Pic Request: Iron Man w/Universe Figs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Can anyone post some pics of the iron man figures from the movie beside any or all 3 of the Universe/Classics scales? ie Deluxe, Voyager and Ultra.

I'm thinking about getting the Iron Monger, the Mark I, the torpedo armor Iron Man and the Titanium Man figs to use as non transforming sentinel drones...or something to the like. Can anyone tell me how the articulation is on these guys? Thanks in advance.

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I don't have any on me, but they're basically the Marvel Legends scale and articulation, so they're maybe as tall as Universe Sunstreaker. The articulation is good.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    about as tall as sunstreaker/swipe and head is level with stormclouds chest
    [​IMG]

4. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    How big is Iron Monger compared to them? Also which Iron Monger has the best articulation?

5. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Iron Monger is a good inch taller than Iron Man, so he'd be up to Stormclouds chin or higher.

6. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Sweet, I'm thinking of doing my own Marvel Crossover using different Marvel Villains such as Iron Monger, Titanium Man, Ultron etc. Just need to find some good guy marvel figs that are on scale with the Classics/Universe line i.e. aren't the same height as a deluxe.

7. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Marvel Superheroes Fury Files

GI Joe Scale marvel heroes.

These actually put movie hulk toys in scale, and ironmonger in scale. As those figures are out of scale in their toyline to other figures.
    Ironmonger 2 is the better route to go for leg articulation, as ironmonger 1 doesn't have leg articulation.
    Also you can hollow out Ironmonger 2's cockpit, and fit Joes, or Fury Files Ironman in it for a true Hulkbuster ironman that's in scale to movie hulk. Joes are also in scale to movie hulk.

The 3.75 inch scale is also perfect for Animated Prowl, Oilslick, the cybertron Harley, among some others if you wanted figs that could ride them. Otherwise for human sized you'll have to resort to the TF movie human figs. As they are closer to the Classics Car scale.

The other nice aspect to getting a movie hulk fig, ironmonger 2, and fury files is that you can have a Captain America that's in perfect scale to those two now. Besides the other avengers, and heroes like Daredevil or Ronin. Grey Hulk in fury files is the only inscale hulk of that line. For green Hulk, his movie line is the better scale. The soldiers in that line are already Joe sized anyway.

Movie Ironman is too large in comparison to those, though for some reason obediah stane ironmonger is in scale to them.

That's pretty much why I'm extremely excited over Marvel Superheroes Fury Files.
    GI Joe scaled Captain America and Ironman. Cap can even have his pick of motorcycles to use.

Edit
    Crappy quickly taken pics to show off the joe to classics to monger to hulk comparison.
    Yeah that's a custom hulkbuster ironman I built, will be selling him later as fury files approach so I can kitbash the pilotable armor variation. Plus this ilicits an almost Stane selling weapons to destro type vibe.

[​IMG]
    the top of Bass/Forte's head fin is the same height as cobra commander. CC is about an inch shorter than BB. The only classic whos is really about the same height as them. xD Cobra Commander hits about the waist line of monger, maybe the crotch if monger is fully erect and not squating like in my photos, and about the stomach region of Universe Prowl. So that makes Fury files about that size for comparison.

[​IMG]
    As you can see here, Stane Monger and Motion Revive have the same size heads, which means the same size heads as Joe and fury files too. Which are comparable to Mattel's DC Infinite Heroes (though those suck in articulation). As seen in the IM movie anyway, Monger is supposed to tower over stark, whereas in movie line they are like nigh the same height. Heck movie IM is the same size as Movie Hulk just about. =/

Another awesome aspect is these are also to scale to the new Yamato Bubblegum crisis line. You can see priss and her motoslave behind monger. And also in scale to microman for Casshern or if you prefer better articulated DC figures, the microman supes, bats, cyborg, and supergirl.

I've been trying to create something similiar for a new Fan Fiction Terrorist Organization I'm making.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DeceptiCobraShocker. Though I need to think of a better name for them. This is why Fury Files is so appealing to me since I already have Kamen Riders (the first, 2nd and v3 in particular at least for this even though I have the rest Motion Revive...) that fit in scale to joes, so Cap rounds it out as the perfect internationally represented team to combat this. Especially if a decent fury files doctor doom is made (though I'd prefer doom 2099).
    Also, the Ben 10 small heroes collection is perfect scale too, as will be the Mattel Infinite Heroes line for DC. This pretty much gives you a large roster of human looking characters in marginally near scale, while putting the IM line and Hulk line back to massive as they should be.

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

Are these guys already out or are they coming out soon? They sound perfect! I'd love an Iron Man who is in scale with the Classics/Universe figs, I wanna pit him in a battle against the Seekers in an homage to the Iron Man movie. :D  :D 

9. Deadend

News Credits:

Sadly, not till spring. >_<

I wish they were right now.

Finding the links now for it.
    Marvel News Reviews Images and more - MarvelousNews.com

Marvel News Reviews Images and more - MarvelousNews.com

and the official site
    furyfiles - default
    The countdown on that site is speculated to be when they are going to be released, which coincides with hasbro's spring remark. (countdown ends on march first)

Mattel Infinite Heroes
    Action Figure Insider Galleries: Mattel- Infinite Heroes (page 1)

Hope that helps. =D
    Personally I'm planning on getting a few GCPD figs and Commissioner Gordon instead of the Impossible toys fanzone. Don know, just seems more perfect to me this way. xD

It's still a tiny bit bigger than classics scale, but it's the closest that'll be released so far. At least it'll be easier to find planes in scale to that as opposed to the marvel legends like scale.

10. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Sweet. The bigger scale guys I'm gonna get are Iron Monger and Ultron. I wonder if they have an Iron Spider planned for future release? Would be neat having an Iron Spider mold that's on scale with the classics.

11. Deadend

News Credits:
    I hope they do, they have waves planned for fury files all the way to 2010 so it's possible.

Iron Spider would rock. As would Dr. Doom, War Machine(all versions), Elektra, Ms. Marvel, Doom 2099, Ironman 2020, Red Skull, Nick Fury (both versions), and Nova.

Ultron is a pain in the ass to find a nice sized one that looks movie stylish, so I have no clue what a good version of him will be.

There are 3 available that I'm aware of.
    Avengers United we stand. 6 inches
    Marvel Legends Legendary Riders figure. Wave 11 I think? 6-7 inches.
    and Toybiz's Vault short lived villian series. about 5.5 inches

United we stand I think looks the best, legendary riders comes with a glider and massive body, and vault has shackles for being in prison.

I've been leaning on United We Stand Ultron, but I want movie style, so I'm hoping Hasbro will filter him into the IronMan movie line, if not, I may have to wait till the avengers live movie, and even then I don't know if he'll be the main villian. Hasbro has yet to grace us with their rendition, only the toybiz figures of him have been made. I personally feel the Toy Biz sculpts don't do him justice, but United We Stand seems to be the closest accurate approximation though he's too lengthy and not enough bulk.

12. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Was leaning towards the Legendary Rider version but I wouldn't mind seeing a toy version of him like this:
    [​IMG]

Anyways I'd love to be able to get a lot of marvel figures and have them in scale with my TF collection.

Thanks for all the help.

13. Deadend

News Credits:
    That's what I'm talking about for a decent representation. =D
    That or the design used in the 'Next Avengers' animated movie

Legendary riders seems to have the bulk you want. I just loathe the head sculpt soooooo much on that version it's hard for me to even consider it.
    And no prob, I'm in the midst of this kind of switch myself, so I had all this info on hand anyway. xD Just great timing on your part.

14. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I was thinking about the alliances that could be made and so far I cam up with.

Decepticon/Marvel Villain Alliance:

Ultron
    Iron Monger
    Green Goblin - Oscorp could go a long way for the Decepticons.
    Titanium Man
    Apocalypse
    Gray Hulk
    Dr. Doom
    Sentinels
    Omega Red
    Juggernaut
    Venom

Autobot/Avenger Alliance:

Captain America
    Iron Man - Stark Industries could do a lot for the Autobots
    War Machine
    Spider-Man/Iron-Spider
    Black Panther
    The Hulk
    Human Torch
    Hawkeye
    Wolverine
    The Thing
    Silver Surfer

quite the line up if I do say so, though the Con/Villain alliance have the advantage imho.

15. Deadend

News Credits:
    Pretty badass, though you could even add in Cobra now, and just think of how big Galactus is in comparison to the smaller figures. Now imagine him then dwarfed by Unicron. xD

I've been trying to think of something more internationally rounded but having a hard time past KR First(Japan), Captain America(america), Ironman(has he ever cared about boundaries?), and Wolverine(canada). Silver surfer rounds it out awesomely though for a cosmic entity.

Your badguy line up is pretty sweet. I'm still trying to figure mine out past needing a decently done Ultron.

It just occured to me fing fang foom is now even more awesome scale with the smaller figures. =D

16. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I want Galactus to be a part of it too, him and the Sentinels. they just need toys that are to scale and aren't so hard to obtain as the BAF versions are.

17. Deadend

News Credits:
    I'm not sure but I think Toybiz made a galactus awhile back for the 90s fantastic four cartoon toy line. Not sure how many of those are floating around on ebay though.

Yeah, there's a 12'' galactus created during the 90s X-men/Fantastic 4/Ironman days.

Also a Silver Surfer line one called alien fighters he's in. Though that one seems short. And the expensive Series 9 B-A-F one.

All 3 seem pretty rare on ebay and other outlets. =/

Or not.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-Electronic-Large-Galactus-Figure/dp/B000DIMCH8
    This guys pretty big, but not sure on how cartoony the appearance you want for figures.

18. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm ok with the Ultron from the Legendary Riders series, kind of like his bat glider. Let him ride beside the Fury Files Green Goblin.

After I get a steady income I'm gonna try to get the BAF Apocalypse and a few of the BAF Sentinels, maybe 2 or 3 of him as they are plenty powerful alone.

I was thinking each Villain would have something to offer to the group.

Ultron - ability to interface with most computers and hack machinery with his virus makes him great for taking over complex computers and taking down firewalls such as those created by Autobots.

Iron Monger - a mechanical powerhouse and a genius to boot and head of Decepticon defenses against Iron Man.

Titanium Man - Brought in as a field agent as well as to help with threats caused by Iron Man's technology.

Grey Hulk, Juggernaut and Sentinels - brought in as power house to hold off any attackers.

Green Goblin - Offers a wide variety of technology to help advance the Decepticon/Sinister Alliance.

Dr. Doom - works along side Green Goblin.

Omega Red - his ability to drain energy makes him a great ally against Autobots/Iron Man alike.

Venom - brought in as a way to best spider-man since he's more powerful and has the ability to bypass his spider sense as well as use his symbiote to blend in with a crowd, he's great for infiltration into places such as Star Labs or S.H.I.E.L.D.

Apocalypse - Don't really know what he has to gain from all this ^.^;