photography query

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KA, May 10, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hi guys,

hoping experts can help me on this.

i'm experimenting with bokeh effects. my standard lens aperture only goes as lows as f5.6; instructions on the net require me to go as low as f1.8. any suggestions on how to simulate lower aperture value by combining with different function? (e.g. shutter speed, ISO value, etc)

thx.

2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    If you can't decrease your focal range with the lens you have, would it be possible to increase the distance between the object you want in focus and the object you are blurring?

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its not situation specific, so it depends, but i'll keep that in mind. does the proportional distance between camera to subject, subject to background play a factor?

any other advice?

4. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Without a max aperture that is 1.8-2.8, you'll need to be close to your subject but far from any background element. What exactly is the lens you are using?

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

wuts bokeh effects? You have the 18 to 55 lens, right? If you really want good closups with a large aperature your gonna have to get a new lens. I would suggest a fixed lens..meaning you cannot zoom. Just make sure it works with the d40 if you like auto focus.