Pic review of HFTD Payload - PIC HEAVY!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

"HFTD"?

2. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    It stands for Hunt For The Decepticons... the name of the subline Payload will be a part of.

3. Sky St0rm

Sky St0rm Well-Known Member

He's wayyyy cooler looking than Longhaul. That paint job reminds me of Energon Roadblock.

4. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Much nicer in person. Gald I have one.

5. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

As a shameless lover of the construction TFs, I love this mould and repaint, I just wish Hasbro would have sprung a little extra cash/effort on some CAT branding. Reprolabels, are you listening? :D 

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I cannot seem to find one that doesn't have horrible paint apps.

7. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'm really loving this figure! I skipped Long Haul because the colors and paint apps just weren't working for me. I feel like the colors and paint details on this version compliment the sculpt much better and just look sharper and more detailed overall - he looks like a 'premium' toy compared to Long Haul. Plus the alt mode in this shade of yellow gives me all kinds of warm and fuzzy memories of playing with my big metal Tonka dump truck. I'd love to see one of those bashed into a Transformer! :) 

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought Payload today as Long Haul's UK release was cancelled, he's pretty cool, transformation's simple enough, the paint is fantastic and I dig the automorphing in his chest, arms and legs. I actually like the alternate mode more, it's really solid and would make an excellent dump truck toy for my godson without him realising it's a Transformer.

9. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

The only thing I can say about this toy is that getting the legs to fold can be a real hassle at times...

But other than that, nice toy.

10. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this toy. Picked it up for 15 bucks at a recent meetup.

While I don't have Long Haul, I feel that the paint job on this figure does more justice to the mold rather than the Movie Accurate Long Haul paint job. This is just too lanky and kibbly to be believed as ROTF Long Haul, but the coloring on this thing just appeals to me in such a way that it doesn't really matter to me.

He is Payload, and he is an awesome figure. Hulking in stature, a figure worthy of the Voyager Pricepoint and Size, well worth the money.

Get Him.

11. Starscweam

Starscweam Well-Known Member

I agree with you Stune. I have Longhaul and didn't bother to get Payload. Yes he's one of the better molds from ROTF voyagers but it didn't warrant a buy of repaints for me.

Now looking at the picture comparisons again I might have to give a cheap used one a second thought....The paint scheme definitely looks better than the original imo.

12. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have a problem with his (I think driver's side) front tire not spinning in alt mode? Too much friction from pressing against his own knee. The other side doesn't have this problem.