Pic request- Igear seeker vs Has/Tak

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Orodruin, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about grabbing Igear's Sunstorm, but before I do I'd like to see a side-by-side of one of their regular (non-cone head) seekers next to an official Masterpiece so I can better compare them. Robot mode of course. Anyone able to help me out?

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    What's there to compare? They're almost exact copies, except for the hip kibble.

3. BlastKage

BlastKage Banned

I own iGear's Ramjet, & everything in Ramjet's jet mode lines up, unlike my Hasbro MP Skywarp. BTW, I'm new here...just saying.

4. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

I got both hastak and igears seekers dont have any pics tho but coneheads are on par if not better(and I doubt hastak will ever do the coneheads these are going to be the only ones imho) Igears g1 seekers (only got tc)qc wise are the same paint wise the igear ones suck big time its applyed well just very plain and cheep looking(would look up the hastak ones on ebay if you want nice looking ones).

5. Orodruin

News Credits:
    I'm mainly looking at the bulkiness of the limbs. I know the legs are different with the kibble but I want to get a good side-by-side look at it, and at the arms. The Official versions seem a little scrawny to me.

6. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    My quick and crappy photos - bear in mind that Thundercracker has a few more paint apps than the normal iGear seeker, and SW and TC have their thighs swapped.

The only difference in the arms is the communicator flap, and the null rays stick out farther. Other than that, they're the same size and shape
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hip kibble really does suck. It wasn't so bad when there was no alternative, but now....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rest of the album/any improved pictures will be here - http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad283/cax6ton/igear MP/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Thanks a ton man, that's exactly what I needed.

8. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    NP - I didn't think I would like these as much as the coneheads, but they're really growing on me. After adding a few paint details, adding the small 'no step' stickers from the coneheads, and doing the leg swap, I'm really liking Thundercracker and Starscream. All I need now are reprolabels. I plan to pick up Dark/Skywarp as well, if nothing else I'll just put his legs on the US version and mod the wings to accommodate.

I didn't notice until now that I assembled Skywarp's shin guard upside down :)  I'll be taking both figures apart again to paint details for robot mode, I guess he'll have to live with it until then.

9. Orodruin

News Credits:
    The legs look so much better with the hip kibble attached. I'm still hung up on parts of the design though, and I think that all comes from the jet mode being in scale. The torso looks too narrow to me and the cockpit chest seems too long. Maybe the next revision will suit me better. It sucks, since Sunstorm is an easy character to go completist on.

10. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Wow that leg swap looks great:)  I going to give it a go myself.

11. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The torso/chest area actually looks good in person. I see what you're saying about it, in pictures it seems to come out looking a little different. That could be because there's a lot of detail on the mold that doesn't always show up on camera, and that provides more visual separation of the parts. One other thing that seems to make a difference is where you put the head - on my TC pictures, his head is a little bit farther back toward the shoulder intakes. Notice how Skywarp's head is pushed forward, and it makes the torso look different. Because it's on a barbell joint, it's easy to miss if you're in a hurry to get pictures taken :D 

One other trick is to pivot the wings back down toward the body, closing the gap between the wing edge and the hip. I like to pivot them down and then angle them a little bit toward his back, rather than having them parallel to his back and arms. It gives the body a more unified look without that gap in the wings/midsection, and provides more clearance for the arms. It's so much easier to do that now that you don't have to make room for the hip kibble, but I'm still in the habit of leaving the wings spread.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012