pic request: gen warpath with space marine figurines

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transpasta, Jul 6, 2012.

1. transpasta

transpasta Member

i am considering buying gen warpath to go with my spehhs marens so it would be greatly appreciated if anyone would do this.

2. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I think you have to be more specific then that. Space Marines? That could be anything... Who do you mean?

3. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I think our friend here means the Warhammer 40K Miniatures.... Unless he means Marines from McFarlane's Halo toy line.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Buy him regardless. He's awesome.

5. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Seconded.

6. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This is your lucky day:

[​IMG]

7. transpasta

transpasta Member

thanks dude much apreciated

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Baneblade/Titan-former, ey?

9. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

Yep anyone could mistake Warpath's alt mode for a Scorpion from halo.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I had a lengthy argument with a friend once about whether Transformers could triumph in 40K. (They can and would.)

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno man. The Transformers universe feels very finite to me, perhaps due to the relatively few characters, whereas the 40k universe has all sorts of crazy, absurd bullshit (and I mean that endearingly).

12. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

No worries, happy to help.

It's weird but seeing this thread and the release of the new 40k rulebook last weekend is making me consider getting back into playing again... Funny really as I've sold off nearly all of my Games Workshop stuff in the last 6 months after having it in storage for around 15 years!

Oh and Transformers would totally kick ass in 40k :bay 

13. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

O lord have they released a new ruleset again. I bought the (then latest) rulebook a year ago. Didn't get back into it then, but was about to try to play some games again.. and now.. new fucking rules -_-
    Too bad my potential gaming partners probably aren't up to play 2nd edition, it was more charming and fun back then.. or maybe I am just old and nostalgic.

14. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thirded. Warpath is one of the best Deluxe figs ever made, no exaggeration.

15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

No lie, I've been thinking about kitbashing some Pirannas with Crisis suits to make them transformable. A buddy also told me I need to do the same with a Predator/Dreadnought.

16. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DAEMON_POSSESSED TRANSFORMERS FTW!

i've sort of at the same point. I recently unpacked my EC Chaos Marines and have been painting my chosen squad here and there. Sort of interested to see what will happen with chaos legions under the new ruleset.

One thing that really pisses me off though, is the streamlining of new armies towards new figures. I've been playing on and off for like 16 years, 6 years ago i had a fully painted, 2K+ Tyranid and Tomb King armies that i could bring to tournaments . Won first place in a 40K tournie, best-painted army a couple times, and generally had a decent time playing both systems. Both armies have had new army books since, and the many of the figures i have either need to be reconfigured (all my carnifex's for example, breaking arms off and repainting sux) OR are really really bad in the new rulebook. If i want to play my Tomb Kings or Tyranids again in any sort of competitive fashion, i'll have to go and drop at least 200-300 dollars on new figs just to field a somewhat cookie cutter army. Maybe i just had bad luck this round, but Tyranids and Tomb Kings seem to be relatively limited in their options for competitive lists.

It just feels like GW is writing some of the new army books in a fashion that forces you to buy the new expensive montrous creature type figs, and your old army/playstyle is now invalid (or just really bad)--- and then there are army books, such as grey knights, that just dominate everyone else cause they are broken. Youwould think after 30 years they would get the ideas of army balance and diversity of 'viable army builds" right. But it seems to be more geared towards sellings new cool looking Montrous creatures.

Just the same, i think ill pick up the new rules, and the new chaos dex whenever it is released.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    did the same with the skaven army the other day, thought about working on the army, then looked, all new (only three years ago i bought all new stuff) just packed it back up to sell later

18. G1Prowl

Two things swing the rules around to pointless imbalance: one, the need to sell new/nonselling minis which means that certain models will get perks in the rules/army book updates, and two, because some book comes out which needs to have an "edge" to entice people to buy the book. The whole armywide special rule thing in Fantasy comes to mind, such as Dark Elves Hatred and High Elves SOA. Everything was nice and balanced in 6th edition Fantasy with the exception of the way the Chaos books could intermingle, allowing for some hard to track combinations. From there it became army book one-up until the whole thing was so out of whack they had to reboot the entire system. 40K was the same until they started doing mutable genus/chapter traits/Guard whatever the hell they were called. It never really regained any balance from that.

The only thing that will get me excited about playing these games again would be about a year off of releasing books to dial the rules back to a balanced system, work all the books out at once, and release them that way so that one book doesn't have an unprecedented edge over the rest. Hell, they wouldn't even have to pay their designers for this, the gamers could easily link up on the community websites and pool resources to figure out what works and what doesn't. Have someone type all that out, have GW print it, and start working on advertising so we can get new players in instead of trying to get all the current gamers to switch armies.

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Warhammer 40K forces command weapons and psychic powers and magics that can tear holes into reality on command, summon demons, and turn entire worlds into living demons. When the Imperial Guard go to war 100 million soldiers is considered a tiny army, and each individual space marine can get a 100:1 kill/death ratio against anything in the galaxy. Chaos Space Marines are often the 10,000 year old Legionnaires that have fought during the Horus Heresy, and the Chosen amongst them have killed billions of sentient beings, conquered hundreds of star systems and countless planets, and have the direct favor of the Chaos Gods...the Chaos Gods are TRUE gods, powerful beyond mortal comprehension.

I have NO idea how anyone could claim Transformers would win. That's pure ignorance of the 40K universe.

20. G1Prowl

Predaking. Just off the top of my head, one Transformer who could dish it to one of those armies. Then take into consideration what the Cybertronian tech would be like in the future. Hell, Cybertronians have had teleportation for well over 4 million years, I'm sure there's something in their arsenal that could take out an entire Titan Legion.