Pic request (or info) Difference between Energon Demolishor VS Superlink Irontread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Neo-Bombshell, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Hello guys, a few days ago I got a cool Superlink Snowstorm. I was surprised that he had some color changes compared with the Energon that made him look cool.

Now today, my Energon Demolishor broke his little arm and I will have to look for replacement. My question:

Is there any difference between Energon Demolishor and Superlink Ironthred?

Can anybody post a pic of Irontread?

Thanks!

2. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    *bump*

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

generally with the AEC toys, they are generally the same as the ones in japan. BUT the japanese ones just tend to have more paint applications, that's all.

i do not have energon and superlink demolisher to know what they have changed.

but i do have a few cybertron toys and galaxy force toys. basically from what i can tell is, for example, Galaxy Force Jetfire has painted yellow lights on his wings while the Cybertron does not. the majority of the figure's are unchanged, other then more paint applications

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought SL Nightscreams look rather different from Energon Starscreams? I have been wanting SL Nightscream for a while :( 

Anyway, here are links to Irontread images at Ebi -Kobo and TakTom official ones. He looks the same as the Energon one I have. Hope this helps a bit :) 

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

don't know myself. i do know that the "g1" version of that toy, looks very different. like i believe the japanese one still has the "scar" and still has clear weapons while the american one does not. the american one also i believe has more g1ish colors too.

i know the japanese bulkhead has brighter green colors then the energon one too. but from what i've seen, just with tfu and what not, there are not much differences between energon and superlink toys. though i do believe that the combiners may have differences.

oh and i know arcee is much pinker in superlink too.

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    They are pretty different. The US release is in the top pic, the Japanese release in the bottom pic.

The US release paints both sides of his wings, paints over the scarring detail though it is still there, and has a darker shade of blue in the blue parts. Also, the US release has solid color weapons and no energon weapons, while the Japanese release has clear blue weapons and clear yellow-green energon weapons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In regards to Demolisher...I think the only difference is that the brown colors on the US release are a big more 'orange'. It's really minor though, hence why there is no demand for the Japanese release.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks guys for the info!

Counterpunch? I appreciate the pics :)  Nightscream R seems to be common enough, but I don't see the original deco Nightscream often :( 

8. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    He does show up on occasion...unlike Superlink Wheeljack.

(who I got for a mere $20 at BotCon last year, +1 for cp)