Photo-box light question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Macross7, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What types of lights do people use with their photo boxes? Costs? Best place to buy? It seems when I use lamps I have, the photos turn out too yellow.

2. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    The yellow is probably partly a white balance problem. If your camera has an option to measure a custom white balance, that would probably help a lot.

My light tent uses 100-watt equivalent CFLs in aluminum reflector lamps, which you can get for about $5 each at most any kind of store with some kind of hardware department. If you can't nail down the white balance in the camera, you *might* be able to compensate in photo editing, but that's not an area I have a lot of experience with.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yeah, I just have some of those reflective lamps with the clamps on them that you find in hardware stores or pet stores in the reptile section. White balance settings are a big issue with yellowing, but make sure that you're not using a soft white bulb in the lamps. I use clear 100 watt bulbs in my lamps and I do a little photo editing as well to up the whiteness of the background.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got my light setup at Home Depot, 2 construction lights with 150 watt bulbs. It looks pretty white on its own but with a custome white balance it comes out pretty nicely. My last few shots were yellowed but it turned out my backdrop had actually faded.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits: