pic request: backfire weapon mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vm-01, Oct 27, 2011.

1. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see pictures of this guy put to good use as a weapon. Preferably by leader Ironhide or Megatron but any figure will do.

2. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    This is an older pic I did for the cool stuff thread, I don't have a leader IH so I hope it's alright that's it's BB
    [​IMG]

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:

Attached Files:

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

It's perfectly alright. I was just editing my first post.

Thanks! The more the merrier.

That looks sweet!

I wasn't getting the leader IH but seeing this and looking at the stealth force mode in the fan-mode thread my mind has been changed. I'll have to ask for it as a gift.

5. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

I was on the fence with this one for a long time. We try to only get stuff that's in scale, and Leader Ironhide is just too big. Of course, ALL the other Ironhides are too small, so I thought it's better to go big anyway. We've had original Voyager, Premium Voyager, and we still have Recon Ironhide. This Leader is the best mold for us, even if it's inaccurate.

As an anecdote, my son says that this has replaced Leader Sentinel as his favorite toy. I don't share this opinion, however. :) 

6. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

[​IMG]

7. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I hold you responsible for making me want to spend money on movie toys this christmas. I already have Ultimate Optimus on my list but I might get Sentinel first and wait for this guy to go down in price. His price is still a little over retail while Sentinel is cheap and plentiful.

8. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'll spin this and just say that it's a good time to be a Transformers fan... possibly the best.

Hmm. This is tough. Sentinel has to be your number 1 slot. IMO, he is the best toy in DOTM BY FAAAARRRR. The character that it's based on is great, and the toy rivals Leader Prime as far as perfection is concerned. He certainly has more gimmicks and is playable like crazy. There is so much going on in this single toy from the unlockable sounds to the ridiculous and awesome engineering.

If we had to pick a second slot, it should probably be Ultimate Optimus as long as you can get him on sale and have Leader Prime already. As you saw in the fan-mode thread, the trailer is just so awesome. The Prime in the set is a junker, as far as I'm concerned, but man, the trailer is just so good.

Unfortunately, Ironhide comes in last, especially if you have Recon already.