Phase Sixers Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Bumblemus Prime, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

I could buy Deathsaurus and RiD Megatron/Gigatron as part of them.
    But we'd just be guessing at this point.

As far as we know, still smashed to bits on whatever planet Metroplex had been on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was probably during the Constellate when the Decepticons had an actual Empire and were close to winning the war.

3. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Last appeared in Spotlight: Metroplex. Which was the most kiiiiiiinda canon thing ever

4. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

If they were close to winning, then it doesn't make as much sense for Black Shadow to be so willing to betray them for half a billion Shanix.

It's likely that the betrayal happened later in the war, when things were looking a bit more grim for the Decepticons.

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would definitely be open to Deathsaurus being a Phase 6er as well getting more Phase 6er back stories. Gigatron could be one as well but in his debut he felt like a random mid level villain, like Turmoil. IDW writers all need to step their game up when it comes to villains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundwave902

Soundwave902 The Lone Survivor

Would anyone be opposed to Megazarak being introduced to the comics as a Phase-Sixer who was the next to challenge Megatron?

• Like Like x 1
  7. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Quickswitch is an Autobot, so I'd venture he's not a P6.

8. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it does. Within the narrative framed by Roberts the Phase Sixers seem to be inherently rebellious and it's an issued raised by Tarn and Shockwave. And it makes sense that the Autobots would probably be desperate and close to losing to pay that kind of cash to a Decepticon heavy hitter. Not to mention destroying a fleet of war worlds would be the thing that would put a wrinkle to the Decepticon Empire.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gregles

gregles quintesson

Given the disproportionate number of them killed by the DJD I still think someone like prowl is feeding false information and intelligence to the DJD via double agents like brainstorm framing many of the phase sixers so the DJD neutralise their threat.

I think it would be prowl as he seems like the only one taking their threat seriously and taking action and the DJD seam pretty eager to believe guilt and get down to the torture side of their work.

Would be ironic that the one who everyone thinks is a humourless douche saved everyone and stopped the autobots from dying like ants years ago

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Ooh, neat, where'd he say that?

As for the answer... aside from likely Heretek, it could be some we simply haven't met. I can think of a number of 'cons that'd fit pretty well, Gigastorm, Tripredacus, Magmatron, BlackZarak, Shokaract...

I'm guessing 'mostly dead,' judging by their nature.

Sixshot was stranded on a planet last time we saw him!

I wouldn't bet on it based on both of them being commander-types by the look of it, and P6ers not being really given that role.

• Like Like x 1
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, so was Star Saber back in the day. Granted some people don't like him being a religious nut but I hated Japan's G1 so I couldn't care less about the old Star Saber or in this case who QuickSwitch's Daddy use to be.

I'm talking about the IDW-verse and building more plausible origins. What would make more sense than the Decepticon Super Warrior Project having some other undisclosed setbacks? It's not like they went that far back into Sixhoot's birth anyway. So Sixshot, Quickswitch and Gigatron could all be Point One Percenter's who all underwent a Sixchanger project via Shockwave in which one of them jumped ship or backlashed similar to IDW's version of Arcee.

This was billions of years ago so they could do anything besides more annoying spinoffs with other Hasbro properties.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Honestly we need more of those Autobots to be dead Autobot heroes who died fighting all these various uber monstronsities.