Phase Sixers Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Bumblemus Prime, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Just because I blew a bunch of money on the third party Overlord & Sixshot, now staring at me from my desk, demanding I both transform them endlessly & not touch them because they're too pretty...

What all do we know about Phase Sixers? & what do we not know?

- They are .1 percenters, but also appear to be similar to load-bearers, in that they can tolerate the untrunium bonding process.
    - They tend toward having dual transformations (Overlord--& Black Shadow? Is the TR transformation IDW canon?) or multiple modes (Sixshot)
    - They include Black Shadow, Overlord, Sixshot & possibly Heretech & Killmaster, but Killmaster didn't appear very Phase Sixer-y in LL
    - The DJD can kill them, between Tesaurus & Helex's smelting pool and shredder, and Tarn's voice. Which means that outliers can affect them despite the untrunium graft.
    - Sixshot, at least, had a verbal "off switch" built in. I can't recall if Overlord was afraid of a similar trigger? Devastation, IIRC, never really confirmed whether Starscream had unique knowledge of the shutdown switch or whether all upper-tier Decepticons did.
    - Autobots, presumably through lack of understanding the ununtrunium process, can't replicate a phase sixer. Their .1 percenters are almost there, and include "Fortress Maximus on a good day." We have seen that Fort Max can hurt Overlord if Overlord is distracted.

Questions that remain, at least for me:

- So does every Phase Sixer have a "mad dog shutdown switch" as in Devastation? If so, Megatron must have lost access to it before he joined the Lost Light, or Overlord would have gone down quickly in DotL
    - Can every .1 percenter tolerate the untrunium? Maybe this is why Heretech & Killmaster didn't become canon Phase Sixers
    - Can Sixshot take Overlord? Cuz my Overlord toy is taller.
    - Do the Autobots know the DJD can kill a Phase Sixer? Do they know much about the workings of Phase Sixers & the DJD at all? (If they did, presumably they'd recruit more outliers to kill Phase Sixers.)

Also I just realized Sixshot's name is a double-pun in IDW. Wowwwww.

2. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Overlord had a limiter put in him to make it so he couldn't sus out Megatron's weaknesses at the very least, and that that removed. A trigger might've been involved too, but is almost certainly gone now regardless.

They seem unaware that ununtrunium is involved, just that the P6ers are nigh indestructible.

Unknown, but the 'Cons seemed to not have enough for another go of the process when they made Overlord. Also Megatron never applied it to himself, so there may indeed be other compatibility factors.

Though they did have enough to give the DJD some ununtrunium plated weapons.

I'd think Sixshot has more raw power with his gun form and a mentioned special power generator, but Overlord's the more skilled fighter. My money is on Sixshot but either could plausibly win.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Yes, but they're not all the same. Six Shot's was a vocal command code that shut him down entirely. Overlord's was the... Achilles Virus? Am I remembering that, right? Apparently all it was good for was preventing him from identifying any weaknesses Megatron might have had, and said virus was removed by Shockwave during Last Stand of the Wreckers.

No idea what Black Shadow's was. Certainly not any kind've 'Don't do Merc work for the enemy' protocol, because he fumbled that one.

Doubtful. Every Point-One Percenter has a thing about them that seems to make them special, even among their small niche. Absurd levels of endurance were required to survive the bonding process. I doubt Minimus Ambus or Roller could've survived it.

I... don't... know... I can't envision a scenario where the two of them would ever throw down, and also give a toss about the scrap. Overlord can only seem to get his knickers up if he's certain it'll make Megatron cross, and until he gets a character intervention, IDW Sixshot is walking, talking nihilism.

Prowl had a mole in their organization for years. Autobot High Command has to know what they're capable of.

4. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Think you're confusing Phase Sixers and Warriors Elite. All of the ones you've mentioned (save Tarn) are Megatron's Warriors Elite, but only Black Shadow, Sixshot, and Overlord were Phase Sixers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bumblemus Prime

I wonder why not all the WE were turned into Phase Sixers? Perhaps Heretech and Killmaster couldn't handle the untrunium-bonding.

Or perhaps they didn't have Leader-class toys planned.

6. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

It's possible Killmaster "Died"/Rescued by the Necrobot before he had a chance to do so.

Heretech did go through the Untrunium bonding process. Overlord was apparently the last to go through the process.

Since we know that the DJD hunted down and killed Heretech, it's possible that he went rogue before the Phase Sixer protocol was put into place.

On a different note, I would like to see a toy with Heretech's little head matrix replica. Maybe one of the PoTP toys can do something like that.

7. ACMagnus

ACMagnus J O Y C O N B O Y Z

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like to believe that since Overlord was already trying to do his own thing, Megatron didn't want the other Warriors Elite to possibly turn on him as well. That being said, the extent of my IDW knowledge comes from just MTMTE, so I might've missed something between issues.

8. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Heretech, at least, was ununtrium-bonded, which indicates that that was a Warrior Elite thing rather than a Phase Sixer thing.
    I assume that Heretech died and Killmaster went missing before the Phase Sixers were instituted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calvatron

Calvatron Active Member

While not really stated anywhere, their history in the gladiator pits makes it a plausable explanation. Dealing with one is reasonable but the idea of having a group like that teaming up against you is a pretty big threat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bumblemus Prime

Tarn was commenting on this well after the end of the war, so I'm guessing the DJD killed Heretech around the same time they killed Black Shadow. So there's a good chance Heretech is the 4th Phase Sixer... or somewhere between Elite, untrunium-bonded, and Phase 6er.

11. Dramatic Spoon

Not necessarily.

There's a large amounts of gaps in the history of the Warriors Elite and Phase Sixers, so there's a lot of things up in the air, like when exactly the DJD was formed.

Given that Crosscut of Squadron X was able to pass as one of their members, and there's a version of the List with Starscream's name on it, it's likely that they've been active for a while.

Heretech, Sixshot, Black Shadow and Overlord were all given their Untrunium laced skeletons about a million years into the Great War, and it's mentioned that Overlord's Untrunium was some of the last they were able to dredge up, which might explain why Killmaster has no Untrunium.

We don't exactly know when Black Shadow went rogue and how long they were hunting him. Given Deathsaurus' presence on the list, and the fact that they've been killing his followers for a while, it's likely that it's not easy to hunt then down and find folks.

I think it's more likely that Heretech went rogue at some point prior to the Phase Sixer protocol, and he was hunted down sometime ago.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bumblemus Prime

None of this has answered my most important question...

How do I fit all three of them on a 15-inch wide shelf????

Look at poor Sixshot! Totally squeezed against the wall!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dramatic Spoon

get a bigger shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  14. raindance773

Actually, I would venture that Roller would have survived it, as would Grimlock, Megatron, Shockwave, Scorponok, Fort Max, and Optimus Prime. I would wager the "heavy weight" POPs would have survived the process, while the "load bearers," and any normal bot, would have died. The heavy POP seem to be bigger than the average bot, on average, and physically stronger. I would guess that the unique "soul" of the heavy weight POPs enable them to survive where other big bots, like Cosmos, would have died too.

15. raindance773

I've always assumed Heretech went rogue and took a while to find, and that Killmaster was MIA for a loooooong time.

16. raindance773

I think Heretech has been rouge for a while but it took a while for the DJD took kill him.

And I always thought Black Shadow destroyed the War Worlds after Death of Optimus Prime. Like, the Autobots paid him off to remove a bunch of starships after the war was over as an act of good faith on the part of the Decepticons, or to keep BS off the Autobots' bad sides. Either way, the act is so obvious and notorious it kicks BS to the top of the List, and kind of explains why BS was trying to tell Tarn the war was over when they killed him. Either way, I think Heretech died first given that Tarn knew BS was going to make a giant crater when he went.

17. Dramatic Spoon

Personally, I think it was during/shortly after The Surge.
    I don't think the warworlds incident happened after the War ended, because that doesn't make too much sense. We see Deathsaurus has a War World, but the Scavengers and Hun-Grr/Snaptrap's groups still running around and mucking about in lesser ships.

It seems more likely that the Autobots paid BS off to do it after the Surge in an effort to cripple the Decepticon's ability to travel and take advantage of the Autobot's weakened interspace travel abilities.

18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

No way! The Decepticons didn't have anywhere near the resources to have a full fleet of war worlds at that point- the final ages of the war were characterized by resource crunch. If they did, they would've had plenty of reason to deploy them during the series.

I took it far more as 'he took the money and ran to live it up, but when the war was over he let his guard down about hiding his location, which is what allowed the DJD to finally track him down.'

The only known surviving War World, Deathsaurus's, is noted to be old, run-down, and in need of repairs. It seems pretty likely that it was in the same era as the other War Worlds/maybe part of the same fleet when DS stole in, so enough time has past for them to get worn down.

So I picture it happening quite some time ago, mid-war to maybe one of the events that helped put things into the resource-starved era.

• Like Like x 2
  19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think of Ununtrium as Adamantium. They made it clear in X-men that Sabertooth wouldn't survive the process despite having identical mutant powers as Wolverine.

In the issue the show's Overlord going through the Ununtrium-bonding process Megatron and Rossum's discussion made it clear that not just any elite could endure it. Plus their Ununtrium supply was very limited.

20. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got a few more questions...

-Roberts mentioned that there were more than just 3 Phase Sixers. So who are they?
    -What are some of the planets that the P6ers infiltrated and what's there status now? (They could just retcon Quickswitch as one of the P6ers that Tarn mentioned defecting while killing Blackshadow)
    -Where's Sixshot?