Pic Request: Igear PP-01 Faith Leader with Classics Autobots

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 12, 2012.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I've been searching these boards, yahoo, and google all day trying to find this pic and I've had zero luck.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to sell my loose Classics Prime and MISB SDCC Universe Nemesis Prime so I can get this guy.

I've never been a fan of the Classics Optimus Prime mold. Too blocky, too much useless kibble, articulation sucks, and it's too far removed from G1 Prime.

I can't afford to get a MP-10 as an Optimus Prime stand-in for my Classics Autobots so, Faith Leader is the next best thing.

However, I don't want Faith Leader if he towers over my Classics figures like a giant.

So I need some help here. Please post your best Faith Leader pics w/the Classics Autobots.

Thanks in advance!!

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Just wait for a little while. A hasbo release for MP10 is inevitable.

Faith Leader is pretty old now, I don't imagine you can get him for much cheaper.

3. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    You definitely make a good point....I'll have to think about this. Thanks.

I still want to see the pics tho...

4. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    From the pics I've seen of MP10 with deluxe classics, he's way too big by comparison. Jazz looks like his son or a midget when side by side.

5. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks!!

Wow he looks alot bigger than those deluxes.

6. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Told ya. Just a few inches too big.

7. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for your help...it is definitely appreciated.

Do you happen to have anymore shots?

8. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

[​IMG]

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

10. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

How well does the G3 traler go with Faith Leader??Cool pic buy the way.

11. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

Thanks, and here you go:

[​IMG]

12. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

A little of topic, but goddamn, I love that G3 trailer. I got mine last week, and the quality is beyond amazing

13. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

For my Collection, I use the scale from the back of Transformers: The Ark by IDW Publishing. It’s the same one that the animators used for the original series. But I only use it as a rough guide, since it’s pretty rare finding a toy that matches perfectly. If I scan its pages and Grimlock is 366 pixels, Optimus Prime is 320 pixels, Prowl is 223 pixel, and Sparkplug Witwicky is 100 pixels, head to toe in every instance, all I need to know is one character’s height to figure out how tall someone else should be.

In this example, if Prowl (Classics) is 13.8 cm (roughly 5½”), then Optimus Prime should be 19.8 cm (7¾”), Grimlock should be 22.6 cm (9”), and Sparkplug should be 6.2 cm (2¼”). Classics Optimus Prime is 17 cm (6¾”), I’m told Faith Leader is about 20 cm (7¾”), and MP-10 is about 24 cm (9½”).

By the same token, if I assume that Sparkplug Witwicky is 1.78 m (about 5’10”), then I can figure out that Optimus Prime should be 5.69 m (18’8”) and Prowl should be 3.96 m (13’0”)

So, if you want an Optimus Prime that’s in scale with Classic Deluxes, it’s definitely Faith Leader, at least using the same scale that the animators used for Generation 1. Oh, and did I mention that Masterpiece Grimlock is 22.6 cm tall. The Human Alliance figures are a shade too short, at about 5.5 cm (should be 6.2). So you could have a HA Spike, Classic Prowl, Faith Leader, and Masterpiece Grimlock and it’s be almost perfect scale to the cartoon.

I’ve been told that Faith Leader can’t connect with the G3 Trailer, but that it will sit slightly elevated and if you don’t plan on actually rolling it around on the desk, it looks fine.

14. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thank you for this post....it is very helpful!!

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with this. I think the general consensus, in a nutshell, for G1 robot size are that the majority of the Autobot cars are around waist height to Prime, with the exception of Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker and the other slightly larger ones coming upto his chest area. The minibots such as Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are between knee and crotch height.

Decepticons seem to all be around Prime's height give or take.....bar the Insecticons, Soundwave minions and Reflector who don't seem to have a defined height.

16. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    There is a new, cheapish release of Faith leader coming - $75 or so from iGear iirc.

As for my shelves, Faith leader is my classics commander. Classics are slowly moving away from the new visions to more toon-like versions on my shelves between customs and 3rd party.

17. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Yeah the $75 preorder of the simplified version is part of what has me thinking about ditching all versions of Classics Prime and making Faith Leader my Classics Prime Stand-in.

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've been thinking the same thing myself. It makes the most sense.

19. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    It makes alot of sense because Classics Prime just isn't Optimus Prime to me.

I know that the Classics line is a re-imagining of these characters with better designs/engineering. But, Classics prime is not one of the stronger figures in the line.

I don't like the mold, and for me the only reason I still have him is because there isn't a better alternative....until I started considering Faith leader.

I'm still on the fence about this and I'd like to see more pics of Faith Leader in boardmembers' Classics collections before I make my ultimate decision.

20. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

You know what would seal this debate? If someone had a picture of Faith Leader standing next to Henkei or United Megatron.