thats cheap. i have several of other ones. i'm getting into the comics more,and i like them better then the g1 cartoon.

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    You mean Marvel #8 and 9?

There are a number of reprints of issues 7, 8 and 9 making them quite common. Keep an eye out for that. So long as you enjoy them though look up issue #25 and the comics from #68 on.

Its good stuff.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    And I think IDW has a trade that collects most of the stories from the US continuity.

It is in black and white, but probably cheaper than tracking down issues.

4. KupDidntCThis

KupDidntCThis Autobot Smoke-a-Blunt

hmmm. how can you tell the reprint difference? it's not like it's super beat up. and yes i mean marvel. thanks for clearing that up for everyone

5. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

If you are talking about the IDW reprints of the individual issues, they have a "Generations" imprint underneath the Transformers logo. Also all the covers are new,with most of them done by current TF artist Nick Roche.

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    For the Marvel comics from the mid-80s, I think the inside cover will state if its a reprint in the blurb about publisher, copyright and publication information.

I remember there were these plastic 3 packs of comics available on the stands and Marvel's TF #7, #8 and #9 were sold as a bundle. I seem to recall though that these were all marvel second and third prints.

As for reprints, IDW and Titan (and others I'm sure) have reprinted with more modern technology almost all of these issues.

My favourites are #16 and #17 with Blaster on Cybertron. These were my first comic books ever.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I thought this thread was gonna be about issue 8 and 9 of the DW series, which are probably more rare now than the marvel series.

And yeah the titan G1 trades are still readily available for a decent price.