Pic Request

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hi. I figured that since asking this in the Feedback didn't work, that I should ask this in the Toyark. Can anybody post a picture of a size comparison of Cy. Galaxy Force Optimus Prime's Matrix, or the origional paintjob of that mold, with Cy. Armorhide? I want to customize my Armorhide into a true prime, and I want to see if the Cy. Prime's Matrix is the right size for it. Thanks for any help with this. Peace out.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So let me get this straight. Your going to buy a Cyb Prime SOULY for the matrix so you can customize your Armourhide into Prime? I suggest you scratch-build a matrix instead, Primes matrix is a little big on him.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No. I'm going to make a mold and cast another one. I just need to know if it's the right size for the job. I plan on getting a Prime anyways. I'm just trying to decide between Cybertron Prime and 20th Ann. DVD Prime. I'd rather save some money and go for the repainted Cybertron Prime. If the matrix is about the same size as 20th's, because I've actually held one before, than it should be the size that i need. I basically plan on ripping out the missile stuff in Armorhide's chest, and make it so that a matrix can fit in there. Peace out.

Edit: I just got a response In the Feedback section. It turns out that Cy. Prime's Matrix is too big to fit. I'd rather not try to get a hold of a 20th Prime's Matrix. I'd also rather not even try to scratch build one. Does anybody have any ideas on what Matrix is easy to get a hold of, and that would fit into Cy. Armorhides chest after it's disected? Thanks to anybody that helps. Peace out.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

maybe the one the came with the 2002 new year prime reissue or the galvatron reissue?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Their probobly be too big still. If you have an Arm Optimus prime, you could make a mold of the on thats in his chest, make two, then glue them together. Also, I assume you know how to make a mold for parts, how would you go about making a mold for a matrix? I ask because I've got parts I would like to replicate.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    yeah, you can pick up a set of Evil and Good matrixes on necklaces from an online store, for about $16 a set. I cant remember where though, if you do a search of the Kitbash forum, look for 'Kitbashers, Matrixes' in titles, you should find it.

7. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I have a set of those for sale right now.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. Molding/casting of new parts is somewhere in the Kitbashing sticky. Can someone show me a picture of some of the stuff that you're talking about. Specifically the neclace things. I don't have an Armada Prime, so I wouldn't be able to do that, but I do know what you're talking about there. I'm thinking even a G1 Matrix would work if i could get my hands on one. Thanks for all and any new help. Peace out.

9. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I got a KO matrix necklace pretty cheap on e-bay once, but it'd still probably be too big...hmm....I can't think of any other ones...

10. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I have an extra 20th Prime Matrix.

No idea how that happened though...

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I might be able to help a little. I bought this custom Matrix from a very nice man at Botcon 04. I got curious myself and got them out for ya, as you can see in my pic below, it fits perfect. :) 
    Here's the site: http://www.bottsandboltz.20megsfree.com/index.html

[​IMG]

be sure to post pics!

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That would work because of it's size, but it's too expensive to justify using it. I also got a better look at 20th Prime's Matrix while at Wally World, and it's definetly too big. What about a G1 Matrix?

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    There's no such thing as a G1 Matrix. There was on released in a reissue prime but it's probobly too big and expensive.

14. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
  16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I realize they're a bit spendy to get ahold of, but one of the THS line matrixes would probably work. I'll check mine out tonight if I can dig out my THS Convoys when I get home and try to get a snapshot or two of them. I actually think those would be a PERFECT match size wise though, as to my recollection you have almost the same size chest area on both THS releases at this point as you have on Armorhide.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'll try to remember to take a pic for you of 20th anniversary, Cybertron and the Good/ Evil "G1" Matrices when I get off of work tonight.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I not only need a Matrix that will fit his chest, but I also need another one of those trailers to customize. I can't seem to find anymore at my local Wally World. Does anybody know of another way to get a hold of one, preferabley easily and cheapley? Thanks again for any more help on this, you guys have been a real help. Peace out.

19. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

These are the necklace ones. I believe if you trim the edges a tad and the loops for the chain removed, it should fit perfect.

[​IMG]

20. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    What about a THS-02 Convoy matrix? If you could mold it that would be perfect for Armorhide.