Pic Request

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crazymadman, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

can i please get a pic of Animated grey Shockwave standing near Animated Purple Shockwave.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  4. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dude you rave way too much about your "better" pics. i mean they aren't even at the same height or angle, plus there is some sort of yellowish hue around the picture, i dont know man. Plus I see your paint/erase marks on the left side as well.

5. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

6. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

Calm down man, I was just teasing. But if you look at your pics can you really say anything?

Yes yours are at the same height. But artist interpretation. Op never said "can some one take a pic of them side by side at the same pose and same height" so no big deal. You took a pic of them at the same height and pose. And I didnt. but lighting can be helpful. You provided pics way early and i commend you. My pic just shows uniform lighting and my erase marks were to hide the edges of my backdrop

[​IMG]

VS. my pic

[​IMG]

But thanks for the tip. I will work on those problems in my pics.

7. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i know i was just teasing back as well. i have tried to get better with my back drops and tried numerous things. i try a few different things in p-shop but ahve to watch the contrast sometimes as you can see shockwaves horns dissappear a little, as does tformers with alot of white.

what do you use as your backdrop and ground level? is that plexi?

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's pretty much what I use for my basic set up, I used this "how to" to build the tent that I'm using. For a backdrop I just use a piece of regular white poster board dull side up, it's what I used to do these (shameless self plug :D  ). In addition to adjusting the white balance on your camera, I also find it helps to turn the exposure up then I just run them through the "Smart Photo Fix" option in Paint Shop Pro and *boom* they're good to go :) 

Hope that can be of some help.

Oh yea... apparently this thread has been highjacked :hijacked: 

9. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

Yeah like Th0r4z1n3 said, a large piece of poster paper works. Even gift wrap. Something long so you can curve the paper to be the ground and back drop. As for the reflection, that is a trick i picked up from SydneyY. Yeah a piece of plexiglass.

Even if you are using a simple point-n-shoot camera, you can control certain things to get a better picture.

1. ISO setting. Try to use the lowest number
    2. White balance. play around with incandescent or florescent settings if you are indoors.

another tip is to use the self timer and a tripod. If you use a low ISO setting the picture will take longer to take in all the light. so small movements will blur the picture. That is why sitting the camera down or a tripod is great in combination with the self timer.

If you have a photo program, it can help with balance, contrast and levels.

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You might want to also find a way to not overexpose your whites so much that the whites on the figure can hardly be seen against the white background. It looks like a software contrast adjustment which makes it even worse; it looks atrocious. Just some constructive criticism, not trying to be mean.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    ^ white figures on a white background = pain in the arse. I found that setting the camera so that I have a slightly grayer background than I would with a normal figure & then fixing it in Panit Shop helps a little bit, but I'm still experimenting with trying to get consistent with that.