Pic review of HFTD Seaspray - Pic heavy!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Feb 23, 2010.

1. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    i still cant stand this guys awkward legs, but he still LOOKS cool.

[​IMG]

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Not sure if this would be considered digging up a zombie thread, but here goes.

Back in January of this year, when I first saw images of this toy, I had gone into massive nerdrage and just hated the fact that this toy would bear the name Seaspray and try to look like him. I called him Seaspray INO (In Name Only), I said he barely looked like Seaspray, I said that the movie aesthetic didn't fit him at all, and most of all, I said I would never get this toy because of all that.

I was wrong.

After nearly 11 months, my opinion had changed. After watching numerous video reviews, reading written reviews, and viewing galleries of this toy, I was finally proven wrong.

I was wrong about everything I said about this toy. I said that I would never get him because he barely looked like his G1 counterpart. I said that I would never get him because of his movie-aesthetic, because of the stupid flippers, because of the short-shorts-esque legs, because of the colors, because of everything else. I was wrong, and now, I take back everything bad I said about HFTD Seaspray.

In short...I actually want this toy now. Not because many others like it and I wanted to join on the bandwagon, but because this is the updated Seaspray toy that we're getting 17 years after his Generation 2 toy came out. And as a person who still owns a G2 Seaspray that holds a place in my heart as one of the first Transformers toys that I owned, HFTD Seaspray looks like a damn good stand-in for a Classics Seaspray. Hell, now that I want this toy, I'm gonna have to get Breacher to go along with him. Time to check out the nearest toy store to see if I can get this bad boy.

3. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, my feelings are the exact opposite - I was upset that they added yet another toy which was supposedly from the movie but which never appeared, and was obviously targeted at nostalgic G1 fans rather than movie fans - and I still ended up getting him, mainly because he was going really cheap from this seller on eBay and I was already buying stuff from him. I added him to the list, and actually quite like him now too. He's one of the cases where both movie and G1 fans like him, I think - he doesn't offend either camp.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I remember that. Kid, you went absolutely beyond the pale on that. Glad to see you learned your lesson, and I hope it never happens again.

5. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Bought mine today, the right foot unpainted missing blue color, lol. I got one of a kind

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I got him recently with the HTS 25% off ~ he's pretty good, nice and chunky and his transformation is unique and interesting.

The movie-ish reverse bird legs are a hindrance, and not only seem unnecessary, but largely at odds with the aesthetic of the rest of the toy. It's not a dealbreaker though. I'm almost more bothered by his stubby arms with elbows that are practically in his armpits.

But he's a case where the gripes are definitely outshined by complete package, which is just cool and fun looking. He just oozes character.

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have mine displayed with my Classics line and I think he fits in great, very happy with SS.

8. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    ZOMBIE!!!

Anyway i found a neat feature while messing with Seaspray and Breacher the other night.

Seaspray has Clip system points on his altmode. :D 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i am in DEEP love with this guy. his robot mode looks a marine diver... AWESOME. and then his vehicle mode is a hovercraft, like the marines use. he's the marine corps as a transformer. not to mention he's got AMAZING posability, ho-ly shit. dat head articulation... them ankle tilts... ALL OF IT. i don't give a flyin ass if you hate chicken legs, this guy makes em work more then starscream does. they make him so damn versatilte.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    You'd probably like the RTS Deep Dive repaint of it.

11. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    man... i was thinkin that, but seaspray was such a good deal, i couldn't pass it up.